no

>heat oil/butter
>add dry rice, mix well
>fry until rice begins 'foaming'
>add water
>cover

I do, for the most part. 3-5 times

only if i'm doing fried rice. otherwise i really enjoy it sticky as all get out

I do, but sometimes the dishwasher gets clogged.

I DO NOT

how does that taste compared to just boiling normally? the only time i've used that method is for pilaf with obviously other stuff in it.

it tastes better because of the fat.

usually don't bother since I just eat it with chicken in some kind of sauce

I rinse it

Depends on the type of rice and what I want to do with it. Sushi rice I always wash. Brown rice, nope... I just brown it a bit in butter and cook in stock.

I rinse it a bit.

I rinse it three times.

I tried it, but didnt notice much of a difference, so no, not anymore.

I usually rinse it until the water comes out more or less clean.

Also is there anything I can use the water from rinsing the rice? I've tasted it with a pinch of sugar and it tastes good, maybe there's something you can do with it

Yes, I wash it.

Makes no difference for flavor but it greatly reduces the amount of sticky starchy water that bubbles up when you cook the rice. Un-rinsed rice can easily make a mess. Rinsed rice does not, and the cookware is much easier to clean afterward.

>do you wash your rice
Nigga I don't even wash the underside of my testicles, let alone my filler food.

maybe stock

Yes. Better texture, less mess.

If you want sticky rice just add more water.

If I'm just making some rice for dinner for myself, no. The difference is inconsequential.

If I'm making a larger batch for having people over or making a pilaf or something, then yes.

No. I like my rice with the texture of slime.

I only eat parboiled rice, and no I don't wash it because it loses the vitamins they dust on.

I only wash my rice when I plan to steam it and have it sticky to go with my weeb curry. Obviously in such instances it is glutinous rice to begin with, and I rinse it through until the water runs mostly clear.

We know. Your boyfriend likes them that way...

Horchata, especially rumchata. It's literally made from the water leftover when washing/soaking rice. If you use good flavoring such as concentrating blueberries or raspberries into a sauce/syrup it can be god tier. Don't use artificial or prepackaged flavorings though. Real, homemade fruit syrups taste infinitely better and are useful for so many things.

>wash your rice?

yes, wash it three times and then LET IT SOAK. Makes a big difference. Also, USE GOOD RICE.

I do when I'm steaming it, I do when I'm making sushi, I don't when I'm making soups with rice or saffron rice dishes, it depends on the kind of rice I'm using as well

Totally. Unrinsed rice is fucking revolting. Who wants that clumped, chalky texture?

never

I used to, but I discovered it makes absolutely no fucking difference.

When I make sushi I do

saying someone is gay isn't an insult anymore abdul

Underrated.

I do. Jiro said I must.

The starch can help thicken sauces, so sometimes it's pointless to do so.
Otherwise, I do.

Listen niggers.

Been cooking rice all my life.

For medium grain or "Japanese rice" You need to wash very well. Aggressively agitating the rice grains to remove starch. Once this is done you fill the pot with clean COLD water and let it soak until the rice "cracks" or literally goes from opaque to white. Once half or so the rice has cracked, rinse it once more and measure to the line, but a cunt hair under because the rice will have retained slight water.

t. Japanese

>user tries to make me start a fire in my house
Eat shit, I'm not believing you for a second

faggot please cooking rice in oil for a bit is common practice. Have you never made risotto?
Although I am at a loss what he means by "foaming".

Yes, once a week I take my honda to the car wash.

>Once half or so the rice has cracked, rinse it once more and measure to the line
What line?

>from opaque to white
wut

>
>I do, but sometimes the dishwasher gets clogged.

pretty sure he means what happens when rice boils over
its the foam coming up

The line in which you pour water in to the correct amount of rice you are preparing
Trust me, follow my steps. Come back 20 minutes into the soak and you will see what I mean.

nope
1 part rice: 2 parts water
all unwashed and turns out well

I also just use regular white rice. whatever you can buy from walmart or whatever

>I tried it, but didnt notice much of a difference

The difference is quite significant if you're doing it right. Washing the starch away makes it less gluttinuous and sticky when it cooks.

No because I use jasmine rice

real question is how do you cook rice without it either getting over cooked or still hard/undercooked
I tried using a rice cooker but it's a hit or miss

Yes. I washed, washed till the water become crystal clear.

Soak it
You need a very little amount of cloud in the rice.

With a rice cooker, like the honoraburu samurai

ofc i clean my rice, grain by grain

After the rice boils, I take it out and wash it three times, each with cold water. Basically how I've been doing it my whole life.

>t. fake jp

u gotta let it dry out first then soak for 30min to 1hr

t. 真の日本人

I guess you can be somewhat right, I'm in hawaii you nip. The ethnically superior japs.