American South bragging thread

These are the best doughnuts

That is an objective fact

have a reply my man

Agreed. Krispy Kreme are the bomb. Anyone who says Dunkin' Donuts is better, either has never had a hot Krispy Kreme before, or they live in New England and are just shilling for it (Dunkin' is HQ'd in Quincy, Mass.).

Lamar's Donuts of Kansas City is without question the superior donut. Krispy Kreme is minor league in comparison.

you can get krispy kremes literally anywhere int he country and they're mediocre, I prefer Duck Donuts which is actually a localized donut chain you retarded fuck

Lol Krispy Kreme a shit

>Dude omg krispy kreme!!
>Have some
>It's ok
>JESUS FUCK CHICK-FIL-A
>Have some
>It's ok

I fucking hate this, I want something to blow my mind like everyone else.

we have those in england.

overrated.

Only donuts I like.

Krispy Kreme failed in New England. Stores popped up in the early 2000's but have been gone for about 10 years now.

Dunkin' Donuts is very hit or miss there is much inconsistency between locations. That applies to food items, bakery goods, even a simple black coffee are made with seemingly different standards or deviance from the proper recipes.

Independent or small franchise stores will most of the time out class competition in terms of a quality product. Customer loyalty is too important for the small guys to cut corners.

Two favorite spots strictly for coffee and donuts north of Boston are Kane's in Saugus and Ziggy's in Salem.

good local place > krispy kremes > bad local place > dunkin

I'm not a fan, and they are sold here in Oregon. If you're gonna brag about the American south, the home of likely the best and definitely the most uniquely American food culture, you could definitely do better than fucking chain doughnuts.

no one here gives a shit about your local doughnut shop
this is accurate

You can get better donuts than any chain at pretty much every fucking super market

local doughnut shop near me fries a cinnamon bun and ices it. its fucking terrible for you but god damn do they go all out when they make a treat.

They started in KC but they're in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska now. And btw, fuck off, douche.

HOLE-IN-ONE DONUTS IN HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY FLORIDA. IT BLOWS KRIPSY KREMES O-RING INTO PROLAPSED STATUS.

>fries a cinnamon bun
Why didn't I think of that. Cinnamon buns would make a perfect donut if you can keep them from unraveling

757?

Wow you live near me. My condolences.

Krispy Kreme made a big push in the northeast a while back, I guess that was a huge failure. The donuts are good but I don't really even like donuts.

INDEED. TAMPA SUCKS FOR THE MOST PART.

Reminder that he boxed shit you get in a super market is not the Krispy Kreme that I'm referring to in the OP.

I remember in the upper midwest everyone making a big fucking deal about them in the mid 00s I think it was, but same thing, no one gives a shit anymore. Not sure why anyone would ever go to a chain when local bakeries are so common and grocery store bakeries are more likely to be good than chains

>you can get krispy creme anywhere
prove it. Get a hot doughnut off the line ANYWHERE in the country. Yes, there is a huge difference between a boxed up cold one, and a fresh hot one. They are the fucking bomb digitty, period. Dunkin Dounuts is trash.

Publix donuts are actually fucking great. Everytime I get a 6 pack of them they last a day or two.

Publix is pretty based for an affordable grocery store. I like their subs too. Also the fried chicken.

No one said anything about Dunkin Donuts retard

is there any better donut shops than voodoo memenuts in oregon? their stuff is alright but every time I've gone there's a stupid line

Dunkin Donuts was pretty solid even 10 years ago

it's straight up garbage now, even their coffee sucks

>Tampa sucks
Fuck off, you loud cunt.

>not HEB brand bakery fresh doughnuts.

krispy kreme were a meme and I assumed when it imploded they all died, apparently not
sucks isn't the right word, but they are pretty shitty and the country being enamored with them fueled my "everyone is a pleb but me" hypothesis

>hypothesis

It's been put to the test and never failed yet, it's a working theory now

Fuckin hipster faggot.

Triggered as fuark.

Florida is a shit type state.

You have your immigrants, drugs, and high crime in the southern region, rednecks and country nigger in the panhandle, and the Golden Girls in central Florida.

Face it, your state is shit, you's a shit.

From NY and this is a fact.

Krispy Kreme are aweful, overly sweet garbage. Yeast donut should have a slight sour tang to it. Yeast donut is best donut but KK yeast donut is aweful.

On the very rare occasion my family gets donuts, we get them from this little old korean family that bakes them fresh in the morning at closes at like 10, 11 am

T. Southerner

Actually, Florida is essentially Jew York south without the culture.

my local donut shop is pure shit

>deep fried dough with sugar
>"food"

Lol Americans

Thread inspired me to go a Krispie Kreme donut shop.

Not freshly made, though.

We have this place called daylight donuts (I think it's a chain) and it shits on Krispy Kreme
t. Texas

just got some big y donuts today from a location that seems to make them better than anywhere else

these things are so soft and delicious I could eat at least 6 of them as a snack

At least I'm not a pussy faggot.

hell yea

Little shit town in Alaska called Soldotna... There you will find "The Moose is Loose"... Best donuts I've ever had... 2nd best would have to be this little place in Pike Place market in Seattle that makes little mini donuts on the spot on order... 3rd would be VooDoo donuts in Portland (thought they were meme, but actually really gewd).

>tfw live near Gibsons

Aww yis.

Best donut chain coming through. The only one I've seen is in my hometown, but there are quite a few of them out there. A lot are in Asia apparently. Anyone else ever had these?

>Duck Donuts
>localized
you consider new york to south carolina "localized"?

witnessed

THIS user IS CORRECT AND HE DIDNT EVEN MENTION THE FUCKING ATROCIOUS WEATHER HERE. SURE WINTERS ARE GREAT BUT TOO BAD STEPPING OUTSIDE DURING THE OTHER NINE MONTHS OF THE YEAR TURN YOUR BALLS INTO A SWAMP ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. THE ONLY TWO GOOD THINGS ABOUT TAMPA ARE THE CUBANS (SANDWICHES NOT THE PEOPLE) AND THE STRIP CLUBS. EVERYTHING ELSE IS FUCKING GARBAGE.

Krispy kreme donuts are basically faggot the taste though, if you unironically cannot understand this I can't help ya sally

Blue Star is bretty gud, but usually run out pretty early in the day

>doughnuts

Fuck this redundant hipster spelling. It's DONUTS.

Oklahoma too. Fun fact, every store has an item that is special to them, my store has a sour cream doughnut that you would strangle your own mother for. They only make them on wednesday, and sell out within an hour of opening. If I make it in time I buy out the entire supply.

>Yes, there is a huge difference between a boxed up cold one, and a fresh hot one
Not anything 10 seconds in the microwave can't fix.

Anyway beignets > regular doughnuts

And I'm not some Louisiana swamp nigger.

That's nobody's fault but your own for not controlling your expectations.

You're an idiot, Brian.

This man right here is correct. Get out of here with that Krispy Kreme garbage.

I've had donuts from boutique places I'd personally call better, but (fresh) Krispy Kreme certainly beats the shit out of any other chain.

Wtf mary lee

I moved up north i miss those doughnuts so much. Crispy cram is over rated.

White people eat this stuff the most idk how swamp nigger comes into it you faggot. Beingets in the french quarter of new orleans are the shit.

>unironically enjoying donuts
You diabetic fucks.

Do people ironically enjoy doughnuts? How is it done?

You sound fun to be around.

They do in Portland I bet.

>krispy kreme
>donuts aren't crispy
>donuts aren't creamy
more appropriate name would be "chewy film on the roof of your mouth"

That bullshit you can buy in the grocery store are worse than Dunkin Donuts

Hot Krispy Kreme is the best period

>didn't have it fresh

Ayy, I went to that pike shop about two years back with the SO. They couldn't take change so they gave us them for free, but the catch was we had to do a good deed for someone else in return. Real nice people. Also, on that note, what the fuck is everybody talking about southern hospitality for? It doesn't fuckin' exist. I've met some of the nicest people I know up north.

tru. this is the correct answer

>southern hospitality

It comes out of the barrel of muh gun nowadays.

>never enjoying any type of pastry ever

I've had better donuts at various local places around the country, but man, no chains compare and Krispy Kreme hot and fresh is incredible. I lived in North Carolina where they started and a few of the times I got them, they were incredible. I used to pass the factory that made the bulk of them for the southeast pretty regularly.

tldr Krispy Kreme from the actual store hot and fresh are on another teir compared to what you get in the store or elsewhere, especially in the city they were created.

Fuck yeah.

only if you get the original fresh off the line.

Tampa does fucking suck. This guy is making me miss my native land and shitposting on cocaine though.

Southern hospitality isn't southern people being nice. It's a set of small town cultural expectations that obligates them to invite you in, make you dinner, and chat over coffee when they would rather drink bleach than interact with you.

>Lamar
>letting a nigger touch your food
>visiting nigger owned establishments

Ray Lamar, the founder, was white, you moronic bigot. It's now a national corporation. If I refused to eat in an establishment that hired blacks, I wouldn't be eating out.

fuggg

Voodoo Donuts in Denver or Portland
somewhat of a meme establishment, but they make the best donuts I've ever tasted

I satyed a few blocks away from them when I was in Denver. Was tired of being surrounded by hipsters, degenerates, and niggers to say there long enough to try them.

Krispy Kreme is shit. Yes, I've had them hot, they are a somewhat more acceptable, but still shit. They like double glaze them, making them too sweet. Thay are also too airy. KK is shit.

tbqh nothing beats those freshly made gypsy scumfair doughnuts we get in the UK that are dumped on with sugar after being deep fried to oblivion in oil older than my grandmother then eating piping hot on a cold November eve after a session of ale at the local before going to enjoy some fireworks and a massive bonfire

overrated as fuck

The one in Arizona is right by my house. They're the best I've had, second to that is the bosa on indian school.

Fuck your donuts, pulled pork is where it's at

Dunkin tastes like absolute shit. its basically dry cake in donut shapes. those New England fucks better watch their step.

Sugar Shack masterrace, faggots

I don't know who the purveyor is, but the glazed donuts you get from the coffee trucks in the morning in manhattan are the best. I had a serious problem with them for a while because one used to park in front of my apartment since there was school next door

no good local donut joints anywhere near me but when i have the diabetic cravings, id definitely take KK anyday over dunkin. i know for a fact dunkin donuts bakes their shit in one giant batch at the start of the day and leaves them out for the rest of the day. everytime ive had their doughnuts, they're super stale, cakey, and bland. gives a bad fucking name to donuts

For me it is the Krispy Kreme. The best chain doughnut.

711 has the best dog nuts

At the risk of sounding like a weeb looking for an echo chamber, an donuts are the best kind of donuts.

I can get those in upstate ny. Had some last time I went to Florida. Theyre okay I guess