Fml

well would you look at the time, its time to cook food and all kinds of fantastic shit oh joy!

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along,
bake-along, drink-along, pickling-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread, feel free to plug your own cook-along thread here too

last thread >r.i.p. what.cd :^(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnweKclCLRk
youtube.com/watch?v=EdgjKvDo924
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

one more glamour shot while i finish a few dishes

youtube.com/watch?v=qnweKclCLRk

...yay kitties

I think something is broken.

broken?

so i bought an excess of meat to figure out how to work this vac sealer, I plan to freeze some stuff and do a taste test experiment in 2-3 months and see what meats hold up

>broken?

check the catalog, there are like 15 copies of this thread

Is this actually the real thread? Looks like it, based on the cat & melon pic. My bad, I posted in one of the dupes. I'll just migrate my pasta over here.

>My wok comfort food for today was a shallot-based vegetable tomato sauce, with celery, carrot, bell pepper, and mushroom. I cooked my pasta in chicken broth this time. It didn't make any noticeable difference in flavor. The sauce tastes fantastic.

ahh yes that is a mad somagun right there lol, srry to the mods that end cleaning this shit up

H-How did your cat get in that box, OP?

It's probably just the usual late night trolls that plague 4chins now. I go to like two other boards besides this one and this shit always happens now once it gets to "current time".

Somebody tell me what the fuck is happening right now

Some salty fellow spammed the board with duplicates of a few threads, including this one. Don't despair though, they'll fall off the front page soon enough.

Some assblasted troll is spamming in an attempt to get the actual OP banned.

just ignore it anons let their attempt fall on deaf ears, if anything bump any worthwhile threads about to get knocked off

letting this come up to roomtemp, its about 40f in houston tonight so trying to get comfy ya heard

took a pic of one of my cars earlier so I could shitposting in the cat food thread but I couldn't find the old thread. so here she is now.

Damn fine cat you got there. Here's mine.

Ahhhh, Deep Ellum. I got my dick pierced there many moons ago....

>took a pic of one of my cars
How's she drive?

Smug Cat meets his arch nemesis Food Saver Cat.

you fucking degenerate

CUTE
U
T
E

prepped some easy peezy sides

vac sealed some chicken im a vac professional pls do not concern yourself with this

If i ever see your cat im going to smother it

W-with love?

m8 there is a 3rd cat that you have not seen, she is my bottom bitch and she dont play, turn back, it is not safe

>salt, pepper, evoo

Nah im going to let my german shepherd play with it for a while

He always manages to not kill the cat it untill he gets bored

Why start on you aspergers now?

You could have done that while the steak was resting?

So, what's it like being an edgy 16 years old these days?

wew lad

it actually was resting m80 ;^)

>it actually was resting m80
Fair enough.

Nice spuds, did you par boil before saute?

i like dipping sauces

I wouldn't know

But you could come visit me and see for yourself, remember to bring some toys over for my doggo too

yessir, actually from advice in one of these threads

this was actually one of the better simple steak dinners ive done, finished it in the oven for a bit while i finished the sides\

youtube.com/watch?v=EdgjKvDo924

Looks good user (although I'm a med/rare man).

Quite a nice simple meal, something just makes we want to pour a pepper sauce over the lot but that's probably because I'm a Brit.

Its raw you massive nigger faggot

thx the pic doesnt accurately portray its doneness it was closer to medium it looks very rare in the pic, was a pretty fatty steak was good

lol none of those steaks look good is this a joke am i being pranked

im gonna need temp & time cooked

That steak is a good medium-rare, and your image is fucking retarded.

OP said his picture doesn't do it justice but the pic. as shown is NOT medium rare.

What would you call it? The hue is reddish-pink and you can see where the muscle fibers have cooked, instead of a solid gelatinous mass.

If you want raw, look at the center of medium-rare in that infographic. The center is completely raw while the outer is overcooked.

I would be inclined to call it 'rare to blue' but OP has already said the pictures don't look right.

The outside is not overcooked at all, it's caramelised and that's a good thing.

ilu kitchen cat.

Something, something, the matrix

There is a thick band of grey leather around the outside, I'm not talking about the surface. And OP's steak is nowhere near blue, which would imply it's so raw that it has kept it's purplish hue, and solid jello-looking texture.

this pizza reminds me of goatse

Would've tossed it into a 275 degree oven for 15 minutes after the pan sear, but that's just me...

And yes, I did not bother to read thhe caption.

Here's a pick of my cot for good measure.

You've been on Veeky Forums too long. Step away from the mouse...

>Heinz 57
My nigga. I thought I was the only one, this seems to be a Texan thing. Shit is tasty.

Is dogposting allowed? I don't have any pics of him with food but he sits at the back corner of my kitchen while I cook and sits next to me in my chair when I eat.

Cute doggo

i lik doggo & kots 2

No concern
o

c
o
n
c
e
r
n

But seriously, I have the same vac packager and I've vac sealed kief so tight it turned into slabs like Rosin/hash.

You can take out a little more air next time, Nice gift though!

oh fuck ya bud. Rail Yard Ghosts is my jam. You just get more beautiful every day OP

I have lurked in these threads forever op, in VA but similar taste in cooking, beers and cats. What finally got me to post was introducing me to "blackgrass" lol wtf is this music genre. Anywho thanks.

I'll tell you right now that they will definitely hold up longer than that and still taste good with zero freezer burn

Nah I'll tell the ATF to come for (you) and your doggo.

Look good OP. I'd eat it. Ignore the cu/ck/s that would rather eat dirt than correctly cooked meat.

ya I took a while getting the sear because i was trying not to smoke my apt out too much, then i put it in the oven at 350f for like 10 minutes, nice kitter

its decent, I really just like a selection of dippin sauces cuz im pleb like that

all Veeky Forums related pets welcome:)

i am already in love with this thing, I have been putting off buying good shit in bulk cuz freezer burn, Im bout to be stocked up

lol yes I like me some train hopping hobo kid music, good stuff

am looking forward to it

thx lol, Im really not picky about doneness as long as its no too rare or too well done

maybe 3 minutes a side then like 10 minutes in oven at 350

met a buddy at B52 Brewery in conroe TX today, its def worth the trip if the weathers nice its got a nice chill outdoor thing going on, and the beer is potent check it out Houstonfags, this was a nitro oatmeal stout over 9%

we got some chili cheese fries from a food truck at the brewery but they were like some gross shit from a parkinglot carnival, so here is a roast beef sandwich from last week

am deciding what to cook but something happening soonish

Early Thankgiving-lite since my family has stuff other than turkey et al. on that day.

time to teach this chicken a lesson

so ive got a cold or something, think it may be related to this sudden cold weather but eh, i want some cozy comfort food, just turned the heat on first time of the year

imma show this chicken who runs this fuckin chocolate factory real quick

What part of houston you from? I'm in Baytown, about 30 minutes east on I10

greenspoint

so making a spicy buttermilk marinade for this

E X A C T L Y
X
A
C
T
L
Y

>I've vac sealed kief so tight it turned into slabs like Rosin/hash
It's legal where I live, please elaborate on this. Like how does the kief not get sucked into the machine? Or are you talking about kief patties?

so my stove isnt working so i made chef boyardi fml

Yes square patties

At first i bunched it all up at the bottom of the bag then started pulling air out and kept the kief rolled slightly at the end (like in the shape of a burrito until the vacuum started pulling the bag tighter then eventually pulled it almost completely flat while I pressed on the keif

I cut it open 2 months later and it was like a slab of rosin, not moist at all but prefect for dabbing.

Oh look it's the OP who doesn't take a hint and post resized images everyone can view

>I cooked my pasta in chicken broth this time. It didn't make any noticeable difference in flavor.

Probably it was overshadowed by the sauce. Next time you make pasta with a less robust sauce (like just a simple olive oil one), try the broth again. I find that just dumping a small can of store-bought broth into the pasta water helps the flavor.

Looks good, by the way.

Some kind of malinois? That's a good looking dog

What sort of spices?
And what do you intend to create today?

throwing some dredge stuff together, making spicy fried chicken

i made baked crispy chicken wings last night. unbelievable.

wash/dry chicken
flour + SP + paprika + garlic salt + cayenne
400 for 45 minutes
flip chicken
450 for 20 minutes
broil till DONE

one of the best crispy/juicy ratios i've ever achieved with baking. you could mix these with double fried wings, and you could not tell which is which.

are you deep frying or baking?

never baked fried chicken im shallow frying

let these sit for 10 or so minutes

>>never
you should try it next time!

canola oil this time?

buttermilk?

OP, wanted to let you know threads like this are super fucking cozy, and although I haven't posted anything, I love reading through it and seeing your dinner being cooked.

Keep on keeping on.

Patti is such a good cade

srry had to run off ill dump the rest of pics

merica!

>/marked/

Those cats will be delicious.

Looks fucken yums as usual, OP

First attempt at donuts

Were pretty okay
Please excuse shit camera

Also i live in Australia, apparently.

steak looks good. am I the onl person who uses a meat tenderizer?They are great and the flavors spices etc get much more absorbed

10/10 would coat in powdered sugar and make a giant mess eating them

I use a tenderiser with gamier meats like venison.

fugg that looks tasty af op. Your a really good cook man, you should get a job doing.