What are your thanksgiving day plans?

What are your thanksgiving day plans?

Sleep til 3pm, buy a 40 and a frozen pizza then go on Veeky Forums

kill myself

Tell my boss im sick because im not missing out on my thanksgiving to cook for his family
ITT: i cook at a family owned bar n grill

This

He's going to ask for a doctor's note, and then you'll be fucked. You know that, right?

>mfw minimum wage cucks have to work on holidays and don't get paid for being off

It must suck to barely scrape by lmao

It does. I'm glad you can ride off of daddy's tenure, and kick back and enjoy life.

>tfw cook at restaurant thats closed on major holidays

>tfw I work a good corpo job that lets me work on holidays if I want to since my family doesn't do anything and I'll be making about 40/hr to work it.
>Or I could take it off and still get paid.

It does man, thank god my place is closed on Thanksgiving :)

I was supposed to make out my grocery list yesterday and I still havent. I'm so fucked, it's only 4 days away, and I'm making the whole thing and I haven't bought a damn thing yet.

Who do you feel worse for, the people who have to work at Denny's on Thanksgiving, or the people who go to Denny's, probably alone, to eat a Thanksgiving dinner?

Truly the Denny's employees are doing god's work by making the Holiday happen for some poor lonely soul who has no family to cook and share with

Same. I'll be making $45/hr ensuring that your Echoes and "personal massagers" get to your house on time.

>working Thanksgiving
>and Christmas
>next three years, at least
>$14/hour
I'm not sure why or how I live.

Going to my parents house

I'm going to get drunk as fuck so I'm catatonic for the conversation

Going to girlfriend's family to eat. Should I bring rum, gin, or bourbon. I haven't had any of these before.

I shit you fucking not, my family is having it at noon at Bob Evans and my in-laws are having it at 6pm at Cracker Barrel......I hate my family and her family

Also, I literally have a wife's son....I'm probably killing myself before christmas

>UPS feeder driver
>sad i have to work the day after thanksgiving
>it's ok though because we get double time
$72.46/hr for 12 hrs

God all you trump morons that hate unions but work minimum wage jobs are brain dead

Gonna have it at my brothers new house. Usually we go to our families house in eastern Texas but not this year.

UPS preload here. I votes Trump and actually approve of the UPS union. They're not overbearing like some of the other unions and they're fair. I get to work that day as well but didn't realize drivers made that fucking much.

My family is all making a road trip. I have to work, so I made corned beef and cabbage/potatoes in advanced so I don't have to have a shitty frozen dinner. Kinda depressing cause I'm gonna be alone, but I'm trying to shake it off

YOU CAN COME TO MY HOUSE FOR THANKSGIVING user. WE ARE HAVING QUITE A FEAST.

How would you describe your relationship with your wife's son? Do you get along? Does he respect you? Have you wiped dirt off his cheeks? Have you taught him to Veeky Forums?

>votes trump
>likes unions

Your brains are scambled m8

DO NOT KILL YOURSELF user. JUST LEAVE YOUR WIFE AND HER SON AND START ANEW. THE WINDS OF CHANGE CAN RENEW YOUR LEASE ON LIFE.

I said I approved of the UPS union. Not automatically liked every union as they start overreaching their shit and demanding more and more.

>making literally peanuts
>siding with the company in any way

Yess goood boy gooooood

>free insurance and Healthcare after a year
>100-$200 bonus every week if on time
It isn't too bad 2bh for working 5 hours every day.

>used to be after 6 months

See how they chip away at our benefits? Thanks for voting against your own economic interests

>implying the dems have given two shits about unions or the working class since the 70s

>Thinking the republicans aren't out to destroy unions altogether

Wake up trumpkin

How dare employers get to choose where they get their labor instead of being forced to sign with whoever can bribe the politicians the most.

I hope they get rid of your pensions too.

Trump is pro-union you uninformed fucking nigger

b-but he's a Republican and being a Republican automatically means he wants to get rid of unions and gay marriage and he's literally hitler!

I love this

Going full Christmas Story and ordering an obscene amount of local chinese take-out the day before.

if you're making cocktails, gin. bring tonic water and limes. if you're going to spend some money on a nice bottle, bourbon.

>How would you describe your relationship with your wife's son? Do you get along? Does he respect you? Have you wiped dirt off his cheeks? Have you taught him to Veeky Forums?

I told her 2 months ago she had to send him back to his fathers or I'd leave her. She sent him back and he's not even allowed at the house.

I tried to teach him to cook, but he is a fucking demon spawn

>labwork
>go home and contemplate suicide while shitposting

Just like any other day.

you're a horrible person

but i bet you already knew that

Going to my grocery store and getting this. I am eating for one but it is basically cheaper to get this then any other "meal deal" they have going on for what you get.

bringing my girlfriend and our girlfriend (more like fwb) to my parent's dinner where they will have 3 of their friends' families (14 people total). I'm making the turkey and stuffing, I'll be drinking wine all day.

eating a shitload of green bean casserole and masturbating 5-8 times

Luby's. Family's Asian so we only cooked the Chinese food and got the regular stuff from here. Picked up some a la carte since I'm on my own this year.

>thinking you need doctor's notes in real life

5 family members are coming over, and we'll be sitting in painfully awkward silence for 8+ hours

I'm driving a mere 3 hours on Wednesday to be with my family. I'm in charge of mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes this year; should I prep them the day before or bring all my supplies with me and cook them Thanksgiving day?

>bringing my girlfriend and our girlfriend (more like fwb)
Wow you're so cool...

But seriously though, you sound like you're barely 18

I host every year. We have 11 adults and 5 kids, might be a tight squeeze, but we have a double lead table and plenty of chairs.

I do ham, etc, husband drinks beer and deep fried the turkey outside. I do pies, nog and prep tomorrow and Wednesday. I forget what time "dinner" is. Normally I do it around 5" but I think I agreed to do it earlier this year.

Then Friday is Thanksgiving Part Deux, which is pretty much just appetizers and desserts with the other half of the senpai, also hosting. I think I will do sliders this year.

Sounds boring desu

>I think I will do sliders this year.

How about you slide them tits out for us bby ;^)

I guess I am old, this is the most fun time. I am excited to see my kids and my nephews play together, the fun uncle is coming down to stay for a few days. Everyone will go on and on about my delicious food, and then there will be so many leftovers!!! I have a brand new nephew who was born just last week in addition to 4 others. I will blast music and drink wine. I really love my family and friends. I get excited to feed them and laugh with them.

>"fun uncle"

What did she mean by this?

He brings over his tech toys, buys the booze, is refreshingly grateful for a home cooked meal, and generally just a fun guy to hang out with.

So you wish you married him instead of your husband?

Sweet baby Jesus, no. After a good 3 days I am ready for him to GTFO.
I didn't mean to imply my husband was ungrateful for his meals. On the contrary, after many many thousands of meals he is grateful every time. Just that it's nice to feed a hungry bachelor. It's a different kind of joy.

>I do ham
>thanksgiving

We prefer ham. It's not uncommon, plus I find turkey hard to cook right unless it's deep fried. I read a Cook's Illustrated article which explained that in order to cook the thighs thoroughly, the legs and breasts end up dry and overlooked. Their recipe for the perfectly cooked turkey involved some pain in the ass method of first carving it and cooking the different parts severally or some shit.

Deep frying works best, fast, easy, and it gives the men something to stand near and be responsible for while they smoke and drink beer outside.

Doing cocaine with a beautiful whore the whole day and night before Tday. Drive her home at 4am that Tday. Go home and sleep until 2pm, go to my parents house an hour later. Help make mash potatoes. Eat ham, turkey, potatoes, yams, green bean cas, cran berry, and salad. Wait a couple of hours and binge drink beer and hard liquor. Snort cocaine and final pass out at 5 am. Sleep and restart. Life is a flat circle.

work my shift at dunkin donuts 9am-3pm, go home and eat whatever, play maybe an hour of vidya before going to bed to wake up for
my midnight black friday shift at dunkin donuts

Work a 17 hour shift from wednesday at 3pm until 8 am. Then home to sleep for a few hours until another 17 hour shift starting thanksgiving at 3pm. On friday i only work 9 hours though 3 to midnight.

This.
>buying into the doctors note meme

everyone in my family is dead so nothing :(

:(

Screaming "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" at two different families.

Also, I red-pilled my grandma on how stupid eating the same ass boring turkey every year is and she will be switching some stuff up.

Wow. This guy actually gets it and I would do this if I was in an awesome place like 'merica.

>Prepare Turkey
>Turn the gas on
the end.

Yeesh...
If I could I'd invite you over.

Come to my house :)

>my family is dead

Be european

the fuck? thanksgiving was 2 months ago. fucking retards.

ew

We're talking about real Thanksgiving, not your knockoff snowman garbage.

>calling ignorance memes

>Prepare for the yearly disappointment that a whole turkey is going to be cooked with zero spices, prep or care by my dad to equal a another bland and dry turkey that is only going to have one small piece taken out for each family member then rot in the fridge until it's thrown out.

Why don't you take charge, user?

It's good to know that they are bringing human rights to india

Sleep in. Lie in bed. Go to work until 10pm. Smoke a couple cigarettes. Cry in my car for a bit. Wipe away the tears, go inside and microwave some fried rice. Read for a bit and resist opening that vodka.

No friends, gf, or family. My nearest relative is my dad who lives 200mi away and is dying of cancer.

I haven't celebrated thanksgiving (or pretty much any holiday) in 3 years.

I want to die haha

The lonely diner. I tell you from first hand experience that the line cooks have it easy making only one dish with a couple of side requests

>Maybe you should brine it?
>"NO NO NO, WAY TO COMPLEX"
>Maybe we can cook just maybe one hour less?
>"NO NO NO, IT'LL BE RAW user"
>Ok, I set the timer and the heat this year, we just need to leave it alone
>"user, YOU HAD THE HEAT WAY TOO LOW SO I TURNED IT UP WHILE YOU WERE AWAY"
>We should let it rest for some time
>"user, YOU'RE SCREWING UP THE TIMING, CUT INTO THAT TURKEY NOW!"
>Just get tired and bring my own small turkey
>Dad complains about having way too much turkey and that I shouldn't have brought it

I've gotta learn to cook.

My family and friends all ditched me. My mother literally said "Just go buy a TV dinner or something."

I'm going to attempt to make a better thanksgiving dinner than any of them have out of spite. Can somebody suggest a good turkey recipe?

>first post on this board

Be alone and hope my family doesnt call me.

What cooking facilities do you have access to, and what are you looking to end up with?

I know that feel, mang, all I have is a roomate, with an annoying ass girlfriend, who I am going to drop some acid with because were both off for two days, so y'know, families dead, but at least I have an excuse to do drugs on major holidays so cheer up bud! :)

I've got pretty much every option as far as how to prepare it. I guess an oven would be the easiest.

I can figure every side/desert out on my own probably but I haven't cooked so much as a hamburger in years, much less a turkey.

Like what spices do I throw on this thing or what do I shove inside it before cooking?

>broccoli for Thanksgiving

what the fuck

That's adorable. Don't leave Veeky Forums. It needs nice people here and there.

Yeah brussel sprouts with pancetta is way better.

I just finished my blueberry bourbon pie, that from my test tasting, is very vanilla-y with a good citrus kick from the lemon juice, but not overwhelming the blueberry flavor. Only used 1/4 a cup of brown sugar so it's not too sweet. Going to also be making the mashed sweet potatoes with a mushroom medley and 5 year aged white cheddar grated up top. Sweet potato+5 different kinds of mushrooms=a full meal on its own. My mom's cooking can't ruin this meal.

I'm not a cook and don't really follow recipes but my family devours what I make. Applied chemistry classes really pay off.

I used Eagle Rare single barrel (has the old logo and a sticker from the liquor store I work at for college money on it) for the pie. No regrets.

sounds comfy desu

kek

Working until 10 pm then going to Wawa to get a turkey gobbler

So far you win for best thanksgiving.

Good man

Work

used to work in a UPS distribution hub and oh man am i jelly of how much the drivers made. I know you guys are on super strict rules though,

sleep all day and then browse the internet until i fall back asleep

could someone post that pic of a microwaveable thanksgiving dinner for 1 that looks like something you'd buy premade from walmart? It's packaged in one of those clear/black plastic takeout containers

>Tfw asked for 5 days off this week and they said yes

Feels good