I bought some ghee and msg. How fucked am i? I'm kinda scared to use them now...

I bought some ghee and msg. How fucked am i? I'm kinda scared to use them now. Every recipe prefaces how dangerous they are and to use my own judgement

Wtf

Ghee is pure saturated fat and unhealthy.
MSG is only slightly unhealthy because of the sodium.

Ghee is good for keto or paleo. Nothing wrong with msg, just don't use too much or will have the opposite effect.

I'd learn how to cook without them. But don't tell anyone you used then if you do

>MSG is only slightly unhealthy because of the sodium.
It can be used as a sodium replacement. So you can use less sodium that way.

What's wrong with ghee?

It's no worse than butter

>clarified butter
>Chinese salt
Y'all a bunch of pansies

Ok, then it's good for you?

I thought the only saturated fats that were good for you are the ones that are solid at room temperature? Butter may be, but ghee isnt.

It takes like 10 minutes to melt butter, and clarify it. The only point to removing butter solids (flavor) is that it has a higher smoke point. Why that's sooo important is to skip using oil you can't afford. Errr. Just use a little oil, and add butter in there for the butter flavor. Buying ghee in some jar is the equivalent of buying velveeta instead of real cheese, because it melts better and you can't figure out a roux.
Only reason to buy MSG is the sneaky nature to make food taste better, and you can't be bothered to use more technique and ingredients to make that happen with the better recipe. Or maybe you just like the side effects later.

ghee is literally butter without the milk solids you cunt

Yes. And cheese is spoiled milk. That doesn't make them the same thing.

I didn't say they were the same thing, but you must realize butter without milk solids and water is going to be about the same as butter with them, health wise.
>Butter may be, but ghee isnt.
I just want you to accept how stupid you are.

Changing the physical property of something could alter how the body digests it. Kind of like cooking an egg vs eating it raw.

But it's not changed. Ghee is just pure butterfat

I was one of those faggots who said "there's no proof that MSG is harmful, there's nothing wrong with it", then I actually bought some and started using it in my dishes, and I'd always get a headache 5 minutes after eating it.

Avoid MSG, OP. It's not good stuff.

It is changed. You took out the parts that helped bind it together and keep it solid. It is something entirely different. If you give someone hash oil instead of weed, their body will react differently to it.

You destroy the emulsion when you remove the water and milk solids. It still gets solid just like butter does and at the same temperature.

All of your analogies are retarded so far. You can actually turn ghee back into butter with the right equipment. All the things bad about butterfat are equally bad about both butter and ghee. How your body reacts to it is not altered.

>Ghee is pure saturated fat
>Ghee is unhealthy

Well which one is it?

t. 2016

Bioavailability and all that jazz. Also the hash oil and weed analogy is pretty similar. Agree to disagree.

I've seen ghee that was both solid and liquid at room temperature. The stuff my mom makes is solid at room temperature but the store bought stuff is usually 50/50.

In any case I really don't see how milk solids would make butter healthier than ghee. If anything they'd make it worse.

All MSG is is just salt, so you're using too much and getting dehydrated. Drink more water and you'll find you magically don't have a headache anymore.

Ghee is solid in room temp.