Lazy fish stew

Hello Veeky Forums. I got some fresh fish today and decided to make something comfy I eat eat two days in a row.

I got 2 fish here, ready to be de-scaled and gutted

5 cloves of mutant Chinese garlic, fistful of parsley leaves, 2 lbs of peeled and sliced potatoes (in water so they don't darken while I prep the rest)

Sautée the garlic on medium heat until fragrant, add parsley, stir for a minute

Add taters, let them soften for 4-5 minutes

Add a glass of white wine, potato water, salt, pepper, tsp of rosemary, tsp of thyme, 5 tbsp of pureed tomatoes, one medium onion, sliced in rings. Hot peppers optional. I just added a small dried pepperoncino because I'm a pussy that can't stand hot food. Stir well.

Add fish heads and cook for 15 minutes on low heat. You don't wanna add a whole fish yet because it's going to fall apart.

Pussy pic while waiting

Added fish, 10 more mins

What's "taters", Precious?

Wa la

Precious? Are you a faggot?

I wouldn't really call it a stew as such, but it looks OK.

The only think I would do different is maybe add some fish stock (from a cube or something) rather than just potato water.

I would probably add some cream to finish.

Other than that, I like it.

>What's "taters", Precious?
Spuds, Potatoes.

Yeah it's a flexible recipe, you can modify it whenever you want and it still turns out good. I didn't add fish stock because fish heads give pretty much the same taste.

I'm not an expert on fish but it looks like you used Tilapia, which is not readily available here in England.

It's a white fish though, so I reckon the flavours are subtle, I just hope the spuds never overwhelmed it

Like I said, it's not really a stew but it still sounds good and if the fish heads imparted flavour . . .all the better.

Nope, it was a a gilt-head bream. I'm not even sure if I've seen a tilapia in my life. They're freshwater fish, right?

>They're freshwater fish, right?
Apparently.

I don't know much about 'gilt-head bream' either, I don't know where you are from or what fish you have access to, so I am at a loss to the sort of fish you can get but it just looks white, so I can only compare to white fish that I know.

Southern Europe, I usually eat salt water fish. Freshwater fish has a less intense, even bland flavor.

We don't tend to eat Freshwater Fish in England either, they are mostly caught for sport . . .a few photographs and they put them back in the pond, the Eastern Europeans here tend to take them and eat them though, especially Carp, which Brits don't eat because they are a 'Muddy fish' .

Looks god damn delicious, OP. That broth has a good lookin' color.

Your supposed to keep those in water m8.