I need to branch out beyond classic yellow in my kitchen

I need to branch out beyond classic yellow in my kitchen.

What styles should I get for my pantry and what brands should I look for?

I can only speak for myself. I keep classic yellow, dijon, honey, and spicy brown in my fridge at all times. I don't recommend mustards that have been spiked with horseraddish. It's just not a great combo in my opinion.

This. Also dijon wholegrain is best

Best brand is Roland. Go for the dijon, you'll thank me

I only keep ballpark mustard in the house. I'm fiercely loyal to the brand

This stuff is great. Get some cheeses, meats, water crackers and pickles or pickled vegetables and some stone ground or whole grain mustand. Fancy snacking 101

Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard and some Claussen Sauerkraut on a roll with a grilled bratwurst is fucking hnnnnnnggggggghhhhhhhh.

My two go to mustards for vinaigrettes are Maille dijon and whole grain dijon as in your pic. They were once made in france but are now made in Canada so they are available in my local supermarket. But if I have an Amazon order I'll throw in some Edmond fallot dijons. I also have some Colmans for british style roasts.

The only reason I can find for hotdog mustard is to use it as a tacky surface for BBQ rubs.

if you want to make a Russian dressing then you really can't do better than a classic Pitzman's mustard. It really adds a nice taste that I find quite enjoyable

You from Cleveland?

out of the way, peasants.

dijon definitely

Disclaimer: Dijon mustard is for cock suckers

For plain mustards I like whole grain better but I haven't found a whole grain horseradish mustard with enough kick for me quite yet.

Best mustard coming through
Lots of heat and lots of flavour
Dont know if you can get it in the states though

the only true answer

All other answers are wrong.

>colmans prepared
How fucking lazy can you be?

Mix 1/2 of your pic with 1/2 of their hottest horseradish

I like the Sandwich Pal Hot and Spicy for any kind of sandwich, dog, brat, etc. if I'm going for a spicy brown mustard.

Hot chinese makes incredible barbecue sauce, dijon is amazing for adding freshness to soups and sauces, and colman's powder is a straight mother fucker in dredges and dry rubs.

>What styles should I get for my pantry and what brands should I look for?
Inglehoffer whole grain is my #1 favorite
I like to have Colmans English mustard for authentic recipe reasons, good with sausages, hot dogs, chinese egg rolls.
I like zatarains creole mustard, as well as Batampe deli mustard if I don't have inglehoffer
Every now and then I get a real german mustard if I go into the german butcher shop, like hengstenberg or lowensef, one of those beer mug ones, since they are nice and fun hot, sometimes a beer taste.
I gotta say I hate Maille, though grey poupon is alright. Real french mustard should have a nice delicious wine flavor. And, really it's just better if you make it yourself. The big brands just use too much vinegar (the pH pauses the heat strength). Bleh.

I typically stick to dijon for most uses, but I also keep spicy brown/deli style around for sandwiches. When I get towards the bottom of a jar of dijon, I'll add some honey, water, olive oil, and shake to make honey mustard salad dressing.

This is the best mustard I've ever tasted. I couldn't stop thinking about this for weeks after I had it. I envy people on the west coast, we can't get this where I live.