Shill me your favorite anime

shill me your favorite anime

Attached: 2a5189c7cf551be082a0e93dde111c1d2c6bfc45_hq.jpg (507x384, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/anime/season/archive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Boku no Pico

Naruto

parasyte

patrician taste

Johan no!
Monsters up there for me along with berserk (golden age).

Why does it have to be an anime?

Can't I just shill you my favourite tv show?

-devilman crybaby
-detroit metal city
-deathnote

Monster.
But I guess you don't want that answer so Mushishi

Attached: 1506569579121.gif (500x374, 135K)

good taste good goy

sure. mine is black mirror

Mushishi. It just feels nice when you watch it. Yours is def up there, though

Kaiji is the official Veeky Forums anime
>After graduating from high school in 1996 in Japan, Itō Kaiji moves to Tokyo to get a job, but he fails to find steady employment because the country is mired in its first recession since World War II. Depressed, he festers in his apartment, biding his time with cheap pranks, gambling, liquor and cigarettes. Kaiji is always thinking about money and his perpetual poverty frequently brings him to tears.
>Kaiji's unrelenting misery continues for two years until he is paid an unexpected visit from a man named Endō, who wants to collect an outstanding debt that Kaiji has carelessly co-signed for his former co-worker. Endō gives Kaiji two options - either spend ten years to repay this outstanding debt, or board the gambling ship Espoir ("hope" in French) for one night to clear the debt

Attached: 1519876204940.png (1263x810, 1.11M)

As the other person shilling mushishi in this thread, it does not feel nice. It's depressing as fuck and makes me want to kill myself unironically (i.e. pure kino). But the animation is comfy, so I guess that feels nice desu.
Fargo (the tv show) is criminally underappreciated

Some Kaiji Veeky Forums memes

Attached: 1519625843223.jpg (1169x405, 50K)

Attached: 1519799546886.png (698x721, 490K)

i know both seasons. if you like kaiji try one out and akagi.

Attached: MV5BODNjMjVmMjItMzk4MC00Yzk4LTk5M2YtMDU0Yzc0MTg4YTNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1600x900, 86K)

I really like the bittersweet-ness of it all. Little windows into people's lives, open endings, the soundtrack, animation. Really nice.

Attached: 1519625993238.jpg (949x536, 40K)

I already read basically every translated FKMT work, except the new kurosawa

Ideon be invoked

Everything TRIGGER/Gainax ever made ever because I'm a fanboy sheep.

Steins;Gate and hunter x hunter 2011

>-devilman crybaby
finished this yesterday. it was ok, but the ending was shit

the simpsons

Attached: homers-wish.png (445x325, 117K)

steins gate without a doubt very good. but i disliked the chimera ant in hxh. especially the end was nothing compared to the yorknew arc.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 85K)

>the ending was shit
what? ending and first episode were kino and the only good parts

Have you seen the other Devilman series? The ending is confusing if you haven't seen the others. Pretty good in context.

Attached: 1520562901155.jpg (698x474, 53K)

no i haven't the others, maybe that's why.

Cowboy Bebop, I do like other shows but Cowboy Bebop is a solid number 1 for me.

Attached: 1512845876074.png (960x720, 352K)

Hellsing

Attached: berserk.jpg (700x393, 93K)

well NGE itself is top tier but too hyped. it changed anime forever. look the animes that came out b4 NGE. just kids shows. NGE created the "adult" era of anime.

Legends of the Galactic Heroes...just hits my g spot

also biz wise...anything Kaiji...its about a degenerate gambler who tries to gamble with yakuza bosses...he is the most tragic hero ive ever seen

Attached: 1503259409224.jpg (839x339, 53K)

Overrated shit

Manga:
Anything by Urasawa, 20th century boys, Monster, Pluto, Billybat

kaiji

Koe no katachi
Kimi no na wa

10/10 experience

Attached: 1476830304723.jpg (960x720, 21K)

absolutely glorious

Attached: pHXj5Y4.png (138x221, 30K)

The blonde kid who's actually Satan is the antagonist in most of them. After he went against god, he was cast into the mortal world. He stumbled around the universe until he found earth and settled there with the demons. Satan lived there until the time of humans. He then fell in love with a human, Akira. Then basically the whole story you saw goes down, and Satan kills the love of his life. Then the angels come and rain down on Satan, the last being on earth. This process resets time. This is why the first episode starts with that scene where a bunch of light bombs rain down on earth just like in the end. God turned earth into Satan's personal hell where Satan would spend eternity in an infinity time loop forgetting who he was, falling in love with a human, killing the love of his life, and getting reset. Every iteration is slightly different when god does the reset. That's why the ending of Crybaby shows two moons after earth is reset. And this also explains why each series of Devilman is slightly different but usually ends the same.

Hunter x Hunter
Also good

american dad
i guess it's a cartoon but it's still an anime right?

americans dads shining star is steve...any episode with him singing is a treasure, and the R Kelly trapped in the closet parody episode was amazing

thanks, appreciate the explanation. makes more sense now as some of those details were not obvious while i was watching.

That is certainly true.

Other favs:
Lain
GitS (First 2 Movies and SAC)
Welcome to the NHK
Gurren Laggan
Birdy
Patlabor TV
Yuru Yuri
FLCL

I would go with TTGL.It reminds me of the better times also the show itself was glorious.
I found it too predictable.Though i blame this on that i could see how many episodes were and how the show was focused on him.

NGE created the adulthood era of anime. thats a fact. look the archives b4 1995 and after. kid.

for the ones who look for a niche one. try paranoia agent. could be a david lynch production.

Attached: 71byeM6MZfL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 38K)

akira came out in the 80s..

myanimelist.net/anime/season/archive

Blood+

Attached: Blood+_Final_Piece_Saya.png (1208x684, 662K)

FUCKING MYANIMELIST BANNED ME. NOW I HAVE TO USE VPN 4 ACCESS. WHAT AM I FUCKING CHINK?!?!?

Attached: 1518916741865.png (394x360, 144K)

gurren laggan seems like a kids show on first sight but has alot of philosphical and political themes underneath. indeed a good show.

Get a life you fucking weeaboos. This is why your always complaining about chad getting girls and whatever, while you neets sit in your basements and watch Japanese cartoons.

thats shit. you fucking virgin weeaboo

Wanna start a WW3 there m8?

Ideon was the 80s.
Space cobra was the 80s.
VOTOMS was the 80s.
Macros DYRL was the 80s.
Captain Harlock was the 70s.
Lupin was the 70s.
Belladonna of sadness was the 70s.
NGE was a marketing giant but to say it "created" adult anime is false epically with people like Ryosuke Takahashi and Tomino being around since the 70s.

Attached: 1505403450724.jpg (585x511, 51K)

Attached: 1520716565807.png (843x717, 588K)

there are exceptions. you can clearly see that NGE created a change. the number of adult animes increased drastically. well, then the answer lies inbetween. IF you had to call one that made a change then it would be NGE.

NGE wasn't the catalyst for that change though.
TV Tokyo started offering a night time anime block which allowed racier shows to be made, such as NGE.
It did inspire more pathological driven shows though.

Also the most prominent "adult anime" era was probably the 80s OVA boom which was responsible for everything from Legend of the Galactic Heroes, to Genocyber, to ME Geist.

Meine nigga

Attached: 11F712E8-8C3E-4539-B7FA-D51B88F3F9DE.jpg (4354x3397, 1.05M)

My favourite anime

Attached: 2424676791_fe558ce74b_o.jpg (430x325, 31K)

Koe no Katachi

It's a real upbeat happy movie. Only 2 hours long.

cory in the house
10/10

Attached: IMG_0127.jpg (1000x1161, 401K)

Golden boy
Azumanga daioh

Kakegurui perfectly represents Veeky Forums. It might not be my favourite anime, but it is certainly the official one of this board, alongside with Kaiji.

Attached: MHND6VV.jpg (1920x1080, 574K)

my nigga

I like the one with the ugly nips playing ping pong. It's about how different people deal with not being good enough, so I guess it's Veeky Forums relevant.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1122x830, 104K)

This. Can't believe that series didn't get more love.

It felt like wasted potential to me. At first it looked like it was going to be a political/conspiracy thriller but ended up being more of a battle shounen. I still liked it but felt disappointed in the end.

The ending was anti-climactic for me, as well.

This is absolutely the correct choice. The only thing that bothers me is the characters looking really bad in profile. The art style is just a little weird.

Other than that it's the most harrowing and terrifying journey Into the depths of a man's soul and confrontation with the beasts of greed and lust. It's also a pretty good critique of capitalism.

the horrible looking art style really grew on me, I feel like it actually allows so much more emotion to be conveyed to the point where watching something like this

doesn't feel human and just feels forced.

Kakegurui is the reason FUN is fucking me so hard. Such a good meme/coin combination.

Favorite anime for me though is Baccano.

Attached: 9C66A110-DC9C-4272-8B1F-67AFCD7DA621.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

Good taste. This, Lain, Eva and Boogiepop Phantom are my favorite. Probably the most predictable tastes, but I'm not too attached to anime anyway.

I Think NGE is over valued, i don't know i mean its good but why it is THE BEST ANIME OF ALL TIMES?

Aria, Non Non Biyori, Mushishi

They are about living in the present, outside of your mind. It's about being comfy, enjoying yourself and what you have.

Fay best waifu

There's never been a better pair of emotionally jaded characters than Jet and Spike

Samurai Champloo

About to watch Monster though

Funny thing is that i used to be more of a Chad, gym, party whatever and now im some light version of an anime weebo, i got bored of being somekind of Gym Chad and started enjoying other things.(i still run tho)

Chad mode is just a silly thing that you like to pretend to be while you are in high school or something, if you go full Chad in your life you are retarded

Shingeki no Kyojin

Gantz.

The last quarter of the ant arc was pure kino, the pacing was fucking awful though.

Was the anime as good as the manga? I loved the last

Can't go past Monster, great taste OP.
For something completely different I'd recommend Hunter X Hunter.

Ending was ass but some of the gambles were interesting like that one episode with the treasurer guy