Jibrel Marines, assemble!

Jibrel Marines, assemble!

Post stack size!

For those of you who missed it, yesterdays news: zawya.com/mena/en/story/Jibrel_Network_announces_strategic_partnership_with_the_SEED_Group-ZAWYA20180311065811/

$280M confirmed to be tokenized

Attached: 1519944173866.png (185x272, 83K)

Chart since announcement looks like a bullflag too

Attached: bullflag.png (388x231, 4K)

Only have about 8k jnt. Should i sell my wtc and double my jibrel bags?

50k feeling comfy as hell

Ready for launch

71k JNT
hopefully this will be worth something someday

25k JNT, will keep on buying as money comes in, the longer price is low the better.

Attached: photo_2018-03-06_02-18-06.jpg (959x1280, 205K)

4700 JNT, hoping to go to 6k tomorrow, after getting paid.
I see a bright future after the bloodbath, considering I just achieved my 10k target for LINK.

I'm sincerely sorry you fell for this shitty pajeet scam

im sincerely sorry you have to post this in every jnt thread
also sorry for you guys that this is the best fud you can come up with lmao
at least the janitor pasta was funny

motorcycle user here. currently hyper-jiblet but on the way to 25K this week if we continue to stay around 40c

9k I am poor, but after the sweet tears of those who made the wrong call in margin trading will have OVER 9,000!!

About 4k here as well. why do I even live?

121k, can't wait to dump this sand nigger garbage soon.

what's the call anons, think this will continue to go sideways for the week? would love to get in around 35c.

dump this week. i'll unironically buy your bags

yes absolutely do not buy above .35 it will probably go much lower than that. do not fomo in under any circumstances

I have $2k. I am not expecting too much.

already priced in. otherthan seed nothing left for them to announce. njoy u r blleding bags until below 5 cent.

Don't know about this week, but soon hopefully.

Shitty sandnigger pajeet scam they said.

Attached: Jibrel team.png (679x500, 44K)

Say I am a bank, and I own the sort of financial instrument that Jibrel is looking to tokenise. Let's say I tokenise $100m worth of treasury bonds.
Now the price of treasury bonds goes up, but I don't get any of that value because the token holders accrue the increased value when they onsell their jBonds to other buyers. Or let's say the value of bonds goes down and I want to divest myself of these holdings, I can't because the tokeniased assets are in the hands of token holders.
It seems to me like tokenising an asset means that a bank loses the ability to make gains on it, and to sell it. The control of the asset is passed into the hands of the token holders. So what is the incentive for banks to hand over this control? How does the bank get their margin?

Join the telegram and wait for Talal to be on and ask him.

why you so confident it won't go higher user? i thought it'd dip a lot lower today than it has. i do agree that over the next couple weeks a lot of weak hands might gtfo.

why are you so desperate to get out already? it's a long term hold

Brainlet here but from my understanding control of the asset doesn't transfer to token holders. The asset is still under the control of the institution. Token holders benefit from appreciation of JNT due to the required on-chain solvency

It's simple really. Saudi's can't be trusted at all. Terrorism, slavery, corruption, etc. It's a quick buck that's all.

So what happens if I buy $100k worth of the bank's jBonds, then bonds rise in value and the bank chooses to sell them all?

they can't because the asset has been transferred - as far as i understand. the bank no longer controls the asset when it is transferred.

the benefit is that you might buy them for more to hedge then you would otherwise- also it is feeless so banks can take advantage of the arbitrage from 1. their being worth more because market volatility and people need a hedge and 2. they dont incur the high fees they would otherwise incur.

selling that amount of bonds would usually have very high transaction fees in the traditional economy

But if control of the asset is transferred doesn't the bank just end up incurring all the costs of holding the asset, with none of the benefits because ownership is with the token holder?

What this user said. if you buy the bond from the bank you would be the owner.

A bank probably doesn't follow the buy high sell low meme.. They would be selling to you at a premium.

have you seen videos of these kids who run this project? they're sjw-tier. get real user.

also do you think don tapscott is gonna ruin his reputation by publicly supporting a genuine terrorist shitcoin in an advisor role?

i think they're too connected and visible for the shady saudi angle to be a legit concern.

130 coins here, plan to accumulate over the coming weeks since I feel like it will bleed some.

500k jibrelian i did it to be a top 30 wallet

I'm not talking about the JNT dev team, they're solid. SEED however, not so much.

OK but as far as I can tell that is the only point where the bank can actually take a profit. As soon as an asset is tokenised and sold off the bank is stuck holding it indefinitely. Well, in perpetuity actually because it will be out in the token ecosystem forever.
Which wouldmena for it to be worthwhile f or a bank it would have to be a HUGE margin, and if the margin is that big then there would be very little demand for the marked-up tokenised asset.
What am I missing here?

You aren't though. You are a top 40 wallet.

39k checking in

at the time I bought I was.

the bank makes a huge profit by being able to sell their assets without the high fees that they incur in the traditional economy, they also make money because as hedging tools are in demand, the assets would be worth more on-chain than they would be off-chain.

But they only sell control of the asset while being forced to actually hold the asset on behalf of the token holders. They end up holding a massive number of assets that they don't actually own, and incurring all the costs of maintaining/securing those assets on behalf of token holders who pay nothing to the banks.

I assume the institution could just as easily un-tokenize their asset so I don't think they have to leave it on-chain for perpetuity. Also the idea is that they could earn millions buy just 2-3% gains due to the amount of money they would invest.

i think you're confused about the fundamentals. They can pretty much just tokenize their assets on-chain and leave them there. Tokenizing them wouldn't preclude them from off-chain gains.

I suppose to untokenise the asset the banks could buy them back en masse, but with thin order books that could force them to pay vastly inflated prices for assets that they could have just held in the first place.

So it's not like a ledger where it locks in the price?

the banks don't buy the token ever. The DAO, when its operational, would be doing this in the background.

can't tell if you're memeing me but the tokenized would still hold its off-chain value.

*tokenized asset

So is the DAO holding the assets themselves? Sorry if I'm running in circles, the fundamental point of my question is: How does the network incentivise a party to hold a tokenised asset (and incur the costs of holding/maintaining/securing that asset) when control of that asset is in the hands of another party (ie the token holder)?

Kinda feel like you're trolling me at this point fren

Not at all. There's something I'm misunderstanding. I buy $100k treasury bonds from BankA in jBond form. I now own $100k worth of jBonds to buy and sell as I please. If treasury bonds moon then great, I can onsell my jbonds for $200k. But while I am now the token holder of $100k jBonds the bank is still holding the actual asset. It now has $100k worth of trasury bonds that it can't do anything with because they're "mine". I'm missing something critical here and I don't know what it is.

Moved a good portion (>50%) of my stack over to JNT recently. Considering going all in except for some Eth bought at low DCA. Promising times friends.

>big dick BTC aint got shit on real world usage

Lord AssBlaster has already decreed that Jibrel is ‘trash’. Heed his words. Why does Veeky Forums defy the word of our savior?

is that how you think about money and investing? holy fuck this board

>he’s not all in on Link
>he doesn’t know

You guys are overthinking this project. It's not a long term hold. You'll see.

I have 20K jibbies my fellow JNTLMEN! Can't wait for Talal to take us to the MOON! You guys hear any news about the meme contest yet? Anything about the Sheik?

Was at 1k but I fucked up and sent half of them to the wrong address bc I'm retarded

Attached: 1520521519606.png (733x464, 125K)

Confirmed special needs friendo

sux

Yeah ik but y'all can thank me for the 30% jump in price the other day as I sent them literally an hour before that run occurred

ffs user get it together

It's good for JNT, the more tokens out of circulation the higher the scarcity :^)

>tfw I've got 12k
>still in the top 1.5k wallets

my stack is so small but most wallets are even smaller than mine

all them fucking pajeets in the discord are holdint like 30 JNT and expecting lambos. And they're unironically gonna get them. Top 3 coin 2020 cap this. Link 1.2 Mill JNT 800k BTC 500k eoy 2020.

12k is pretty good. im aiming for 10k. icx really fucked me this month my stack is shit!

> all them fucking pajeets in the discord are holdint like 30 JNT and expecting lambos.

ha those fools

> And they're unironically gonna get them.

go on..

> Top 3 coin 2020 cap this.

oh no user, cap this? you sound...

> Link 1.2 Mill JNT 800k BTC 500k eoy 2020

fucking linkies