What is the best coffee and why is it the Americano?

What is the best coffee and why is it the Americano?

Americano is not a coffee. It is a way of preparing espresso.

One could argue best coffee is according g to source. I don't like South American coffees, for instance, because they are acidic.

>literally watered down espresso
>good
god i usually have no problem accepting other tastes, but this is just dumb and has nothing to do with taste

>people working at coffee shops that don't know the difference between an Americano and Brewed Coffee

>"hi can I have a brewed coffee please?"
>"oh like an Americano?"
>"y-yeah sure"
>makes me a brewed coffee

>Americano is not a coffee. It is a way of preparing espresso.
Americans going to europe (rumor is that soldiers during war times wnated it, but who knows) couldn't get drip coffee at a restaurant that only had an amazing espresso machine. People who wanted a black coffee but not the intensity of espresso were humored with a fix, to thin it with hot water. I suppose it would be as good as you think french press would be, but the temps are different, and the amount of coffee used in a single espresso vs the full cup of drip differs. If you knew what you liked, you could likely make it to your specifications of perfection. But it's not ideal in any way.

People who order it today? I have no explanation why they wouldn't get an espresso with the amazing crema on top, oh man, and if they needed their drip coffee w/cream for something mild, a latte or cappuccino unless they're dairy intolerant and have some aversion to foam, Foam aversion might need therapy. WTF flat white nonsense.

It's the worst possible way to prepare coffee.

What is so difficult to understand?

You're the worst

As long as its not a watered down Americano and its 100% Arabica, I'm happy.

Clearly it's an expresso faggit

>expresso

Best coffee. Quickly! Give me an expresso!

I just go for a vanilla latte, or a seasonal one such as Baileys or whatever.

>buy Blue Mountain once from Costco
>they never restock it ever again
just end my suffering.

black with a shot of espresso

I like ethiopian coffee best.

The Xzibit of coffees.

What does that even mean? When you say black I imagine 1 shot of espresso.

black coffee is not espresso

flat white is the best. nothing pairs with and pairs with the complex, rich, and sweet taste of a good double ristretto than a moderate amount of velvetely steamed milk. the texture of the microfoam is perfect carrier for the flavor of the espresso

Are we talking about just the plain coffee that comes out of pic related?

It's called a depth charge.

red eye

For me it is espresso. And I can accept some other answers but not fucking americano.

sort of

more talking about plain coffee that does not come out of pic related

> I don't like South American coffees, for instance, because they are acidic
All coffee is acidic you dickhead. Part of what makes coffee taste good is the acid.

You do realize that flat whites are just cappuccinos and that no one making decent coffee is going to serve a ristretto espresso, right?

Anyone else roasting beans at home with a popcorn popper because you don't drink enough to finish a bag of roasted beans before they're stale?

I like the taste of coffee, but I don't like how it makes me tired. wat do?

But that's how it's spelled in Italia?

If coffee makes you tired there's something wrong with you

Do you actually drink coffee, or what?

Why would you fly off the handle like that? Couldn't you infer that he meant South American coffee's are more acidic than others?

Gee wiz, kiddo

If you drank coffee, you would know that a Sumatran coffee doesn't taste nearly as sour as one from Costa Rica.

You mean Russiano.

Isn't americano just a regular coffee with more water in it?

When did the "no sugar" meme start?
That caused it to appear and how did it spread?

double shot long black

espresso

iced coffee (with milk)

all with sugar, fuck flat whites and fuck no sugar

For me it's bustelo, the best coffee.

Ristretto if I'm in a rush, or Espresso con Panna if I feel like a queen.

>All coffee is acidic you dickhead.

That's what you get for drinking coffee with milk. Kills off all your taste buds and makes you mentally retarded

This thread is a trainwreck.

>t. Barista

don't church it up boy, you're a coffee monkey.

Yeah I know it's not a great job. Co-workers and managers are great, and I enjoy it though, which is kinda the most you can want from a job.

this is true

>which is kinda the most you can want from a job.
>what is money

studies have shown money plays a very small role in job satisfaction

a miserable, high paying job, is still miserable

Studies have shown money plays a big role in life satisfaction.
Living on minimum wage stops being charming when you realize all good things in life cost money.

>Studies have shown money plays a big role in life satisfaction.

Quite the opposite, actually.

That's what the corporations want you to believe

While i'm no goddamn hippy and like that fagboi on TV with the meme show said "anyone who said money can't buy happiness never had a waverunner", statistically speaking, no: happiness is based on a variety of factors removed from money, many of which money has no influence on.

Case in Point: Pic Related

As long as your salary covers your expenses unless you're a special kind of retard you'll always prefer the job that suits you more even if it pays less.

we're talking about the difference between minimum wage and a normal job, not getting rich memes.
Barely having enough money to cover expenses grinds a person down, prevents them getting a stable economy or saving up surplus, while forcing them to give up most of their time to a supervisor.
Like I said, it might be charming for a while but when barista boy is a few years down the road, realizing he wasted those years when he could have saved up money for travel/starting his own business/buying a house/realizing some lifelong dream, then he will grow bitter and start hating his life. And it's not like being a barista has qualified him to do anything else. Stuck boy is stuck.
Temporary satisfaction should never trump a longterm one.

a barista isn't making minimum wage
its enough for a single person to live on
the money becomes short if you are feeding a wife and kids, or paying for parents health issues

a bachelor can live comfortably on 4 hours per day wage

R O B U S T A

F I L T E R E D

with an extra scoop for the machine

>a barista isn't making minimum wage
When I worked as a barista I made $8 an hour.

1. I'm paid above minimum wage
2. I live with parents so I have few expenses (I'm 21)
3. I'm currently saving to travel Western Europe and study a master's degree (I have a first class bachelor's)

Tell me more about my life, since you seem to be omniscient

>a first class bachelor's
wtf is this

You don't need a doctorate to understand degree classification, friend

Try using this:

Google.com

a bachelor is a bachelor. it's not put in classes. it is not a horse.

>it's not put in classes

In the British system it is.

Please tell me it's a meme

It's not a meme. You just have little experience of other cultures, so you are shocked when things are slightly different to your own.

>b-but muh murrica

>brits put everything in a class system
I wish this was only a stereotype, but the more I learn about britain the more I realize it is a society more stratified than India. Disgusting. No wonder they have a cancerous 'working class'.

as an american who loves espresso and has ordered americanos abroad: the answer to why you'd want it is really to have something to sip on. espresso just goes to quick, but an americano allows you to hang on to that warm drink a little while longer without all the extra creme/milk/w/e

Has anyone here tried Death Wish coffee? Is it just over-exaggerated nonsense or is it actually decent?

the class system of university degree has nothing to do with actual class.

There's first class, upper second class, and lower second class, which are basically A, B and C respectively.

You're pretty dumb to not understand this.

>You're pretty dumb to not understand this.
Oh I do understand it, I just don't respect it. It's fucking sad.

>the class system of university degree has nothing to do with actual class.

Spoken like a true noble upset that all these commoners can get a noblemans education now

You even call half your government the House of Commons and still have a Queen, whose royal family supposedly has "no power" and exists just to generate tourist dollars, but your media still hangs on her every fart

I'm from a black working class family. The furthest from a "true noble" I could be

Get out you oily Turk/Greek