Ever eat gator?

Ever eat gator?

I've had it as sausage and as chunks of tail meat. It's not bad, but I don't really see it as more than a novelty. Maybe I'd have a different opinion if I lived in a place where there were a lot of alligator farms and it was cheap and fresh.

Is it commonly eaten in Florida or something?

No, but I've eaten crocodile. Tastes like chicken.

I wouldn't say common, but yeah. People in florida eat gator

It's generally served lightly fried with spicy thousand island dressing as an appetizer in most coastal Florida restaurants. Though fried gator tastes very similar to chicken.

I had it fried last time I was in florida, really thought it was disgusting but it might've just been the restaurant in general

Yea it was

Yeah, it was like someone crossed the texture of frog legs and toughened up crab with the flavor of chicken and white fish.

It is slightly chewy and a bit odd for someone who has never really eaten it. Then again it is usually fried in small strips and I cooked it like a fish steak.

YES. I CALL IT THE CHICKEN OF THE RIVER.

last time i had it was at the fair

it was breaded with frosted flakes and deep fried on a stick

>breetyttttytyty gud

I've had burgers once, cooked them for me and my little cousin. Tasted a bit like onion fish burger.
7.2/10

Gator is delicious. I soak it overnight in a cherry juice brine, then smoke it over applewood. You can season it like chicken or seafood, because it's got a taste similar to both.

Fuck off

Fucking fuck off

>I've had it as sausage and as chunks of tail meat
All of this. It's simply a novelty. Since only the tail meat is good, it's also a wasteful practice unless we're salvaging gator skins for a shoe and purse industry.

It tastes like fishy chicken, which is why most people go for sausage that is cajun seasoned, or only the "whiter" tail meat, and even then, it's served small in tidbits, usually a kebob with some heavy use of marinade and grill marks, or deep fried.

You know, there isn't one single reptile that people ooh and ahh about being utterly delicious, not rattlesnake, not gator, none of it. It's simply a novelty. By all means go have some when you see it on the menu, with plenty of beer alongside of it, and see if you actually order it again, or simply get the wings next time :P

What a fuckin' faggot. Doom shirt, 70s cop mustache, and "I'm a 14 year old skater" hair

Clearly an autistic person but that was already known

Yeah, tasted OK, a bit like slightly chewy fishy chicken.
I had it in Thailand with a the hottest black pepper sauce ever,.. The sauce spoiled the taste, desu, I'd have it again though.

I didn't even know they had gators in Thailand

Fuck off, no one wants you