Going to this place for the first time later today

Going to this place for the first time later today
what authentic Australian cuisine should i try out first?

>authentic Australian cuisine
stab a kangaroo and eat spiders

Don't forget to swim with great whites and rape a cockatoo.

Load up on emu meatballs

Make sure you call your waitress a cunt, she'll feel offended if you don't. Also, don't forget to to huff some petrol while you're there to truly make it an authentic experience.

That place sucks, just get a burger or something there

Try crocodile meat if you have never had it, its got a unique but tasty flavour.

Make a fire and cook a goanna on it. Wash it down with 20 cans of VB until you pass out back to the dreamtime. It's the aboriginal way

Truth of it is they have a grilling culture that's pretty similar to the US. Get a steak and some grilled prawns and you've pretty much nailed it.

So basically, what we already eat here.

That would be like if Seattle and New York started charging for rat meat. I saw a rat the size of a fucking Beagle the last time I was in Seattle.

Outback Steakhouse started in Tampa, Florida where I live in the late 1980s, at the height of the Crocodile Dundee phase. The Aussie theme was just a gimmick meant to cash in on that fad, and they wound up keeping the theme after the fad ended.

The food is actually pretty good as for a chain restaurant, but I'm pretty sure there are no actual uniquely-Australian items on the menu.

Worked in the kitchen of this place for years. It's even less Australian than Taco Bell is Mexican. But they do a decent amount of scratch made items and is a slight step above a place like Chili's.

I'll be here for a an hour or two, ask me anything I guess. I've got about 18 years experience working in kitchens.

Do you like working In kitchens?

Where have you worked at?

It has its ups and downs. The pay is shit unless you go management (even then, mediocre) and the hours are shit no matter what. But I enjoy creating, working with my hands and the fast paced environment.

Mostly I've worked at Outback (currently kitchen manager) but a couple mom and pop shops part time with Outback for additional income, full time Chili's and managed a smallish chain kitchen called Kona Grill.

Looks like it's a slow night and some faggot is spamming the board. Seeing as no one seems to care I'm calling it a night. Die in a fire cu/ck/s.

I mean you just kind of assumed anybody was going to give a shit about you

Kangaroo meet is good, though.

I thought someone might give a fuck. I barely do. Just didn't want to leave future anons hanging.

>authentic Australian cuisine

Fucking hell, you got me there OP. Nice one.

>Nearest one is a 45 minute drive
>They had a packed night last me and family went
>Told estimated wait is 30 minutes
>hour and a half later, finally get a seat, only open booth, table hadn't even been cleaned, just dishes cleared
>20 minutes to order drinks, order food in same moment
>20 more minutes for drinks to arrive
>Another 40 for food
>Any and all meat is raw
>Starches burnt
>Only thing right is the vegetables, a single side of asparagus my mum ordered for her entire dinner and 2 salads
>left and ate at the Mcguire's Pub across the street, almost empty, good service, passable food on a moment's notice
Outback a shit.

Oh I should add:
>The fried fucking chicken tenders were raw
Literally how.

Damn what an awful experience. I hope you didn't pay for that shit.A

Outback is just a grillhouse and there is nothing Australian about it. There is no specific Australian cusine although there are some nice dishes that use native spices and other ingredients.

Kangaroo is so low fat and gamey it's not very nice. Everything else is available pretty much anywhere especially Florida which has similar seafood including croc meat.

>>chicken tenders
meme end to a meme story

>Kona Grill

I worked with a guy who divided his week between two jobs, one being that place. In the end, he choose that place because it was apparently a more festive atmosphere with the food and the waitresses and the tips despite the lower wage.

Of course security is not meant to be fun.

is it kill? how did it died?

Not a cent. They didn't stop us and apologized, trying to bribe us to come back with a 40% coupon on our next meal.

Vegemite

don't forget to bring in a full goon bag to get hammered in the traditional aussie style. feel free to share with your waitress, who will feel offended if you don't call her a cunt and grab her pussy.

Damn fuck that

They have my favorite ahi tuna dish. The tuna is rolled in crushed black pepper, and the sauce you can dip it in, and the sauce in the little salad thingie below it are fantastic.

If it's one thing Outback excels at, it's sauces.

Where is that shitty Outback you went to?

I ask because pretty much all of the locations that I have been to in the Tampa Bay area (where they are HQ'd) are top notch.

Non-shilling disclaimer: GAS THE KIKES! GAS THE KIKES! GAS THE KIKES! GAS THE KIKES! GAS THE KIKES!

hollowpoint bullet or shotgun slug