>anything else

Other urls found in this thread:

simplyrecipes.com/recipes/suzannes_old_fashioned_pumpkin_pie/
simplyhomecooked.com/pumpkin-cheesecake/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Poster tiers:

Faggot Tier
>OP

Pecan has a high variance. A good pecan pie is The Best Pie, and a shit pecan pie is just garbage. I've never had a bad pumpkin pie, they are always good, but I'd rather have the best pecan pie than the best pumpkin pie.

This, I make possibly the best pecan pie in existence and it's fucking divine. I don't even like sweets but I'll eat the fuck out of that shit.

What's wrong with pepper steak pie?

>Okay tier
>>Cheesecake

End your own fucking life, you absolutely cunt cheesecake is the best of the best

You got a recipe for that? Looks tasty

cake > pie, almost always. I love the bready chewiness you get out of a cake. The soft fillings of pies just don't cut it.

God Tier
>Sweet potato pie
>Good pecan pie
>Apple pie
>any good tier or above as a fried pie

Demigod tier
>pumpkin pie
>cheesecake
>shepherds pie

Good tier
>Blackberry cobbler
>Peach cobbler
>meat pies

Okay tier
>most berry pies
>most anything else

Absolute shit tier
>bad pecan pie
>strawberry rhubarb pie

>American '''''''''''''''''''pie''''''''''''''''''''''''

Good tier
>Pumpkin
>Apple
>Pecan
>Cherry

Bad tier
>Cheesecake
>Anything else

>all pies sold in supermarkets taste like cinnamon and cinnamon only
If people wanted cinnamon pie, they wouldn't be buying apple pies.

I generally agree with OP, but I'd move cheesecake up to god-tier along with pumpkin.

found the turbopleb

>Not strawberry rhubarb or cherry

Faaaaag detected. Pumpkin is for suburban middle class white girls. Fuck off.

reminder that a carrot pie is a pumpkin pie you can do ALL YEAR

cherry is fucking garbage tier

Maybe the store bought shit you buy in fat land.

i don't live in fatland or buy supermarket pie

cherry is a garbage pie

did you bake your cum in there? that shit looks gross

They sell canned pumpkin all year though,

Subjective and irrelevant fuck off

Meat pies are the best pies, prove me wrong.

>itt unusual pies

MY GF MAKES THE BEST APPLE PIE KNOWN TO MAN. I THOUGHT I GENUINELY DIDNT LIKE APPLE PIE BEFORE I TASTED HERS.

No Tourtière?

is this cheese based?

watch the swears buddy

nah, cream apparently:

1 pie shell (see all-butter crust recipe)
2 cups cream
1 cup half & half or milk
3 tablespoons dried lavender buds (often labeled as lavender tea or dried lavender)
1 tablespoon butter
2 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries (12 ounces, but if the package is 10 oz that’ll work fine too)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 eggs plus 3 yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt

Cheesecake is not a pie, it's more of a custard. It doesn't even matter anyway because the filling doesn't determine what is and isn't a pie, the crust does. A real pie uses traditional flour dough for the base and optional top. Cheesecakes use compressed graham crackers. Ergo, not a pie.

Sweet potato is ascended tier

Sure but carrot has a shit flavor and texture.

Fresh cherry pies are good. No canned filling, but fresh cherries pitted and halved.

>canned
Inferior. But they do sell butternut squash all year

100% agree. Now gonna go buy some pies

>But they do sell butternut squash all year

How is the taste compared to pumpkin? It pisses me off once Halloween passes every store drops their until pumpkin stock.

how are you going to put cheesecake in just "okay tier"

also shouldn't it be in god tier because you can make it whatever flavor?? like you could make pumpkin pie flavored cheesecake

What about lemon?

That better not be Key Lime pie.. If so that is a disgrace to an absolutely wonderful type of pie.

All pie is good. Would you ever complain about being served pie? Why bicker about it.

Filename. Avocado.

top pie:
hersheys
apple

high pie:
boston cream
pumpkin

middle pie:
custard

low pie:
savory pies

bottom pie:
all other fruit-based pie

That's fucking lime, you goddamned monkey.

*berry all tastes the same, they all have a very nondescript artificial "fruit" flavor that just kills it for me

granted I've only ever had pre-made berry pies

>strawberry rhubarb
>shit tier
Kys my man.

just wretched a little desu

I'd add shoofly and derby pie in Demigod, but otherwise the True List of Pies.

Sorry, english isn't my native language so i can't see the difference between those

God Tier:
pie

Fixed for ya

cant you read you imbecile? Go back and read the fucking filename you cocksucker retard

christ almighty dude chill down

Are Marie Callender's pies acceptable to eat? We don't have one around here, just Sherry's, but I used to get MC's once in a while back in CA.

If you don't love all types of pie then you're a sub-human faggot.

Prove it to us and post the recipe. I am sick of pecan pies that are an inch of gelatinous corn syrup with a layer of nuts on top.

Maybe you guys can help me. I have to make a gluten free pumpkin pie (or dessert) so I'm researching/thinking of what I can do for the crust.

At this point I'm considering making a dough/crust using almond meal, walnuts, and pecans, but I wonder at that point should I modify my pumpkin pie recipe to be fluffier or perhaps even go cheesecake? My recipe uses two eggs and a yolk, maybe I could fold in egg whites and omit the third yolk or something.

I also want to incorporate the seeds in some fashion, maybe I could add them to the crust too or make a design on top (ofc I'll be roasting them beforehand).

Thoughts? Ideas? Best pumpkin pie recipes?

simplyrecipes.com/recipes/suzannes_old_fashioned_pumpkin_pie/ this is the recipe I've been using, for reference

>no buttermilk pie

Are you all niggers or something?

OP is clearly a faggot, the best pie is pussy

Though i like cheesecake my viggest issue with it is how how people think because its a basic, minimal you dont have to do more than the minimus required and its perfect. At least put a tard fruit drizzle on it and some of the berries on therw.
Or cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger for jesus sake

Try eggnog cheesecake with a caramel drizzle around Christmas time. Thank me later

Pumpkin pie is alright, but it isn't god tier.

I love me some Cherry and some Apple.

Cake >>> Pie
this is an objective fact

That i have tried and its epic as fuck

>Key lime pie isn't a pie

And don't try to tell me the graham cracker crust isn't the superior version.

Honestly you can call just about anything you want to a "pie" here in the USA. A pie is really just a casserole with a crust, anyways.

It's in one of my binders in my kitchen (at work) so I'll post it tomorrow if I remember.

Honestly though, pecan pie was probably invented by corn syrup manufacturers as a way to move product; it's a big part of the taste. I would recommend using more pecans (and definitely toasting them first) if you aren't a fan of the gelatinous pies; I use 3 times as many pecans as most recipes call for, which is more expensive but gives great results. Also, using whiskey (younger American ones like Jack Daniel's) in place of half the vanilla called for in most recipes gives it a much better texture and deeper flavor in the end.

Source: I've made a few thousand pecan pies in my life

Using walnuts/other nuts crushed up and almond meal should work. Mix in sugar and melted butter. I wouldn't bother messing with the pie filling too much. I've never really made gluten-free desserts on purpose (if they happen to be gluten-free like macarons that's nice I guess) because there's not much of a market for it around here.

>Pecan Pie in shit tier
kys faggot
Pecan Pie is the best

This

God Tier
>lemon tart

>not even one self-made pie posted in the entire thread
>tfw never made pie
Come on Veeky Forums stop arguing over diner pies, post your OC, I need motivation
...and recipes

Do you scream at her too?

your moms vag.jpg

ty for the input, will definitely use sugar/butter

Reminds me of a big baklava senpai

the halal 7/11 meat pies for 3 bucks are a pretty good deal

its all i can really afford to eat when out and about

I'm trying to find a decent pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe, but I don't trust ones on allrecipes cause anything I've made from there has been terrible, and when I go to foodgwaker, everything is fucking keto paleo vegan meme shit.

Where do I find just regular pumpkin pie cheesecake?

I have a great pumpkin cheesecake recipe that tastes a lot like pumpkin pie. It's at work so if you can wait I'll try to remember to bring it home tomorrow night and post it along with whatever I promised to post earlier for some other anons. You're right not to trust allrecipes, they are terrible for anything. Food Network is also notably useless for most recipes.

Damn. I was trying to get a list ready for tonight as my bf is gonna go Thanksgiving shopping while I'm at work.

>simplyhomecooked.com/pumpkin-cheesecake/
Was thinking about this one. Does it look legit?

I need to fuck that pie and then eat it.

Or maybe just eat it. Looks good.

This looked like a decent recipe until I read the technique they used for baking. I don't know what kind of ass-backward idiots turn off their oven in the middle of baking a fucking cheesecake. I'm sorry there aren't many decent sources for cheesecake baking on the internet, because it's easy as fuck once you've seen it done once.

>Only listing sweet pies

Pork pie is one of my favourites, along with steak and ale.

>Cheesecake is a pie

THIS NIGGA KNOWS

though I'd have to add Key Lime to God Tier

>he doesnt have steak pie at top tier

Laughingsluts.jpg

>implying this isn't the best type of pie ever made

have you looked on youtube at all? I can't point you in any direction but you might find insight there

God tier:
>Anything that's not a corn syrup pie with pecans

Shit tier:
>Corn syrup pie with pecans

Cheesecake is not a pie but its own class

>god tier
>doesn't include cherry pie
my childhood favorite