In the 90's, Burger King was about as popular as McDonalds...

In the 90's, Burger King was about as popular as McDonalds, on television you would see Burger King commercials advertised just as much and their kid's meals advertised just as much for the Kids and Big Kids meals

You may remember some notable Burger King kid's meal promotions such as Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z

These days however, if you watch family or kid's channels on tv all you see is McDonald's advertising and you would never know about Burger King, you would never know these days what promotions Burger King has for their kid's meals and Big Kids' meals unless you actually went to the restaurant and saw, however you always are informed of McDonalds new promotions and everything seems to go to them

So what happened? I remember as a kid getting Burger King a lot, and the birthday parties with crowns handed out for you to wear

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=we1c4JJpSTo
youtube.com/watch?v=ODJb-iB8Ug8
youtube.com/watch?v=ULRKvBpPtDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

McD is for kids, BK is for cool adults.

Mcdonalds wastes money on advertising and therefore has jack up the prices of their products

BK just chills in the background saving billions of dollars and selling the product to smart people

Burger King just makes a shittier burger and the only way they stay relevant these days is through gimmicks such as Chicken Fries (GOAT to be fair) and Mac and Cheetos

I think Burger King makes a good burger the only issue with them is that often their food is luke warm

I like the flame broiled taste

they keep making shittier and shittier burgers as if no1 is gonna notice, so ppl go less and less, which has them unable to afford the commercials

A little movie called Suepr Size Me! came along, and fucked Happy Meal/ Kids Meals up for ever.

Ronald McDonalds started being viewed as a villain who wants to fatten up / kill people. Just go to JewTube and type up Ronald McDonald and youll see what I mean. There are more videos of killer Ronald than the happy 80s/90s clown we grew up with, and love.

Feminist, SJWs, and healthnut parents came down hard on fast food joints that "lured kids into their restaurants with toys. They aren't allowed to legally promote to children in some areas anymore. These fucks are still actively trying ban toys in kids meals. McDonalds has found a few way around it but BK has always been number 2. They can't get away with it.

Even Disney pulled out of the McDoalds happy meal sinking boat in 2005 and announced that they would not be renewing their contract with McDoalds because they now wish to use their characters to promote "healthier foods"

Disney had no problem Stuffing 80s/90s kids full of Happy meal food in order to push their newest movies but now that the law is coming down hard on McDonalds they act like they care about the kids. They knew how bad the food was back in the day yet had no problem with it as long as BK / mcD helped them plug their latest films.

i don't know if my country McD is extremely shitty or BK extremely good

BK is so much better than McD in my country

>OTEMEAL KING MEAL

BK (and other fast food places which offer kid meals) is being legally forced to make their kid meals healthier. This is why they let you chose milk instead of soda now. McDonalds also replaced the already reduced in size fries with apple slices. They used to have a caramel dip for the apple slices by they were also forced to stop offering it.

The worst part of it all is that all these healthier choices has also risen the price of Happy Meals. Back in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s a Happy Meal costs $1.99. Now they cost just as much as an adult combo meal. There are kids meals they are over $6 today.

Happy Meal Includes Kids French Fries, Side & Drink
Chicken McNuggets 4 Pc. $3.29
Hamburger $2.49
Cheeseburger $2.79

Chicken nuggets being more expensive makes absolutely no sense....you can get that nugget (4 peace nugget) on the dollar menu

BK is far superior to McD in every way. They cost me, but you get what you pay for.

>In the 90's, Burger King was about as popular as McDonalds
In the 80's, Burger King was nearly as popular as McDonalds

Fixed that for you user. They never were more popular, they were just seen as a viable competitor, equals in the mind of people, like just a preference, like coke vs pepsi, which burger did you like, grill marks, or bits of onion. But, McD's always had the better fries, and BK got in trouble for frying theirs in beef tallow for the vegan food police to catch on to (though McDs did as well, just sprayed it on).

BK's demographic above the age of 25 dissipated in the 90s, when Fast Casual took over the inexpensive but slightly splurgy price range for their market of better burgers that were larger than McDs. You can also blame a mass exodus on when they messed with the fry formula several times (like crapier every time), but at least they still had rings. But, gradually, with Five Guys, smashburger, and the 1000 other "burger chains" and mom n pops, it didn't mean you had to go sit down or to some horrible abomination like Red Robin or Johnny Rockets to get a more homemade-ish burger. They still rule in the no money, no taste under 18 categories, but their parents? Nope. And parents will do breakfast, however, which McD's always wins, and now they do Dunkin-like coffee, so yea.

The healthier conscious parents now eat healthier fast casual instead, whether PeiWei or Panera. True fast food where you don't have to exit your mini van and unbuckle seat belts, flip open strollers, etc, can be had at Starbucks, Panera, etc, so why would BK be the choice? It wouldn't.

in my country most of BK burgers are bigger than McD and the same price, or cheaper when using coupons

As a kid in the 90s I got to have fast food once a week every Friday, between McDonalds and Burger King I'd say it was about 50/50 percentag I'd have either, depending on who had the better toy promotion at that time

Of course I always knew because Burger King advertised these promotions on tv as much as McDonalds does, if you watch family or kids stations now you will never see BK ever, only McDonalds still advertises

aren't mcdoubles on the 2 for 2?

The burger king I ate at in the Bangkok airport had the 90's Bk logos on the boxes and the old burger king fries. It was pretty cool.

Burger King is bad, even by national fast food chain standards

Nobody likes the "flame broiled" aka burnt taste

McDonald's aren't the most flavourful but at least they don't burn their patties

>BK (and other fast food places which offer kid meals) is being legally forced to make their kid meals healthier.

Why is this a bad thing?

I think McDonald's herded all of its competition's kids meals into the Sept at some point and blew it up, leaving its Kid's Meal as the only viable one (i.e.: the only one with an actual toy). I get kids meals for my 4-year-old all the time and all of the "toys" from each place except for McDonalds has some lame book or stickers, or some other lame thing that can fit inside an envelope. The Burger King Kids Meal does include an Otis Spunkmeyer cookie in it, so that's a good consolation.

>A little movie called Suepr Size Me! came along
I remember when that movie came out and very soon after McD's put health info on their fries. Later, they put health info for everything on the menu.

But I was thinking...the average person who goes to McD's regularly...do any of them actually read that info? I certainly don't. If I wanted to eat healthy, I would not be going to McD's in the first place.

Lord of the Rings was best tie in promotion

Simple demographic targeting. McDonalds focuses on children and Burger King focuses on adults.
Each chain plays to their marketing specialty to differentiate themselves from the other. Its no grand conspiracy, just how two competing businesses have chosen to focus their marketing and maximize profits.

What country

I only go to those places for the latest novelty bullshit they're pushing. If I don't know what's going on, I'm less likely to go out of my way to find out

>Aztec Burger with Quezalcoatl Sauce
>MAGA Burger with no spices whatsoever on white bread
>Hallowe'en Tendies made from chicken feet

Any of that shit desu.

burger king is a whoreporate corpslutcracy.

the company is sold every two years from someone who bought it to rip it off, and sell it for a profit, to someone who will rip it off, and then sell it for a profit.

it hasn't had any actual leadership for over a decade now.

burger king literally exists just to exist at this point. the stores make more on average than they lose. that's all there is to it. nobody cares. it gets passed around. it's shit.

mcdonalds on the other hand has been family owned for almost a fucking century now and is continually improving under the guidance of people who are hellbent for leather to serve mcdonalds as if it were a nation to whom their excellence was owed.

that is why burgerking is a ghetto shithole of a restaurant and mcdonalds continues to march forward like a knight in shining armor.

I like the whopper Jr but every Burger King I've been to, the cashier is manned by an insufferable ghetto nigress sheboon or gross white cracker trash.

I also remember you filled out a form and got an envelope full of toys and stickers.

Same here in Germany, McD is slightly more consistent though.
They do have Mc Ribs all year though so that's something.

That's not the Pokemon promotion

Hue Land Brazil

What's your problem?

oooooohhhhh my dude

I have the pikachu one

Because in order for McDonads to offer those healthier choices they were forced to up the price of Happy Meals from $1.99 to around $6. What used to be a fun inexpensive treat for the kids now costs as much as an adult combo meal. In some cases (Depending on which Happy meal you chose) the cost of a simple kids meal is now more expensive than an adult combo meal do to McDonalds being forced to offer healthier, and more expensive substitutes. Having Disney pull out in 2005 hurt them as well. We will never see a Disney related Happy Meal again. Now that Star Wars belongs to Disney we will never see a Star Wars or Muppets Happy meal ever again.

In short if you're upper-middle class / rich you probably don't give a fuck about the price increase, but if you're middle to lower middle class Happy Meals have become un-affordable.
>Inb4 HA HA SUCKS TO BE A POORFAG!

>What used to be a fun inexpensive treat for the kids now costs as much as an adult combo meal.
>but if you're middle to lower middle class Happy Meals have become un-affordable.
You and I both know "affordable" actually meant "buy that shit every day to shut the kid up" for poor people.

Those Kid meal prices you listed do not apply to all states. Those meals are more expensive in some states like LA, and countries outside of the US. The last time I asked how much a simple Hamburger Happy meal was I was told $3.89, and thats the cheapest Kids meal they offer.

Speaking of Super Size Me, the Big Mac dude is from my hometown!

Not necessarily. If you know what it's like to be truly poor you would know that you wouldn't be able to afford to treating your kids once a week to a kids meal at those prices. At the very least you would have to think twice or five times about it.

Fun Fact: KFC used to be so good their catch phrase was "It's finger likin good" That was until Obama forced KFC to switched to Canola oil to make rich, progressive fags that kept bitching about KFC happy.

KFC held out, and didn't give a fuck about the healthfags until the fags got Obama involved. Obama threatened to help get KFC out of poor neighborhoods because he thought that it was mostly poor people who ate KFC
>Making it law to not allow poor neighborhoods to have fast food joints.

KFC finally gave in and switched oils. Now it taste like a ghost of it's former finger linking good self.

Obama fucked up KFC's shit.

>waah parents have more choices
>boo hoo Disney made a business decision
>sob sob sob KFC isn't allowed to fry chicken in a carcinogen anymore

If poor people REALLY loved their children, they'd feed them healthy foods so they won't come down with disease they can't afford to treat.

>the 2 for $2
Please don't make me laugh. The "2 for $2" started at the beginning of the year, BUT only lasted for 3 months before it got replaced with the pricier 2 for $3.

The 2 for $3 eventually got replaced by the 2 for $5.

The only reason McDoalds made such a big deal about the 2 for $2 which only lasted 3 months was to try to trick poor people into thinking that they had finally found a relatively cheap replacement / substitute for the defunct $1 menu.

I guess their marketing worked because people like you still believe that they still offer a 2 for $2 almost a year after they discontinued it.

Obama (like most past presidents) never gave a fuck about the health of poor people. Not enough to step in and twist the arms of companies to make things healthier any ways. The only reason Obama finally gave a fuck about the health of poor people was because of his Obama care system. The more sick poor people get the more Rich people have to dip into their savings to cover the cost. I see why you are gloating tho.

>Feminist, SJWs
>he thinks those things existed when Super Size Me got popular

how young are you?

Why? True that their burgers and fries used to be greasier, and there for tastier before the early 2000s, but it's still kinda ok

I really do miss the days where BK food was so greasy that their bags were visibly greasy as well. Grease on the bag was always the sign of a tasty fast food establishment.

Feminists, and SJWs date back to the late 60s, kiddo.

obamacare didn't do much but give the bottom feeders free or heavily subsidized healthcare. whereas before they would just go to the hospital and not pay they will now have insurance coverage while for everyone who isn't a leech the rates rise.

if you think that the only ones that pay for the leeches are rich then you are delusional. the premiums keep rising for anyone that has a legitimate job, i.e. isn't a minimum wage part time worker. the deductibles are also shit. the whole bill is trash and didn't really help anyone but insurance companies who get to rake in more money, and the hospitals that now get paid for servicing the trash.

what kind of fucked up relationship did you have with fast food as a child?

I hate to say truth, but Truth.
Ordered a burger at BK last week. The thing was black as night, and tasted like a burnt nightmare. I took it back, and the sassy black managers grabbed the bag so fast from my hand to throw it in the garbage that she almost scratched me with her long nails. She failed to give all my money back. When I asked why she said "Because Soda". I told her I was returning the soda as well. She gave me a disgusted facial expression, and got so mad that her fat sassy black face started to tremble in anger. She gave me all my money back, but not before saying something under her breath kind of loudly. When I asked her what she said she replied "noffin ...NEXT IN LIIIIIINE!"

Remember when Burger King got sued by Slipknot because of their fake Chicken Fries promoting band called Coq Roq?

Also, to me I love BK as I enjoy the flame broiled taste and cool salad combination of The Whopper

McDoands land was a magical place, and I believed in it until healthfags killed Ronald, and the magic with their non-stop bitching.

I still love you Ronald. You are not forgotten. You are not the trash modernfags say you are. You are still loved.
One day things will be fixed. God have mercy on them. God have mercy on me.

youtube.com/watch?v=we1c4JJpSTo

youtube.com/watch?v=ODJb-iB8Ug8

youtube.com/watch?v=ULRKvBpPtDw

This

Obama you are drunk and about to get kicked out of the white house go away:^)

Super Size me is a shitty video because that guy intentionally ate well over his calorie limit, and intentionally didnt exercise.

MCdonalds has disney toys all the time you autist
You can eat healthy at mcdonalds if you know what to eat.

>MCdonalds has disney toys all the time you autist

No they don't retard. Look it up on google if you feel so sure of yourself.

Did you enjoy that Frozen , Tangled, Star Wars Force Awakens, or Finding Dory Happy Meal?
Oh thats right you didn't because McDonalds hasn't put out a Disney related Happy Meal since last 2006

Prove more wrong you dirty son of a bitch. I dare you! Post a Happy Meal with a Disney show, or film post 2007. I'm calling you out you ignorant fool!

I stil kinda wanna know what those Mozzarella Sticks taste like but there was no way I was spending $1 on just 3 sticks.

Okay I understand disney wanting to promote "healthier" options, but why do the toys have to suffer? Like what kinda bullshit is this?

>trying to ban toys in happy meals

How evil does one have to be?

I don't see the problem here. It's crap food and crap toys.

Why not take your kid for a real meal, and then get a nice toy separately? Why put up with crap food and crap toys?

$1 seems like a terribly low price to satisfy one's curiosity.

You're the scum of the earth.

Because I'm advocating better food and better toys? You make no sense.

>he thinks modern libfems are the only feminists in history

Only minorities and white trash prefer BK.

Wrong.

A Happy Meal is something that can be had once a week, and features a free toy. Not an amazing toy, but a free, often serviceble toy

A child should not be given a good toy every week....this creates a child who does not love their toys and treats them poor. Children appreciate their toys when they only get good toys once in a while , and they will be good to their Happy Meal toys because they mean something to them as any toy will increase your army

Brazil jungle monkey here.Can confirm Bk is way better than McD here by a mile.

I remember when they came up with happy meals 2.0
Wich where happy meals with twice the food and fun activities, they even came with cheap Chinese videogames and later on with cellphone game codes
And now they have apples instead of fries and a tiny yogurth
Well done big brother, kids no longer fun around and have fun for a couple hours in a play area and then have a tiny burger with soda and fries now they lock themselves in their rooms to watch pedwiepie all day while their parents fight and hit each other
Last couple McDonalds I have been to cancelled the play area and had a sign that read open on birthdays

SEA monkey here. BK > McDs in both Singapore and Hong Kong in terms of quality, but McDs has its 24 hour McDelivery.

Why is Mcd's so expensive in south east asia? My double cheeseburger meal was like 8 bucks in thailand. Shit was outrageous, that meal costs almost half the price of a blowjob in thailand.

McD's outside of America sources from different places, is subject to different regulations, and has a different target audience.

People treat fast food restaurants in SEA as classy places. Look at Japan.

>Feminist, SJWs
Why do people keep mixing these up with conservative soccer moms?

I guess that's true about them seeing it as classy. I took a hooker out to eat overthere after we were done, We went to Mcd's and she looked at me like "whoa Mr. moneybags".

Most people don't go to fast food places to satisfy their curiosity. They go to fast food places because they're hungry, and low on cash.

Beef is stupidly expensive there.

Because they are all viewed as evil in the eyes of many. Sometimes theres just so much evil in the world that people start lumping it all together.

Thats the part that really kills me. When Frozen, and The Muppet movies came out all Subway had to offer where crappy cheap bags, and I think maybe a sticker. Even Taco Bell, Wendy's and Denny's have put out better kid meal toys in the 90s.

i rarely go to mcdonald's anymore. honestly locally i either end up at Wendy's or BK. if i go out of town, i look for a Sonic.

I wish i would have eaten at sonic sooner but there arent any around where i live, so i dont get it often.

>Smart people
>Buying burger King
Pick one

>Chicken Fries
>GOAT
OG Tenders were way better. Chicken Fries are a sad imitation, a shell of what once was.

I miss those tendies so much. The last non hospital meal I ate with my mother before she died was a 10 pc from bk.

Mac Tonight tells me the opposite

I was from the era of the logo in between the burger buns. Occasionally god a kids club meal from there when I was a kid, but probably still got nugs from McD's more often.

>any fast food
>smart people
I mean hey I eat it sometimes when I'm traveling but you may need to check yourself lad.

The same people who watch documentaries about fastfood are the ones who would use that nutritional information to work fast food into their diets.

>Poorfags complaining.

Just because you inb4 it doesn't mean you are any less of a failure in life if you can't even afford McD. Reminder that your parents regret you, and that you will never amount to anything in life, and income equality will just grow - like it should, because all you poorfags are whiny incompetent idiots.

I've never seen such a bitter reply to obvious bait in my life. You might also wanna turn off that projector of yours before it overheats.

>spending almost 20 dollars on ff

>not breeding kids into a cultural epidemic of obesity and heart disease is somehow a bad thing
fuck off redneck. kids should be raised healthy then given the choice to become fat greasy autists like you. not forced into it.

bc in the eyes of those people, youre either a redneck white power gun nut like them or youre the enemy. trump and all the red pill neckbeards are convinced that bc they no longer have women dependent on their paychecks therefore forced to interact with their fatasses that muh sjw is to blame. not enslaving women and minorities into their pig culture is somehow an attack on them.

I've actually noticed that while they aren't necessarily all over the place like McDonald's, their quality has improved in a lot of places.

The same goes for Arby's and other fast food joints that are looking to modernize in terms of presentation. McD's doesn't have to do that, they sell so much in terms of volume that they could literally sell crap in a wrapper and people would still buy it

>1990 kids meal was $2
>inflation doesnt exist
>prices should be the same 30 years later
>$6
they are $2.50-$4.00 poorcuck

>trying to frame happy meals as an attack on the poor by muh feminiazi
back to (((pol)))

Those things were great.

First off a dollar for 3 mozzarella sticks is a good deal, mozzarella sticks are usually expensive. These were actually pretty good but they left a strange aftertaste in your mouth that tasted nothing like the food itself.

>Johnny Rockets
>bad
kill yourself.
its not by far the best burger but theres nothing wrong with burgerville and johnnys, "blast from the past" style interior. It's not like every store and burger place has adopted that interior and stepping into it for a while is part of the fun, even if you could say it's garish it's what was once hip, its going to eat decent food with the feeling you get from a museum salted in.

I read it, no reason not to, people who don't look on the back of labels of their food for nutrition and ingredient information are idiots.

while that woman is a bitch, having worked fast food I can very well tell you she probably had every reason to be that mad. Corporate standards are impossible to keep up with in a fast food franchise with a drive through, and the employees will always hate the customers to some extent becuase Allmost every number we can't hit is your fault; ordering too much in the drive through when management gives us 50 seconds or there abouts to finish your order no matter the cost is the biggest one, and every problem flows from it; worse service from more shoddily cooked food, because gaurenteed your annoying complaining ass is the lesser of two evils. People will riot if it gets any slower to produce the product fatties order these days. If you don't want to gamble, don't go to these places when they are busy, no matter if you are the customer and think you deserve what you pay for, the management of these franchises do not leave their employees with the tools and man power to produce the consistent quality you expect during peek hours. They literally can't fix it without breaking several other things to make room for your satisfaction and they will act rude and hope you are offended so that you never come back to bother them again.

I have worked restaurants and fast paced kitchens since I was 14. fast food franchises are an incomparable disaster to anything that goes on in the back of a restaurant except for cleanliness. and most of the cleanliness of fast food comes from the fact that we rarely make anything, we just reheat and unpack food.

>intentionally
yes, he intentionally did that because most people do that. He was emulating the life style of todays people. just like the super sizers do the same thing through different eras. that movie wasn't garbage, it did everything right, it just was not scientific. It wasnt there to lambast mcdonalds, it was lambasting both us and them. they know that we will say yes to all their upsale garbage and super sizes. People as a habit order way to much food than they would ordinarily eat because of that, But its up to movies like that to communicate to people that they have to make healthy choices and can't be suckered in by their advertising if they want to stay healthy.

>never to twist the arms of the buisnesses
what kind of autism bux are you running on that you think the president can just do whatever he wants? he has backers and people who support his actions and if he pisses any one of them off by being too anti corporate what do you think they are going to do to the shit he actually wants to accomplish? just look at how awful health care is under the system he had to get nuetered by republicucks, that shit wouldn't have survived if people where also angry at him for fucking with their investments in huge corps.

>Samefagging this hard
Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

>it did everything right, it just was not scientific
Pick one.

>> it was lambasting both us and them
While I agree with you, the problem was that this wasn't obvious to most viewers. Many people took it to be a criticism of McDonald's specifically. It did not get the point across to many if not most viewers that the real issue here is people's ordering/eating habits.