You are transported to a room where you will have to make a choice between two parallel universes in which to spend the...

You are transported to a room where you will have to make a choice between two parallel universes in which to spend the rest of your life in. These universes are exactly the same as the current one barring one minor difference. All the people you know now will know and remember you the same way they do now, but you will remember the old universe.

Universe A is a universe that doesn't and will never have that red, tangy, slightly acidic family of fruits we call the tomato.

Universe B is a universe that doesn't and will never have that spicy, somewhat bitter, somewhat salty and crunchy family of vegetables known as the onion.

Which universe do you choose Veeky Forums?

My instinct is to say no tomatoes because they're just not one of my favourite fruits, but then there would be no pasta sauces which is an important ingredient in a lot of dishes I enjoy.

But I think I will still pick tomatoes.

No more tomatoes

Can I just stay in the room?

No tomates

fuck you man my favorite food is indian and both are staple ingredients kysmm

Naw tah mah tah oes
Nightshade """""vegetables""""" are mildly poisonous.

I use onions a lot more than tomatoes, so I'd have to reluctantly give up the tomato.

Easy, no tomatos.

i'd surrender onions.

i can't live without ketchup.

Tomatoes and strawberries taste pretty similar when you add nothing to them
So goodbye tomatoes, I can probably replace you with just a bit of effort

I have bad news for you

I will go with no onions

I can easily substitute it with spring onions, shallots and garlic

Tomatoes can kick rocks

I will eat a whole onion raw like other people eat apples

B. Too many good sauces are made with tomato

Taking out the onion family would take garlic as well. The tomato has to go.

What if there were another vegetable, as delicious and versatile as onions and tomatoes on our planet, but we just never got around to discovering and cultivating them, and now due to deforestation and the spread of human settlements they're all extinct?

Or imagine if the Greeks or Romans were eating something really tasty, but it's just disappeared from our planet because we stopped growing it.

How's life on the outside Tony?

I'd choose a world with onions and nothing else

I like tomatoes more by themselves, but I use onions as an ingredient way more.

Keep onions, get rid of tomatoes.

That's a humdinger, and even though my fave veg is the onion I'd have to choose the tomato universe, it's simply responsible for too much and too versatile

This kinda happened. The romans had a widely used herb that made amazingly effective contraceptive tea but it went extinct

Onion

Lol

Anyone ever eaten an onion like an apple? I have, don't do it.

Yeah, silphium. It's what made me think of the idea. Maybe there are more.

Sadly, I must choose to live in Onion Universe.

I remember Emma Golding's book, " My Disillusionment With Russia," where Lenin, immediately after the revolution was eating a raw onion and lemon to ward off scurvy. As an anarcho-syndacalist, I'll have to go with onion.

As much as I love onions, tomatoes are much more important and influential, so I'd have to go with Universe B.

*hmm, I don't know how I fucked that up so badly. It's Goldman, not Golding. And "In Russia" not "My Disillusionment..."

I think if I could still use garlic, shallots, and scallions, I could live without onions proper.

Couldn't live without tomatoes, love Italian food too much.

why did you cut such huge and deep criss-crosses? and why did you do it to the onion? serious question

I mean I know about scoring the skin of tomatoes then quickly blanching & shocking them to get the peel, but what's up with those onions?

That's not OP's original pic you twat cocker.

>IMG_4495

sounds like a personal camera filename

keep me posted

Use Google Search then talk to me, fuck cunter.

I choose universe A, because I'm allergic to tomatoes and it's for the nest.