I just went to NYC last week and I wanted to see what the "Mexican in NYC" hype was all about. It was average...

I just went to NYC last week and I wanted to see what the "Mexican in NYC" hype was all about. It was average. San Diego is superior in every way and I won't even bring up Los Angeles

Why is Veeky Forums always wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

henrinyc.com/casa-enrique-menu.html
losmariscos1.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would you ever expect good Mexican in New York?

where did you go in nyc?

also, which places are you referring to in SD/LA?

TIA

That thing in your pic looks awful, and nothing like the Mexican food I get in New York. I think you ended up at a shitty Tex Mex place instead of a good Puebla place in New York. The Tex Mex places here are awful.

New yorkers are so stuck up about their city that they think it has the best of everything.

Not quite. We're just excited about the fact that we finally now have good Mexican here. A decade ago this town was a fucking joke for Mexican. Like places run by Chinese people with flour tortilla machines. That bad.

>ghostbusters
>ninja turtles
>gargoyles
>spiderman

Thats only just glossing the surface of notable NYC residents. Learn some history, kiddo.

see

The new Ghostbusters was excruciatingly terrible. You sure wanna bring that up?

What are these places that get you excited

SD only has better fish tacos from my experience. Everything else is pretty much on par with each other.

On the high end there's Stupak's places in the EV, Olvera's Cosme and La Palapa. On the low end there's tons of places in Brooklyn and Queens. I'm in South Brooklyn, so the places that turn my crank are the El Bronco truck, Tortas a la Plancha Don Pepe, Ricos Tacos y Antojitos and Tacos Matamoros. Just really solid neighborhood joints.

The only people who think "New Yoik X is the best X" are dumb New Yoikers

That quesadilla looks bomb

:^)

Seafood

>Gringo Pujol
>Empellon
None of those compare to Bracero.

Plus NYC mexican is basically Central mexican with just okay oaxacan/southern and nonexistent coastal/northern/baja cuisine.

California has pretty much everything when it comes to Mexican

I've lived in San diego and been to nyc. I'm telling each and every one of you that the food is similar between the two. It all depends on the restaurant and who is cooking the food.

However, I have yet to find tacos comparable to those made in tijuana. You guys are essentially comparing Bubba cola vs. Safeway select, while completely ignoring Coke.

it's all to cover up the fact that they live in one of the worst places in the world. It is a literal cancer shit hole.

NYC posters should be banned on Veeky Forums

Nice troll, most of the Mexican places in New York don't sell shit like this

California has people from all over Mexico while New York is mostly Puebla and DF, however the Puebla/DF places are still really good.

You've never even been here, stop being a retard

Its worse

that pic wasn't taken by op

Oh god, those Chinese run Mexican places still exist.

We ordered from there the other day at my job (I work near JFK, there are no authentic Mexican places anywhere near my job), and I'll be honest it wasn't that bad but nowhere near as good as real tacos.

Also Mexicans really need to move into Long Island, all we have on Long Island for Mex seems to be shitty Tex-Mex places

No, it's delicious.

Does NYC even have that many Mexicans? Puerto Ricans, sure, and plenty of illegals from the various shitholes in Central America, but actual Mexicans?

The Chinese food is pretty good but the pizza is a meme and pretty much every single human being from New York is awful. The only place I've been with worse people is LA, and that's because I'm pretty sure people from LA don't have souls.

Buffalo was fun, though, salt potatoes and snowball fights.

Yes, there are an estimated 500k Mexicans in NYC. They're the 3rd biggest Latino group in the city behind Dominicans and Puerto Ricans.

And what's the point of including random insults to such a question?

NYC can be as good as Cali in terms of Mexican in the next few years if they work on their fine dining. They'll never be able to match street food/traditional wise, but they could easily catch up if they keep on making cosme type restaurants in the city. Either that or Mexican seafood

>comparing Bubba cola vs. Safeway select, while completely ignoring Coke.
That's a terrible analogy, since all three are shit.
>New York is mostly Puebla and DF, however the Puebla/DF places are still really good.
This is truth.
>Oh god, those Chinese run Mexican places still exist.
A decade ago we used to call those places "Chexican".

Truth.
Figures. I've never seen anything like that in NYC. In this town if we want beef and cheese together we eat a fucking cheeseburger. I don't know what that shit is.

Coke is delicious

>Why does a city right next to Mexico have better Mexican food than this city 3500 miles away?

GEE I DUNNO OP, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.

>NYC
kek

'ork 'cos are just as good as 'go 'cos

>going to NYC for Mexican food
>going to California for Mexican food

You literally can't get the real wetback food if you're not on the border in Texas or if you're literally in poverty.

you're literally a retard

NYC has a larger proportion of Mexicans from places that aren't northern or central Mexico. You will find better Yucatan and Oaxaca food there

but since OP posted a taco I assume this is a troll thread

Shoulda gone to Jersey City senpai

I don't think there are many people from Yucatan in NYC, but there are a lot of Oaxcans. Puebla, Mexico City, and Oaxaca (most likely in that order) are the most common places of origin for Mexicans in NYC.

I'm sure the type of Mexican food you find in New York is the same as New Jersey

>Mexican in NYC
So, how many instagram psuedo-food bloggers did you come across before actually going to NYC?

Los Angeles has the most Oaxacans outside of Oaxaca itself.

California has better Southern and Northern Cuisine without a doubt

What about Poblanos? NYC has a lot more Poblanos than Oaxacans if I'm not mistaken.

What is LA's Mexican population mostly made up of? People from Baja and Jalisco?

>Baja
As far as I can tell you, this wouldn't happen The people who usually migrate to United States come from the poorer areas of Mexico or Narco territories Probably Michoacan, Sinaloa, Guerrero and Guanajuato. There's alot of people from Jalisco though

Oh I forgot Michoacan, that's definitely a big one.

Texas seems to get a lot of people from Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas. I'm not sure about Chicago.

I just realized that a Mexican restaurant in NYC has a michelin star. Neat

Jew York is faggot central of the USA. I cant stand the shit-heads that come from that cesspool.

You have such a strong opinion on NYC for someone who never stopped foot in it

Who would have thought some place that's so far from Mexico would have mediocre Mexican food.

Except NYC's Mexican food isn't mediocre anymore

Have any of you jew yorkers been here?

henrinyc.com/casa-enrique-menu.html

There's some stuff that you rarely see outside of Mexico

What are some good mid range restaurants in NYC?

looks good.

losmariscos1.com/

You have to go here. Probably the best Mexican in NYC as of now

Looks good, thanks!

There's another Mexican place in the Chelsea Market I also want to check out, Los Tacos #1. Probably some relation between the two I'm guessing.

>3 dollars for a taco.
Snobby faggots and chicanos would cry about tacos being over a dollar in California. That's one of the benefits in NYC. You could get away with these price for the benefit of higher quality ingredients

NYC real estate is extremely expensive, so prices are a little higher.

Even in the Mexican neighborhoods the tacos cost 2.50-3.00.

What Mexican places have you been in NY?

Sunset Park, Jackson Heights, Kensington, Midwood, Mott Haven, East Harlem, Soundview all have a lot of Mexicans.

Sunset Park and Corona are probably the two biggest Mexican neighborhoods.

>>hey Veeky Forums I spent 3 days in NYC, ate in the gentrified bronx and was nonplussed by the messican foods
>>i am a myopic leftcoaster who doesn't fully fathom that there are people who hail from the continent directly below me who are not mexican, or that they have unique dishes/culture/etc
>>now I'm going to insult the people in this board despite posting my own opinions here for your consideration. you all lied to me even though i only eat fish tacos and the shit chipotle serves

hey cool story op, maybe the next time you're in the mood for some real mexican you can cram a copy of the popul vuh deep in your cavernous maw

Nowhere in The Bronx is gentrified yet.

user must be thinking of brooklyn

>flour tortilla
I see your problem user