Dinner thread

I made chicken gulasch with potatoes, squash and zucchini. Garlic roasted brown rice with quinoa.

What are you eating for dinner lads?

>mfw I took a bite and realized I forgot to put the cinnamon in the stuffing after all that fucking work

No pic but I had beef liver, cabbage, and baked potato.
10/10 would eat again. Probably will tomorrow actually.

Looks good though.

I learned about wrapping it in caul fat from some dude on youtube. It really makes the meat moist.

Turkey is very dry without basting or covering in some kind of fatm

Liver is a seriously underutilized ingredient in America. One of my favorite dishes is duck livers, gnocchi in a brown butter sauce with sage.

I cover a turkey with cheese cloth soaked in melted butter or margarine and sage. Then take it off, hopefully without piercing the skin, when it's 3/4 done.

Try that shit.

I like to brine, then baste my turkey. Your method is interesting though. Might do that with the spare turkey I am preparing then bringing to our local food pantry.

Use two or three layers of the cheese cloth. Ever look for cheese cloth in the store and the nimrods who work there have no idea what you are talking about when you ask?

No. Restaurant Depot is right down the street from where I live. Cheesecloth is sold there by the yard or roll, like a textile merchant. It's actually quite nice to simply ask where something is and they know exactly what I mean.

haha I used to work at walmart and was often asked that question and I was always like "wtf is cheeseclothe" and would just say sorry we don't have any.

That wasn't the Severn MD store, was it?

Only took a few pics, but I made goulash with spatzel and pretzels.

Goulash and spatzel were great.

Pls no rotate.

Pretzels were ok. I'd never made dough like this before.

I have accepted my mobile posting rotation overlords.

I already posted this in my thread, but tuna melts.

WHERES THE REST OF YOUR DINNER?

>being gigantic of a fatass.

nowhere close, it was in the midwest, just makes it more funnier to me cause I had no idea this was a somewhat common problem.

Looks like cat vomit.

Hope it tasted okay.

Roasted a chicken. Seasonings were kosher salt, black and white pepper, and five spice. Stuffed the inside with lemon, garlic, and fresh thyme and tarragon, and rubbed it down with butter. Placed on a bed of carrots and onions.

The meat was perfect, juicy and tasty. The carrots and onions... Next time, less lemon. They ended up in a bit of lemon soup. But hey, the meat was perfect, and I made a salad instead.

Are... are you ok? Please... put down the gun. Don't go through with it.

High class living here.

Two other dinner threads up, none named properly but this.

Anyway, boiled for 3-4 hours, enough to make the meat fall apart.
Tried something new with the potatoes, worked out good.

Sauce made by the "broth" from the meat.

Pretty good!

>NOT BEING ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH