What went wrong?

What went wrong?

$3.29 for this.

Sub par quality for the price, not to mention most gas station pizza is almost as good if not better for the cost.

Pretty much, this should be something like 2 for 4 or maybe 5

Not to mention
>want 1 topping?
>dat will be half the cost of one slice of cheese

It was awful and people stopped shopping at malls so much.

Do sbarros exist outside of malls?

LOL! That's what I was thinking. Who goes to a mall to eat besides teenagers?

They started as NYC tourist traps I think, then spread to malls.

Sbarro's are a mall-only chain. I've seen one at a mall food court if that counts though.

having all your locations inside mall food courts is not good marketing

Makes sense I suppose. Honestly if it wasn't for places like 711, WaWa, and other gas stations actually putting effort into the quality of their pizza, I think Sbarro would have a fighting chance as a chain. Sadly, just not anything going for them that others can't offer for less.

They have a couple of stores in Columbus, Ohio.

Looks like a tasty slice of ew ork za

For the price of one slice you can get $5 little caesars hot and ready.

They counted on the fact that the local pizza was worse than theirs. Problem was theirs wasn't good either.

The only time I've ever eaten there was when I was at Hartsfield Jackson airport in ATL, and it was shit. Every other time I had to eat in that section of the airport I just got a burrito or something for the same price. There's no reason to get a shitty slice of pizza when you could get literally anything else for cheaper.

There's one on a highway restztop in Pennsylvania. It's disgusting but after driving 600+ miles to visit family it's special.

overspent on premium high quality ingredients and not enough advertising to break into the global pizza kabbalah

I've literally never seen one outside of an airport.
And even then they're hard to find.

Had this shit once at an airport in Egypt, Hurghada. It seemed okay considering it was Egypt and the airport was basically a large tent, only later I learned that it's an international American chain.

There's a standalone one on 34th Street here in NYC. It even recently got the sign and everything redone, new logo and everything. Bretty gud.

>overspent on premium high quality ingredients
Their pizza tasted like ass

You must have an interesting life or live in a really shitty part of the world to wind up there.

reminds me of the denver airport desu

delete this brother

agreed. their sausage tastes like it's expired, and everything else is just kinda greasy and sloppy and sad.

I had this in moscow, it was pretty shitty. I think it was ""outside"" a mall, as in: it was right on top of an underground mall.

Didn't know it was murrican until I saw it on the office. Don't understand how something like it can be successful

There's a standalone one like a block outside times square iirc. Or at least there was the last time I was in NYC, several years ago.

The sbarro at our local Belgian mall does great business, there are always lines. It's location > quality.

Back when I was a teenager going to malls it was like $2 for a slice and a drink. That was pretty decent. I like the sloppy, greasy, floppy mess of a pizza for what it is and without thinking it's something great or some how better than anything else. Now that myself or any one else avoids shopping malls for fear of being ripped off or mugged, I haven't had it in around 18 years or so.

>Now that myself or any one else avoids shopping malls for fear of being ripped off or mugged
the fuck kind of shopping malls do you go to? do you live in detroit?

Chicago

no 'go 'za

this