In the market for a coffee maker, any coffee makers Veeky Forums suggests?

In the market for a coffee maker, any coffee makers Veeky Forums suggests?

you could get a french press.

the 20 dollar one one the bottom shelf at walmart (you will know it when you see it) is amazing. i have had mine for years

i already have a french press
i wake up way to damn early to bother with it

What the hell is a drip machine supposed to do to give coffee that "classic taste?"

Same shit as beforeā„¢

Yeah. The classic taste of rancid coffee oils that you can never really clean out of the plastic parts. The only thing they have going for them is convenience. They're great for people who don't have 5 minutes to spare to heat up water and another 2-3 to combine coffee with hot water.

Gaggia espresso machine.

I always was of the opinion that drip/filter coffee was the best, and I often still make it when I want a big coffee that I can sip for ages. But then I got into espresso based coffees and they taste so fuckin gud with proper extraction. Double shot of crema topped espresso pulled into the same amount of hot water is a GOAT coffee. Also it helps if you like tinkering and experimenting with things like the hipster dickhead like me.

Ninja coffee bar...best coffee maker for the price by far.

Bought that exact maker 2 days ago.
That style of pot is GOAT, no spillage when pouring.

Try a Clever dripper, it's less fuss.

For a drip machine the Bonavita models are the cheapest halfway ok ones.

What do you guys think of the aeropress?
Worth the $?

Clever Dripper or Bonavita Immersion Dripper is better in basically every respect.

get this bad boy.
Presto 02811

Except the Aeropress isn't an immersion device.

This. Don't pay big money for a regular drip coffeemaker, unless you're going all the way and getting a restaurant-quality Bunn machine. 20-30 bucks will get you a standard drip machine that'll brew you a quick pot of coffee, no fuss. It's all you need.

Yes it is.

you wake up too early to boil water?

wat?

i hate plastic shit

I have a Keurig with a reusable cup. Works for me.

>i already have a french press
>i wake up way to damn early to bother with it
I get this...
What I do is nuke 4 cups of water in a pyrex measuring cup, and I overkill boil it, like 8 minutes. Meanwhile I take my shower. Then I come out add :60 to the microwave, measure out my coffee grounds, and prep my travel mug with cream and sugar in the bottom (or fill with hot tap water to prewarm). At beep, I do the pourover into the press, stir grounds around twice. Lid on. Then I make my bagged sandwich lunch, and then pour into travel mug, and GO!
I don't clean it til I get home. I swirl out the grounds, and put top rack dishwasher.

I used to have a timer coffeemaker, and it was nice to prep that thing in the evening the nightbeforehand while doing my dinner cleanup. But, the beans hopper broke, and then it just lost it's heating element. Honestly, when I'm in a mega rush, I nuke milk, and just stir in a tsp of Cafe Bustelo instant. Demerara sugar. Cafe con leche/latte to go. It's espresso powder. Or I use Stok iced coffee, and pack a cold travel mug.

So what can I spend under $50 on to make the best tasting coffee possible for the money?

please help me out guys

This one?

I have two and they work great, and cheap too

Probably an Aeropress and a good thermometer or a variable temp electric kettle

French press is a good choice too

no you want this one

OP, wait until next week before you buy. Coffee makers go on sale at Wal mart and you can buy 2 cheapo Mr. Coffees like the user pictured and have a hot standby for if/when it goes bad.
I have this exact same model. Every six months I run apple cider Vinegar through it to make sure the tube that heats it is clean of deposits (there will be deposits if you don't. I can get 3-5 years out of each machine.

TL, DR Mr. Coffee rules

ok, so I'm old and couldn't read that guy's was a black n Decker. My mr. coffee looks just like it, so sue me.

Just get a moka pot

Buy a Techniworm instead and get 30-50 years out of each machine.

And better coffee.

it's the only non unitasker itt, great for male enlargement.

Cold brew the night before, you Mook.

You call that a radar screen?