Redhill me on cranberry sauce. I've never had it. Is it eaten plain or on something? Is canned best?

Redhill me on cranberry sauce. I've never had it. Is it eaten plain or on something? Is canned best?

Canned is never best. For any food.

I've seen cringe-worthy food ads from the 50's in which it was shown served in slices, but I've never seen that in real life. Normally it's a liquid sauce just like the name implies.

WHAT THE FUCK IS REDHILLING SOMEONE

you slice those puppies up into cranberry medallions. It is the best way to eat cranberries, this is indisputable. It is a side dish, served chilled. As shown in the picture it is pretty solid and will hold its shape.

You can make your own cranberry sauces if you are a cu/ck/ but prepare for disappointment. Cranberries need sugar and gimmicks to actually go over during a meal

Slicing is best you putz

Cranberry sauce and cranberry jelly are two different things.

pretty good.

Sounds like you've never had a well-made from scratch cranberry sauce to compare it to.

>scratch

It's basically just sugar. I put whole cranberries in my dressing instead.

i like to make it spicy with jalapenos and cayenne. it goes nicely with turkey or on its own. i've never had canned so i can't say

Canned cranberry jelly is so fucking good. I think I might eat a can of it tonight.

Buy some cranberries and some good quality locally produced honey. Cook them together. Incredible flavor!

Are you too young to know what "made from scratch" means or do you for some ungodly reason prefer canned stuff to what you make yourself?

From scratch is a shitload of needless work.
It's basically cranberry jam or preserves.
You add cranberries, orange peel, mash it up, add a shitload of sugar (or honey), boil until its thick, add pectin, and jar

there's not much to it.

fresh is best, super easy to make, just cook cranberries and sugar in pot.

Best eaten on some fresh pancakes.

My family has always sliced it.

whichever make you madder

My mom would make a cranberry "relish" that was mainly cranberries, some citrus, and other things sent through a meat grinder and allowed to break down in the fridge for a couple of days.
It was ok, but a totally different animal than the canned gelled stuff.

You're fucking retarded. It's so fucking easy to make cranberry sauce at home and it tastes so much better. The fact that canned cranberry sauce even exists pisses me off and shows how fucking lazy and retarded people are.
Op, buy some cranberries and heat them until they pop. Then add orange juice or sugar to your liking, don't buy a can like a stupid corporate whore.

It's no work at all you lazy fat shit. You cook cranberries on stove for a small amount of time and add sugar. It's, like, one of the essayist things I've ever had to make for thanksgiving.

Everybody needs to read this and learn.

Throw some cranberries in a saucepan with some sugar and let it simmer for like ten minutes and enjoy.

you are objectively incorrect

home made cranberry sauce screams try hard and only impresses the most steadfast of plebs. I'm sorry you can't support your fellow countrymen, but you're little orange juice fag gimmick doesn't improve the cranberries any

The canned stuff is pretty tasty in all honesty.

>he thinks anyone but autistic 4channers would look at food and think the person who made it was a try hard
It's fine if you're too lazy to do it, but don't make excuses.

The sliced canned stuff is amazing you fucking retard.

Its one of the few foods where the canned version is better than the homemade version most of the time

The worst thing about that garbage is it melts after sitting out a while at room temperature. So you end up with this sagging, sliced cylinder sitting in a pool of reddish-purple liquid. Not a great appetite stimulator.

That sounds amazing, could I get your recipe

As a resident surgeon with a blood fetish, this is exactly what gets my appetite going.

Nts: Next time scheduled for surgery inquire about surgeon's blood fetish.

It's a non sexual fetish. I just irrationally love blood. No big deal. Maybe even makes me do my job better.