1x bottle wild irish
1x 25oz rolling rock
1x more in the fridge
then i'm done forever indefinitely my dudes
cigs too, sick of coughing every day

whatchu drinkin tonight?

whats your favorite drinkin music? tonight for me its titus andronicus

god dammit i'm gonna miss it but holy fuck i'm gonna do it

GOD DAMMIT I KNOW ILL BE BACK BUT FUCK ME RIGHT IM QUITTIN FOR NOW YOU KNOW?

>christmas break is just around the corner
fuck im gonna get wasted every day boys i swear it

it's my birthday today
guess what i'm gonna do

HOW THE FUCK do people sleep without alcohol? Laying in bed and my brain won't shut the hell up. It's bourbon time

How do you even manage to keep alcohol in your house without drinking it? I can't be anywhere near the stuff, I have no self control.

Lads I want a drink but I know I'll get it in the neck if I do

By being active during the day so you're actually tired when you go to bed. Get up, do some physical activity.

So how do you al/ck/ies handle thanksgiving? I normally just fill a hip flask with whatever whiskey I've got lying around and drain it within an hour.

I normally handle it by not being American. Makes it a lot easier.

The wine normally served with the meal is enough to keep me going. Once the meal is over & social obligations are handled then the real drinking can resume.

I'm guessing crazy Smirnoff guy finally kicked the bucket. Haven't seen him in a while.

Shame.

I need to quit drinking but I go through wd. I start at 5 and continue through the night. I don't get like sloppy drunk though.Guessing thanksgiving and holidays wont be the best time to try to stop. Just need to reduce

Having to go to social gatherings where alcohol is everywhere is a quitting alcoholics worst nightmare.

Just turned 21, what should be the first drink I order/alcohol I purchase? I've already made Tequila Sunrises and Gin Fizzs when I was younger and liked both.

No you're not. If you were really going to quit, you'd quit without this one last hurrah bullshit. Don't lie to yourself bitch.

>1x bottle wild irish
>1x 25oz rolling rock
>1x more in the fridge
>then i'm done forever indefinitely my dudes

It doesn't work that way. You have to quit slowly over time. Or you have to sub out for other GABA agonists like benzodiapams.

Try to cut your drinking in half tonight then in half again two nights from now until you get down to one drink a night. Then quit completely.

Polished off a handle last night.
Done for at least two days, hopefully more. I need to give my stomach and liver a break.
Taking my prescriptions more now so hopefully that'll keep me occupied.

Rum and coke

Drinking beer non-stop until Friday evening when I'm due back at work. Fuck Thanksgiving, fuck my family, I just wanna get wasted, order Chinese food delivery and play xbox. Shut out the rest of the world.

Listening to Saigon rock n soul.

Been sober 3 days but my old friend is coming back to town for thanksgiving. Going to get some Seagram's VO and get shitfaced. It's real hard to be sober in this season but I'm going to try and limit it to only special occasions and holidays. That means no drinking home alone.

i have been sober for 10 days but in about 48 hours i am going to have the house all to myself and i am going to drink vodka and beer and smoke a big ol joint. i am looking forward to it, guys...

>genuinely can't tell if these threads are trolling or serious most of the time

its like reading the 'gorilla warfare' copypasta a hundred times but swapping the fanciful claims of physical prowess with drinking stamina

>being american
>being unable to purchase alcohol until you're TWENTY ONE

It's not like you can't get it or it isn't absolutely everywhere

Quitting both at once sounds crazy but works out in the long run.

From my (indirect) experience, the need for cigarettes blots out any other craving.

Not gonna lie to you, 3 months down the line you'll want to test the waters and see if you can drink without hurting yourself. The answer is no.

P.S. I'm hiding the holiday booze in my closet until Thursday. History has proven I will have to go shopping again if I don't hide it.

Any one of us here can speak from experience and say how very real it is. Believe me, I wish it weren't.

Thinking of switching from beer to hard liquor in order to lose weight. I hear clear liquor is better than brown liquor but I hate the taste of it so I'm going to compromise with rye.

Sad but true

Continue.

Continue? Ok. My dad and grandpa were both alcoholics and I'm worried that I'm going to kill myself with this shit.

As an alcohol I've never read anything in these threads where I thought the person was lying. The stuff that makes me double take is only the curiously lightweight posts.

>no drinking home alone.

That's not easy man.

>dui
>on probation
>random alcohol tests
>still drinking

What the fuck? I thought the fear of going to jail for a probation violation would be enough to stop, but I guess not. Man this shit is powerful.

Weed. Alcohol is poison.

4 days sober but at 1 am last night an old friend who I've known for 16 years told me they don't want me in their life any more via text message (unrelated to drinking problem, no one knows I'm an alcoholic). I was starting to feel clearer and better but I'm pretty sure I'm buying a bottle when I finish work today to wallow in misery.

Drinking labatt crystal and listening to the Deftones. Its been a solid evening so far.

You're stronger than that user.
Don't do it.
I believe in you.

go work-out, real hard, til you're covered in sweat and need to sleep.

Its just as exhilirating and alot healthier

had some sober 4-5 day stints

then i realised how much ive fucked my life up and wasted s many opportunities and lost to many friends etc etc etc

then i thought about cutting my arms up again
or getting drunk
so i got drunk

8 months sober. Crashed and burned with a now defunct liver and a month in rehab.

Quit now, it's easier.

I'm a severe alchoholic, but I never understood that cutting thing. The drug thing, yeah. Cutting? I really don't get it. Please explain.

>tfw weed doesn't help me sleep unless its combined with alcohol or benzos

Taking benzos and pot edibles tonight though for a nice 16 hour sleep after binging on kratom and alcohol for 4 days averaging 2-4hours of sleep a night.

Nootropics can help with this but you will get hooked to them as well. Phenibute can get you through and once you're free from alcohol the withdrawal is much easier to handle than alcohol. Still, you have to research and plan it out first.

Count calories. You'll really know the truth then. It's worth it the effort. It'll put everything in perspective.

I lift weights and have a high cardio job and still, though I pack on muscle, I don't lose fat because of the beer and bourbon I drink when I'm not at work or studying.

ive always had mental problems, early abuse in my life, a lot of emotional trauma at a young age, always self harmed as a way to get through problems, when i started to do it it was a tool of punishment for myself, but it slowly changed to be something my life revolved around. had drug and alcohol problems from 13/14 onwards, serious problems with relationships and emotional regulation.
ive not cut for quite a long time now (18 months, think of it as another drug) but when i used to did it, it would be quite extreme, and because it was extreme, it would cause intense pain, and distract my mind from whatever was overwhelming me at the time, due to the pain, having to the treat the wound etc etc. it would bring a very numbing, sensation, a calm in the storm pleasurable in a way. it is very hard to explain without sounding completely batshit insane.

>hard to explain

I think you did a good job explaining it. From your explanation I can see the relationship to drugs and alcohol, my bane, which I didn't before. It's another method of having an activity to distract you from the shit of the world.

Thanks for the explanation. I always wondered.

11:08am at work, all I'm thinking about is getting home and getting shitfaced.

Aussie?

Yeah. Haven't drank in three days, but that intense feeling to get drunk is back already. It's like being horny but instead of sex it's alcohol.

It is okay user, I am your friend. Time will heal the pain very slowly. At least they had the courtesy to tell you they don't want you anymore. Don't worry, they are probably experimenting or some stupid shit and will branch out to talk to you later to tell you how dumb they are. All you have to do is wait. good luck my friend.

One thing very strange for me: When I quit and try to interact with friends and aquaintences, they tell me I'm not "fun" to be around anymore. I try my best, but I have to admit they're right. I just don't have that witty turn of phrase or whimsical outlook on the world anymore. I can't joke around or even have fun. It all just seems to be a world of darkness and discomfort.

Fwiw, I've been drinking regularly for 30 years.

tldr cutting/burning hurts briefly then feels really fucking good and you don't have to pay for it

I'm pretty fucked for my 4 day weekend. My job is the only thing that keeps me from drinking 24/7. I'm really going to be feeling this bender on Monday.

It's not gonna happen, guys. This will be a speed bump but tonight will essentially be a wake for the friendship.

This is it. We've had fallings out in the past but always reconnected, this is the first time I've had them, or anyone, make it patently clear that I am no longer welcome in their life. The message was really clinical. It wasn't angry or anything but it laid out points as to why I was being let go and even wished me well in the future.

It was like being fired from a friendship. Or possibly more aptly, made redundant. I don't have many friends left and this was probably the one of the few remaining I considered the closest.

It really hurt.

I have been drinking since I was 14 years old, now for first time in my life I stopped drinking for 2 weeks, because I "used" to drink alone at least 3 times a week until I would fall asleep.

How the fuck I manage to control my impulse to buy 12 beers or a tequila every fucking time I'm out of my home?

pretty much
once i run out of money again im sure ill end up going back to it

sorry about your loss user. that must be very hard to cope with, a tough pill to swallow
my thoughts are with you user, i empathise

Not to denigrate you, but this was a better explanation.

>tfw got high by myself in first time in years today
>realize how much of an alcoholic I've been the past few years

god damn. I gained 50 pounds in two years once I hit 19. I was a scrawny kid, but jesus.

>tfw 800 in debt and unsure if I'll be able to pay it off before new semester, so can't my 2 day-shifts that I have currently

Only recently been getting holiday heart, too. Shit lasts a day and a half when not drinking.

we are always here for you faggot.

My ankle is sprained out of nowhere. Does drinking make your ankle seem sprained?

stop sitting on your ankle you drunk ass nagger

I don't sit on my ankle and you can say "nigger" here.

Sometimes I get woken up by severe cramp in my calf which makes me limp for days but this is the first time I get ankle pain.

There's no way you faggots drink as much as you day you do. I read some guy would pound a handle of vodka per day plus beers at the end. That's 35 fucking drinks plus beers. Bullshit. Pure bullshit

Working out hard, like lifting heavy weights, gives the same feeling, but it actually benefits you. No joke. I've been lifting heavy for a few years now to stop over eating and digging my nails into my arms until I bleed. You pour yourself into perfecting your form and adding weight to the bar and reveling in the pain of pushing your muscles past their limit. DOMs feel great as well. You won't be able to walk right the next day because of how sore you are. Look into it.

drink more milk

Go to the doctor you poor shit. You can't ignore that. You need to stop. I'm being hypocritical telling you this, but I'd stop in a heart beat if I was in your shoes. That's a wake up call. The debt isn't that bad, don't focus on it. You can pay that off while working on summer break. Get medical attention for your heart. That can kill you easy.

Your hips might be tilted. I got Charlie horses in the night for a while until me tendons and muscles settled. Only years later did I realize that this was bad. That shit was out of alignment. Now I'm constantly fighting my left leg to keep it straight and it fugging hurts to get those muscles and tendons set right. My left foot keeps curling inward and even my left glute shrank compared to my right. Fix it now. Fix your sleeping position and start doing yoga with youtube videos. It'll help ya.

You're wrong and don't understand alcoholism. Read up on it, ya cunt.

>drinking on a weekday
It must be fun not having a job

Dude, alcoholics drink everyday regardless of having work the next day.

If I read up on the wiki page for alcoholism that'll be more reading than you've ever done. I can understand college idiots getting hammered over the weekend nights but even they say their body hurts after 3 days of being plastered. And they're young. There's no way 30 year old men can outdrink 20 year old men and still want to drink the next day.

It's ok to exaggerate, dude. Your wife does it all the time, but at least she admits it.

You're right bro there's no way 30 year old heroin users can out dose casual 20 something user and still want to continue either.

Heroin isn't alcohol you numbnuts, it's an opiate and opiates have an insanely rapid tolerance. There are frat dudebros I knew in college that didn't drink as much as you guys claim to. Stop lying so much or at least admit you write fiction dammit.

Buddy I'm in college taking a science and math heavy course load with geology. I've read chemistry, physics, geo, and math books to the point I'm amazed my eyes don't bleed. You're a fucking pussy if you can't take the time to understand alcohol tolerance and dependency.

Frat bros haven't built up tolerance for years and don't start every day with a couple of shots of hard alcohol to maintain stasis. Frat bros don't get delerium tremors or seizures when they stop drinking.

You're functionally retarded.

why would being in a fraternity beat 10 years of dedicated liver annihilation? I'm not even full blown but give me a gram of cocaine and putting away 15 beers and half a bottle of whiskey in a day is doable and i'm not 25 yet

make more deadbeat friends bro

Dude your such a hardass reading all those books. Maybe you should read a fucking COOKBOOK for once. I bet you eat ramen.

Bro I'm a 24 year old woman and putting away a 1.75L bottle of 100 proof bourbon away in 14 hours no food is ezpz. I'm not even addicted and can easily stop without withdrawal since I normally drink about one or two beers a day.

This guy is just fucking stupid.

>babby's first attempt at trolling

Oh no he tried too hard and made an idiot of himself. Poor babby.

4 years of constant binge drinking isn't enough? Those guys may as well be you but less harshly judged by society because they're still in college.

>10 years
>started drinking at 15
You must be a special case of young alcoholism where your genetics changed to allow your body to cope before you were fully grown.
Or maybe, just maybe, you're a big fat liar.

>h-he hurt my feelings he's a nasty twoll!
Lmao get a life, bookworm. Tell me the last food you cooked and I'll judge whether or not you can stay on Veeky Forums

Tits or gtfo with your bullshit

Bitch checkem, quads demand you show dose tiddays!

I'm not even physically addicted to alcohol, I just like to read about other people's struggles to better understand them and try to give them some encouragement. You don't know about real alcoholism. You don't know about tolerance build up. You don't know how many people function on a handle a day and you've never had to live with a real alcoholic.

Basically you're just stupid. If you don't actually want to put in the effort and read up on it then you're just going to remain ignorant and retarded, you silly fuck.

This is the last (you) I'm giving you.

Bro you're trying too hard. This is some bored high schooler shit. I haven't seen this level of newfaggotry in years.

Thanks for the nostalgia.

Stop fucking replying to him you newfags

I bought a mickey (375mL) of Southern Comfort out of curiosity since I've never had it before and honestly? This shit is horrible and I wanna die. What are some good recipes for this so I can get rid of it without wasting alcohol?

>Southern Comfort
Mix with sweet tea or lemonade until you can tolerate it

Avoid ever buying it again

just coke, SoCo is a joke

Weak damage control

>boring faggot thinks associating with inanimate objects makes him more interesting
how amazing your life must be to be this sad and pathetic, no doubt making threads on thanksgiving because youre that fucking lonely and your life is that fucking pathetic

i find one of the big issues when wding is blood pressure stuff for me. cigs, altho nice, send it even more mental

Well, finally cutting out drinking every day and massively over indulging. Been drinking 2 bottles of wine a night for the past few months and this is it. Today is already dull as fuck but I don't want to kill myself and it is getting expensive.

Any tips for the boredom?

Do AA meetings still happen on thanksgiving? There's one near me every Thursday that I've never gone to, but things have been rough recently...

I have a job, and I'm a student

videogames, sleep