What was the most expensive food you've had and was it worth it?

What was the most expensive food you've had and was it worth it?

Surf and turf, long list of steak and fish and fried food goodness, it was like a $110 meal and yes it was worth it because all of the food was fantastic and I shared it with my gf. And you got to take home the leftovers of course and it was delicious reheated. Unstoppable food.

Ishigaki beef at a famous multi-award winning restaurant in the hills of Kobe.
It was $100 a head for the course.
Portion was about 150g or so.
Tasted like sex.

400~ dollar a person meal for food and the cheapest wine on the menu at Narisawa

Wine sucked for being 80 a bottle, but the rest of the food was the best of every single item on the 10 course meal I'd ever eaten.

Did the seven course Victoria & Albert's at Disney for my SO and my 7 year anniversary, included wine pairings with each course and ordered double wagyu; all of it very good.

Total with tip came up to ~$600.

steaks and desserts from jaks in seattle for me and the gf

$150 which isn't too bad for two and an expensive dinner

>$150 for two

lol, i ate at altura by myself and did the tasting with pairing and spent $315 including tip. the food wasn't all that special, but i did have a fantastic time since i sat at the bar which is literally the kitchen and BS'ed with the cooks for 3 hours and 10 courses.

For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich

i really, un-ironically appreciate the fact that there are people like you who make posts like these.

by yourself huh

yeah.. and that was with one comped cocktail because i had mentioned that i'm a sous chef at a respectable joint in seattle.

i was drunk/full as fuck and had a great time so it was worth it.. but yeah, for two people don't even go there unless you're planning on spending at least $700

What do you think of Radiator Whiskey?

I've went through all of Valencias Michelin star restaurants with the most expensive being about 150 euros. I'm still not sure if I'd actually say that it's worth it but there's definitely shittier use for money.

i had a great time at radiator whiskey.. i went there with my chef for one of the chef's at canlis' birthday and we got the whole roasted pig head and shit; i got a free shot of whiskey for eating the eyeball.

>pork jowl
>pork cheek
>pork tongue
>homestyle soul food-esque sides

hnnnng

El Gaucho's chateaubriand, plus a bunch of drinks appetizers etc, came up to $240. Worth it for the experience.

dat ear man, dat ear

almost forgot about the ear..

i regularly work with all parts of the pig's skull and it truly is one of god's gifts to humanity (especially considering the fact you can get an entire head for ~$20)

>radiator whiskey
>pike market
Yikes. Guess I am not going there!

This fucking guy

Japanese 11 course omakase in Manhattan for my ex-girlfriend and I. With tax plus tip it was $500. Even though we broke up a couple months later it was still worth it.

Are you one of those manhattan rich kids

Pike Market is always so crowded and I hate being in downtown Seattle in general.

Downtown Bellevue is far better....just ignore the immigrant Kobe Bellevue is a nice little spot.

Forgot picture.

Went to this haute cuisine type place near Lake Geneva, bill came out to around 5 grand in 2016 dollars
was worth it for the experience, but im more of a cheap, big plate of food kind of guy

Downtown Bellevue is also shitty. It's full of sociopathic rich assholes. I'm so sick of playing do-it-my-way-or-die and dealing with perpetual construction whenever I drive through there.

Nope, live in Philly, where I make a pretty good living in the industry. Food is something I love so I don't mind paying more for a unique experience.

Oh look at the BIG SPENDER over here!
I'm gonna guess you also fill your gas tank all the way.

16 course New Nordic Cuisine tasting menu at a place in Copenhagen
I didn't pay for it, so totally worth it

Whole beef tri-tip, served rare.
Granted it wasn't a hundred bucks or more but for 50 bucks, it was well worth it.
The waitress questioned me on the rare part, but the cook pulled it off, tender, and almost blue in the center.
I felt like a goddamn king.

Caviar,400 dollars
My advice is don't eat caviar unless you like salty things

Oysters

No regrets

This !!!!

Ate a full course dinner at To Kokker in Bergen. With a few bottles of wine and cognac after dinner it added up to over 1000$ for me and my date.

60€ rib-eye
first was great
second was still pretty good, but not worth the price.

>there's definitely shittier use for money.

Well said

I spent ~$5000 on food one month in NYC.

No ragretz

List your purchases or post tits, b8-fag.

NoMad, Daniel, Eleven Madison Park, Momofuku ssam bar and nichi, Batard, pricey but delicious breakfasts, coffee here and a sandwich there adds up. Seems like even normal food items like burgers in Manhattan cost five to ten bucks more.

Plus the wine....

I ONCE TREATED A SPECIAL LADY FRIEND I HAD TO A TEN COURSE FRENCH CUISINE DINNER. EACH COURSE WAS CHEFS CHOICE AND IT WAS A COMPLETE MYSTERY UNTIL IT ARRIVED AT THE TABLE. IT WAS LUXURIOUS AND SOME OF THE BEST FOOD IVE EVER HAD. THE FINAL PRICE TAG WAS CLOSE TO 400 DOLLARS. IT WAS QUITE THE EXPERIENCE.

FOR THE RECORD, I DID COPULATE WITH HER THAT NIGHT.

According to my dad dinner at this famous stakehouse
I don't give a fuck about football but my cousin freaked out because there was a football player eating two tables away so I guess it was

It never seemed that crowded to me.

Had a steak in SK, was like $75
Super fucking good though. Especially because I didn't pay.

Pike Place is never crowded after it closes ar 7. The bar is full of locals anyway.

C-can we hang out user? I've always wanted a chef friend in Seattle.

About two years ago I went to a pub with a brother, On the menu they had a special for a Lobster Mac N Cheese.

It was 50$ for Mac N Cheese, But they must have put cocaine in it because it was worth every bite. The Claw meat was shredded all throughout with the tail on top of the actual mac. And the mac itself was just the right blend of creamy and savory.

>Pineapple

Disgusting

When I was in Beijing a few years back, met with a guy who sold yachts.

He took a friend and I out to a restaurant and ordered many things for us to try. All sorts of local specialties, as well as traditional items like a Peking duck carved into 108 pieces tableside.

The waitress fucked up and left the bill open-faced on the table in between us. He grabbed it pretty quick, but I saw that the bill was about 9,000 RMB, which was about $1,500 USD at the time.

The food was fucking amazing, by the way.

Would I have paid that much for it? Absolutely not. But it was damn good, and likely chump change to our host.

Had some other very expensive, very good meals in Vegas recently, but those were all paid for by IBM staff and other vendors.

The most that I've personally paid for in recent memory was in Germany, a "thank you" meal for my sister and brother-in-law for hosting me for a month. It wasn't more than 50 Euros a head considering alcohol and dessert, but the schweinhaxen was perfect and there was plenty of good dark German beer.

Pic related, it was worth it for just that one time.

280€ pp at "unterfahrt", a 3michelin star restaurant in bavaria, it was a gift for a gf and i definitely enjoyed it more than just buying her something. Its much more than id be willing to pay on a somewhat regular basis for sure, food was great though

22€, seeing the prices in this thread makes me want to .. I don't even know, feels bad

$240 for a steak at a stripclub, came with vaginal intercourse. The steak was surprisingly good.

No way that's true

Centolla for $200, totally worth it

How old are you?

>Centolla
What's that?

Not my most expensive total, but compared to what i got from it. I paid 80 dollars for two beers and two small balls of ice cream. I was in Monte Carlo with my gf.

Me and my gf eat expensive meals together all the time. We are very wealthy as we inherited money from our parents so we can eat at fancy restaurants and not even care! We also frequently have sex. Did I mention my gf?

cool

My sisters and me went to some sushi restaurant they recommended. The bill was several hundred dollars when there was barely any food served... I couldn't eat fish so the experience was lackluster for me. I prefer California rolls to so-called authentic sushi which I consider to be quite expensive since it's six bucks for like 8 pieces.

About $100/person for sushi and sake in Seattle. Fuck yes it was worth it.

>French laundry
>1600 bill
>Worth every penny

I had a burger at Denny's once, with tip it came to $1500

sure..

i'm a non-native from cleveland so i'm always looking for new people to hang out with. shoot me an email, [email protected]

>no that's not my real name
>not recognizing the obvious movie reference
>being this much of a fag

there's my response to criticism for posting that

shiro's?

1600 for one person? or for a party of like four?

I had a $20 duck breast. It was very good, and easily worth $20. It made me more interested in upscale food. $20 aint shit, and it was fucking great. What does a $50 duck breast taste like?

with food, you hit a wall of SIGNIFICANT diminishing returns after about $30 for a single plate..

like, i get it if your dry aged, bone-in strip steak is priced at $90 because of the time it took to get it to be that way/the amount of meat you had to rim off because it was unusable/labor cost, but realistically it won't be twice as good as a massive $40 ribeye that was cooked/seasoned properly and was only expensive because the market cost is expensive.

unless the duck breast is loaded with expensive steak or fish and also foie gras, a $50 duck breast is bullshit.

£220 tasting menu + wine flight at a 2 Michelin star restaurant

No, had better for cheaper at 1* places.

you never splurge on shit for yourself?

whether it's the new iphone, a new purse, or a nice dinner out, i find it hard to believe that even poor people don't splurge once in a while.

you went to disney world on your anniversary? jesus christ

My parents took me out to a Japanese place in Chicago and it was $200-300 per person after tax+tip. It was a very nice meal but I'm not sure it was worth it. I would prefer the experience of a tasting menu rather than just ordering a bunch of stuff, which was what we did.

>with food, you hit a wall of SIGNIFICANT diminishing returns after about $30 for a single plate..

This is truth.

I'd have to say that some of the best meals I've ever had were around $28 for a plate, and I've spent much more than that for much less.

Hell, I've got a local pub that does insanely cheap delicious pizza on Thursdays, and I can get Arrogant Bastard Ale on tap there. For less than $15, I can get a loaded pizza and two pints of good beer. I'm in food bliss for a while and have plenty of pizza leftover for snacks.

It's all about finding the value.

I've eaten at the Nordic Lodge before. Worth every penny.

Most expensive meal was a $220 Kobe steak at the SW. Absolutely delicious. Also oddly enough, today I was actually in Kobe and ate Kobe beef again, but it was much less expensive because I was in the city itself.

All meals were worth every penny.

Honestly the best food I've ever had and the best food I've ever had that was worth it.

let's talk steak because that ones fairly easy.
most worth it: peter lugers in NY, berns in tampa, chophouse in new orleans, mckendricks in Atlanta. Typically the bill with booze was around 100-200 per person.

Really not worth it: wagyu beef at cut in vegas, it was about 1200 for the wife and I, I might go back but I wouldn't order that again.

the best food I've ever had was probably The Eight in Macau, but definitely on the not worth it list. Sure it was maybe 20% better than some of the worth it places, but it cost 5-10x as much. I didn't pay but I was told our bill for 12 was over 20k. I've been very fortunate to be able to experience some of these places for work.

The most worth it food I've ever had: There used to be a place that did home made gyros with farm raised lamb from a town down the street. Still the best gyro I've ever had. They were about 15$ for the over sized, extra everything version. Unbelievable. It still makes me hard.

He took his wife's son with him.

Checked

>Disney for anniversary
>SO

I can smell the faggotry from here.

whats ur job

I had a $50 steak (for free, friend was manager) and it was great. I wouldn't spend $50 on it, but I might if I was rich.

The most expensive meal I've ever paid for dinner for four at Ruth's Chris. Not only was it delicious, but the whole experience made my little girls feel like royalty. Obviously worth it.

I'm a woman studies investigator.

I get paid the big bucks to teach people the difference between ur your and you're.

I work for a consulting company specializes in network security.

Different poster:
V&A's is the ultimate restaurant in Disney World and one of only ~2 restaurants in Florida with a 3-star Michelin rating. Also, British royalty has dined there.

Ate at a certain chef's restaurant in Copenhagen, I didn't pay for it because it was on trip expenses but it was a total miss and not worth it even not paying for it.

20 dollar dish from red lobster

My company does the Christmas parties there.

Fantastic steak. I think I racked up a $200 bar tab between the old fashioned's and the Macallen.

Steak in vegas. It was ramsays place.

It was $540 something for two people

That covered one steak, with one side
One chicken dish with one side
Two glasses of wine
One shared dessert

It was worth it desu. Everything was great. Service, atmosphere, food.

Want to go again

Can someone please explain where this meme came from?

For me, it's Baneposting, the best Veeky Forums meme.

$500 for a Hurricane Sandy charity dinner.

It was at Cafe Boulud, the Chefs from Daniel and Momofuku did all the cooking, Gavin Kaysen, Matt Rudofker, and Sean Grey. Dave Chang and Daniel Boulud were there, quite a few other famous chefs too.

It was 5 courses of the restaurants best dishes each paired with a drink, wines, sake, and cocktails.

Most definitely worth it! Will never forget that night.

Office christmas party, paid for by the company, at a japanese steakhouse/haibachi place.
About $75 a head including drinks for the dozen of us, not including the half that stayed afterwards to drink at the bar on the company tab too.
It was almost worth it.

some nigger had sex with a mcchicken and posted a video of it online

sushi nakazawa? I went last month

I think I started it desu. Someone else posted it the first time and I thought it was autistic and sounded funny as fuck. This was back when somebody was making threads spamming a stock photo of the big mac. So for every blatant fast food shill shitposting thread I ironically started spamming a generic stock photo of the McChicken along with those exact words, "For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich". It was originally a tongue in cheek shitpost reserved for fast food hype and marketing threads. But I was not alone. There was at least one other user making the same exact posts in similar threads around the same time. The difference is that they used a comma instead of a period to break up the phrasing. But that's all it took for the conception of a white hot new meme. It wasn't long before other anons began to take notice. Some immitated the shitpost, with varying degrees of success. Now I rarely post about McChicken but the fire has risen. It is everywhere.

My friends passed a hat around to make an authentic Saturnalia feast for 40 last year. I cooked for three straight days, called in with the flu for this. It averaged out to $50 a person, not including the three giant soup pots of spiced wine, the giant bonfire, and the absolute pain in the ass that was making that straw/wire/ribbon life-size goat for the sacrifice.

It was perfect. I refuse to do it again on a consecutive year. Maybe next winter.

This is one of the few posts in this thread that makes me happy.

>was it worth it?
That's an absurd concept. My perspective of value changes with how much I have in the bank or even my wallet. Whether or not something is "worth it" has a lot to do with whether I have $10, $50, $100 or $500 to blow at that time. Even if I have $1000 to blow nothing might seem "worth it" if I'm in the mood to hold on to that dough.

Then there's thew question of whether or not I'm paying. I had Russian caviar and excellent Champagne at a party at a Chateau in Switzerland a few years ago. I've had fantastic expensive meals at upscale places in Tokyo, Paris, New York and Sydney. But I didn't pay for these things - I was taken out to these meals as part of my work. Were they "worth it"? They're among my lifetime top food experiences. But most of them would have been out of my reach if I had to foot that bill. So I don't put a monetary value on them. I think of them as priceless.

At the end of the day paying too much for shit is stupid. I never want to do that. But some luxury experiences are expensive. And you can't judge them the way you decide whether or not it's worth paying more than 89 cents a pound this week for eggplant or whether it's worth it buying limes this week because the price just tripled. Some great food experiences just cost what they cost, and value has nothing to do with it. Thankfully other great food experiences can be amazingly cheap. The best banh mi I've had in my life costs $5. The best tacos I've ever had were a buck and change. The best dim sum I've had worked out to $12 per person by the end of the meal. There's not a linear between price and quality. It's just that some food experiences cost a lot more than others. At the most expensive end of things whether or not you think something is "worth it" says more about you than the thing itself.

I'm pretty sure I started it user. Someone else posted it the first time and I thought it was autistic and sounded funny as fuck. This was back when somebody was making threads spamming a stock photo of the big mac. So for every blatant fast food shill shitposting thread I ironically started spamming a generic stock photo of the McChicken along with those exact words, "For me it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich". It was originally a tongue in cheek shitpost reserved for fast food hype and marketing threads. But I was not alone. There was at least one other user making the same exact posts in similar threads around the same time. The difference is that they used a comma instead of a period to break up the phrasing. But that's all it took for the conception of a white hot new meme. It wasn't long before other anons began to take notice. Some immitated the shitpost, with varying degrees of success. Now I rarely post about McChicken but the fire has risen. It is everywhere.

you can a 10€ duck breast that is amazing as long as it's cooked right. If you ever go to France, eat as much duck as you can. You don't even have to go to fancy places because normal everyday restaurants have delicious duck.

holy fucking autism