Making tuna melts for the first time today. I know it's a simple recipe, but any protips?

Making tuna melts for the first time today. I know it's a simple recipe, but any protips?

Drain the shit out of the tuna

I like to grind pepper over the whole thing when its done, and use medium heat so it doesnt burn the bread but melts the cheese

I used to work at jimmy johns and they put celery and a bit of soy sauce in the tuna

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm not a big fan of raw celery but soy sauce sounds really good.

Yea make sure you don't put too much soy sauce in, some find it too salty

Soy sauce? Everybody knows you use pickle brine.

Yeah I know a little goes a long way. I use low sodium too, even that is salty enough.

To me, a tuna melt is an open faced sandwich. I toast or grill the bread, make sure the tuna salad has been refrigerated so after I put it under the broiler, the cheese on top is melted, but the tuna isn't hot. It's a contrast of temperatures and textures.

put dijon mustard in your tuna salad

this guy knows

Open face with tomatoes is god tier. Add green onion and shallot. Also dill pickles are excellent on the side or in the tuna salad. Some people like sharp cheddar, I'm more of a pepper Jack guy.

Yes yes yes

I put a slice of sharp cheddar and pickles on mine.

Tuna melt accomplished. I'd prefer open-faced but unfortunately I don't have a working oven right now. I used mayo, dijon, dill pickles, soy sauce, pepper, and lemon juice. Probably a little overboard, but it turned out okay. I would have used focaccia if I could, but I tried rye and buttermilk for comparison. They don't look like much but they taste great.

should i put a tomato in my tuna melt?

Yes

Chuck some sweetcorn and tomato in there

how to make mayo free?

why a top down photo? i want some side action

Old Bay Seasoning.

ANY SANDWICH THAT INCLUDES MAYO AS A MAIN INGREDIENT IS NOT WORTH MAKING.

what kind of cheese do you use?

I prefer swiss, but cheddar, muenster, and jack cheeses sound good too.

>fish
>cheese
pick one

You got right, user. That's how to make a badass tuna melt.
As far as the tuna goes, I make my usual tuna salad, I don't leave anything out just because it's going to be a melt.
Also, I don't personally like tomato on my tuna melts, I think it adds too much liquid and muddys the flavor, but to each their own, I know a lot of people who like tomato on theirs.
Anyway, tuna melts are easy as fuck and super satisfying, one of my favorite sandwiches.

Fuck. Off.

Found the faglord.

Don't knock it unless you've tried it. It's glorious.

I'm pretty staunchly on the sharp cheddar side with this, but pepper jack is good too. Those are the only two I'll use for this particular sandwich.

>WILLINGLY EATING SAUCE THAT LITERALLY RESEMBLES SEMEN
>CALLS ME A FAGLORD

THIS MUCH DENIAL SHOULD BE ILLEGAL

i've done sharp cheddar and don't like it. I think the taste is kind of overpowering and not very nice with warm mayo

you ever have a filet o fish nigga?

Nope
Bet you say that to all the boys. Fag

What is your preferred bread to use when making a tuna melt?
ALSO, how do you make one? Asking for a friend.

>all caps
>repeating back what someone else said

Why don't you go back to genuflecting over Celebrity Apprentice White House Edition starring President Elect Pussy Grabber and STFU.

>afraid of eating fish
>calls other people a fag

It's okay, you can come out of the closet now.

The mayo shouldn't be warm, dude.

make sure the cheese browns or you miss out on extra flavor.

how the fuck are you melting the cheese