What type of roasting pan is needed? Is tri ply necessary for this?

What type of roasting pan is needed? Is tri ply necessary for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

thesweethome.com/reviews/best-roasting-pan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FOR WHAT?

thesweethome.com/reviews/best-roasting-pan/

For a roasting pan. I thought maybe I don't need to spend the extra money bevause it's just a roasting pan. But now I'm thinking, I am using it to cook my food like all my other cookware, so this is no different.

I really don't want to make another big purchase if I don't neeed to though. I just bought a very nice Victorinox cleaver.

I rarely used my roasting pan. I usually use my huge cast iron braiser.

Oh gosh, I was hoping to be wrong this time. Probably going to have to buy this on amazon now.

How the hell is this helpful to me?

Roasting pans are a waste of money?

Ok, fair enough.

I agree. There's no need for a roasting pan when you have a large dutch oven. I roast everything in mine and it works just as well. The roasting pan would just be another dust gathering piece of clutter.

Op here, what about all those times your stew is cooking and you want to roast potaoes to go with it?

A cookie sheet or if whole, directly on the oven rack.

That way of thinking defeats the ehole thread. If I didn't care what I cook on I would get the cheapest roaster.

If you knew how to cook/roast then you'd know why cast iron/baking sheets are the way to go.

>that way of thinking saves me money and kitchen space, dumbass.

That's fine, but please fuck off.

Are you an american female having a hormonal splurge compelling you to go buy, buy, buy when several anons have explained to you why it's an entirely unnecessary purchase?

No, I'm an English man who doesn't like spending money. But knows what a one off worth while purchase is.

Should I roast everything in my saucepan instead because you don't think it's necessary for me to buy a roasting pan?

Will what you are roasting fit in the saucepan? I mean, it's better to roast in low sided vessels; especially if you have a convection oven, but you can roast in anything.

I know I can roast in anything. However once again that is not the point of this thread (screaming and crying).

Oh I see. so is correct.

In that case I recommend pic related. It will decorate your kitchen nicely. I love the copper shine. It should set you back 350.00

You're just trying to grind my gears.

You know there aren't just two extremes, someone who fries stuff on baking sheets, or their cookware that isn't suitable, and a person who wants to splure on unnescessary things.

I've seen that rediculously prices roaster. If I were rich id buy it, no matter what you think of me. I bet it's wonderful.

kek

Sorry that you got a bunch of autists OP, but that seems to be all this board is now.

However a roasting tin is somewhat limited. I can't think of many situations where I'd use a roasting tin instead of a cast iron Dutch oven - and basically all of those situations come down to stuff that's too big for the Dutch oven.

>complains about "autists." The "autists" have been saying the exact same thing and giving the exact same advice, albeit with a bit more whimsy.

Huh?

OP, get whatever cook's illustrated recommends.

I don't have a dutch over. Ironicaly I've never seen it as something essential that I can't cook a certain dish I want to without.

If I did have one I'd need something with a larger serfice area for a lot of things I cool anyway.

For years and years (until I got my rotisserie for my grill hnnng ), I always used one of those cheap enameled roasting pans, and it always worked beautifully. Tender, juicy, golden brown turkey every time. Your cooking techniques are more important than what kind of roaster you buy.

You're straying dangeriously close to autistic REEEEEEE unitool faggotry

>use $3 disposable roasting pan from grocery store
>works every time
>for $3
>every time

Back to /b/ please.

Decent roasting pans are expensive; there’s no two ways about it. Just like with skillets, the best roasting pans are made with layered metals — stainless steel sandwiched with an aluminum core. When choosing a roasting pan, I look for one that I can use directly on a burner on the stovetop as well as in the oven, something with comfortable handles, and something that is thick enough that it won’t warp under the heat of the oven or the weight of a turkey. My Calphalon pan is large and sturdy, and it has a nice U-shaped rack for holding large roasts. It’s about $140, and I use it about twice a year, when I cook big roasts on holidays.

Want to know the honest truth? I could easily live without it. What I couldn’t live without is a heavy-duty aluminum rimmed baking sheet with a wire cooling rack set on it. It’s lighter and cheaper, stores right in the oven, and has the added advantage that it’s shallow, making it much easier for hot air to circulate around the food that’s cooking. It’s what I use for roasting the other 363 days of the year. Mine has seen countless roast chickens, and it is warped and bent beyond belief, but it still does its job just as well as it ever did. I bought it for about $10 at a cooking supply store, along with a rack that cost another $5 or $6. (You can get these pans online as well—they’re called half sheet pans. Nordic Ware makes a fine one for about $15.)

I think what you call whimsy is you being an unfunny shit but more power to you lad.

Dutch ovens are pretty useful and versatile but I can't think of any specific dishes you absolutely need one for so fair enough.

I mean the roasting tin is definitely a unitasker but who fucking cares other than Alton Brown? So long as you roast things a lot it's worth having. I feel the same way about rice cookers.

This. As for making a sauce or gravy just scrape the shit out into an actual frying pan.

>What type of roasting pan is needed?
Cast iron.

Points for a thoughtful contribution. However you say that the best roasting pans are they layered expensive ones. But all year round tou roast on cheap stuff. Seems like tou don't have a solid opinion or advice.

Cookware coated in enamel. No thanks.

Its better than that oxidized/rancid oil seasoning shit.

How about a steel serfice that will last forever? Would that be a good idea?

Thicker is always better naturally, but as long as it's metal and is not a non-stick one you are good.