Vegan Thanksgiving

Did you know Claimjumper's Dutch apple pie is vegan?

Did you know Gardein tastes way better than turkey?

Did you know Earth Balance tastes better than butter?

Did you know you can easily veganize probably everything you eat on Thanksgiving, and probably make it taste better in the process?

Did you know it was this easy to not fund animal abuse like this?: www.butterballabuse.com

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/#b26-permj17_2p0061
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26657045
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

P.S.

Sorry for potentially ruining Thanksgiving to any cool people reading this who care about animals but already made conflicting plans. But at the same time, not really because pic related.

ima get some tofurky

Did you know you are a fag?

Did you know no one likes your shitty vegan substitutes?

Did you know you should just kill yourself?

Just because something can't scream doesn't mean you're not putting it under duress and ultimately destroying it. You seem to care about animals, why don't you care about all organisms? Plants are all alive and you're killing them, you're nothing but a hypocrite who has selective ways of feeling good about themselves.

Everything you said is a lie. The only good vegan recipes are foods that everyone eats that just happen to be vegan

>but already made conflicting plans

shut up you autistic vegan, none of you come here to discuss "going vegan" or shit like that you just came to shitpost your shitty lifestyle

>Did you know Gardein tastes way better than turkey?
>Did you know Earth Balance tastes better than butter?
>Did you know you can easily veganize probably everything you eat on Thanksgiving, and probably make it taste better in the process?
No it doesn't, no it doesn't, and no you can't. No one is joining your cult. Fuck off.

As someone who buys both real cultured butter AND Earth Balance, you can go eat a bag of dicks, real butter will ALWAYS taste and cook and perform superior. The only reason I buy both is because after years as a chef, my doctor makes me pick and choose my battles.

Nice. Will it be your first time or have you tried it before? I think it's best the day after, when it's cold and sliced really thin. So good. My meat eating family likes it fresh out of the oven too. But IDK, something about it being cold and thinly sliced makes it taste so much better.

Do you really think that pic has any affect on omnivores? We don't have the mental illness that you have, so go fucking stuff yourself, vegan trash.

not sure if subtle troll or just an idiot

Did you know that it's actually you who is the fag and it's made clear by you projecting fagginess onto others who are clearly not faggy at all?

Did you know that yes they do and the meat eaters I know have freezers literally packed with Gardein because they say it taste better than meat? Did you know that it's not just me saying these products taste better - but I have heard that from countless meat eaters without provocation?

Did you know that I will probably live a longer life than you due to my superior vegan diet?

Did you know that it's actually you who is the fag and it's made clear by you projecting fagginess onto others who are clearly not faggy at all?

Did you know that yes they do and the meat eaters I know have freezers literally packed with Gardein because they say it taste better than meat? Did you know that it's not just me saying these products taste better - but I have heard that from countless meat eaters without provocation?

Did you know that I will probably live a longer life than you due to my superior vegan diet?

Did you know that you should go suck a fat one, because jizz probably tastes really good to you and is healthier than most of the shit you eat?

butter is good for your health, avoid vegetable oils and PUFAs
if you're interested check out Ray Peat.

>Did you know Claimjumper's Dutch apple pie is vegan?
Irrelevant.

>Did you know Gardein tastes way better than turkey?
Opinion, most likely a poorly constructed one.

>Did you know Earth Balance tastes better than butter?
Opinion, but wrong. Nothing's better than freshly churned butter.

>Did you know you can easily veganize probably everything you eat on Thanksgiving, and probably make it taste better in the process?
>you can easily veganize probably everything
Absolute bullshit. Besides price, some thing are difficult to find. Also, irrelevant.
> make it taste better
Opinion, also bullshit.

>Did you know it was this easy to not fund animal abuse like this?
Wrong. Also, fallacy.

Get fucked.

>Did you know that I will probably live a longer life than you due to my superior vegan diet?
Not supported by dietitians, also some of them argue against it and most doctors abhor it.

definitely a troll

not that subtle

No, you probably won't live longer because you probably think that a numerous amount of trendy eating habits are actually good for you.
Fact of the matter is that everyone has a different body with different inherited genetics living in a different environment and because of these factors each person requires a personalized diet. We should all strive to eat a balanced, clean, and healthy diet that works for us. Your problem is that you can't think straight, probably due to the lack of balance in your diet and malnourishment, and think that there's a super diet that will save all sentient beings whilst completely avoiding the fact that plants are too, you fucking faggot.

Coming from someone who refuses to try vegan food like a stubborn little baby.

What would you like to discuss about it?
>Nothing, I just wanted to shitpost.
WELL THEN.

>Calling veganism a cult when meat eaters literally eat the flesh and secretions of tortured animals without need and get extremely defensive when their traditions are called out for being shitty.
Hmmm.

Liar. Butter smells like vomit. Earth Balance is heaven.

>mental illness
You mean empathy and logic? And I will stuff myself, because my food is delicious.

You came to the wrong neighborhood, buddy, to try and pass off such blatant lies and self delusion. Go back wherever you came from and don't look back, because we're an army of normal omnivores that will eat you for lunch and pick our teeth with your bones.

Why do vegans insist their food tastes better, or that you can't tell the difference?

A vegan cunt once gave me the worst, crumbliest, driest, blandest chocolate chip cookie I've ever eaten. I didn't say anything because it was a free cookie, but then I had to listen to her gloat about how she had 'fooled' me with her terrible cookie.

Keep using the animal abuse angle. That's something. Not being able to tell the difference is just a lie vegans tell themselves.

LOLLLL WHAT LOW CARB HEALTH GURU BLOG DID YOU READ THAT FROM?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3662288/#b26-permj17_2p0061

No, I mean mental illness, as in you need therapy and serious medication. You're fucked in the head. I know you won't understand this, because of your mental health issues, but you need to seek help.

>Did you know that I will probably live a longer life than you due to my superior vegan diet?
sure thing mane
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26657045

People compliment me on my vegan cooking all the time without provocation - even the most critical of people. My cookies are chewy on the inside, slightly crispy on the outside. Perfection. Obviously some vegans suck at cooking.

My sister sucks at cooking and before I went vegan myself I thought vegan food was terrible. But when I finally did, it was incredible. I finally truly enjoyed eating.

>Liar. Butter smells like vomit

Okay, you are seriously insane. I feel very sorry for anyone who has to be around you. Your views on food are so stupidly fucked, you must be an absolute pain in the ass for anyone to be around. Not only are you wrong, but you're so adamant in your completely wrong opinions that you should surely know that everyone hates you.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26657045
"vegetarians and vegans had ∼10% lower all-cause mortality,"

Okay I lied, it doesn't smell like vomit. My vomit smells way better than butter - possibly because I fill my stomach with delicious vegan food.

Omnivores won't understand, but vegans who have been vegan longer than 1 or 2 years understand how bad butter reeks, and tastes (accidentally took a bite of a non-vegan butter roll about two years ago and had to brush my teeth and down a glass of grapefruit juice and wash my hand three times to get the smell and taste and nasty fatty residue off and out of me).

You're accustomed to the garbage, so you don't understand how vile it really is.

I'm killing my own turkey this year. I'm breaking it's neck tomorrow, and I'm going to have my son help me skin and clean it.

Because of this thread, I'm going to stuff the turkey with a couple of baby chicks. I don't even know if you're supposed to eat them. But I got them, and I'm going to do it.

Can you try not to rub how beta you are in everyone's faces?

That image is seriously disgusting and I'm not even close to vegetarian.

You are now.

Why are there people in this world who can't stand the idea of putting food in their bodies without attaching some moral imperative to it? OP is a fucking faggot.

I'm probably having a grilled chicken sandwich later on if I stop by the library

it's a combination of the weird folds and the "hairy" flesh

I used to get a similar feeling from romanesco and I'm not a carnivore either

/blog

But for real OP should get off their high horse saying that a particular range of fairly recently improvised recipes is guaranteed to be objectively more enjoyable to all strangers.

Just make the suggestions, ask for more, and get on with it. Seems counterproductive to bring that attitude to the table while trying to sell an idea.

>Why are there people in this world who can't stand the idea of putting food in their bodies without attaching some moral imperative to it
what are chinese then?

Is this entire board made up of edgy 13 year olds?

You torture animals for trivial desires that don't even taste very good. Are you retarded?

As a chinese person, the culture is fucking insane m8

so wait like

why are vegans against dairy?

Cheese I get cause rennet, but why milk/cream/butter?

Do they not get that dairy is the only reason those cattle are alive?

Do they not understand that not getting milked puts the cow under horrible pain?

The chinese would kill and eat human babies if an old shaman told them making a tea of it's penis would cure their cold

Well sorry it's just realllllyyyy hard for me to believe that if people tried proper vegan food, that they would ACTUALLY think animal based food tastes better.

Also my opinion has been backed up by all the meat eaters I've ever known saying things like Gardein and Earth Balance, etc., taste better than the animal based shitty alternatives. They only remain meat eaters because of society - restaurants, work dinners, etc.

>Don't taste very good
Okay man, whatever makes you feel better as you eat your retarded diet while loudly trying to convince everyone that you're clearly the better human being as they attempt to enjoy thanksgiving dinner.

sir, the cow is raped by a sodomite to make the madam cow pregnant
then when madam cow gives birth, the rape-man comes back and steals the poor cow baby boy
then the rape-man rapes and murders the poor baby cow boy son :( *sob* *baka*

>uses umbrella term shaman
>denying the fact that TCM is ancient for one reason
>it works
your ignorance is showing mister america

You need to ditch this black and white thinking.
False dichotomies are not helpful. It's not a matter of one "side" being altogether better than the other. Each has its merits.

There is a fair amount of vegetarian or even vegan food that I enjoy, but until we have perfect lab-grown meat they're simply not going to be the same thing.

I will continue to enjoy the full range of flavors and textures available until I am robbed of my life or autonomy.

What you're displaying isn't even elitism, it's just ridiculous.

If cauliflower felt pain, cauliflower and cheese would likely still be delicious unless the factors allowing for it substantially changed the composition. Similarly, if meat were grown without its source having any conscious or sensory experience it could probably taste just as good. Try again without the fallacies.

Oh, you sweet innocent soul.

Those cattle are bred to overproduce milk, causing them to go lame at a small fraction of their natural life, and once they do that they're off to be slaughtered.

Those cattle are abused throughout their lives and have their babies taken from them immediately after birth, or their babies are restricted from nursing through piercings and muzzles. There have been police reports from neighbors of dairy farms because the cows are so loud mourning the loss of their calves - it happens the same time each year. Each year the cows are artificially inseminated through a worker shoving their arm up the cow's ass and inserting a rod into her vagina - on what is literally called a "rape rack" by the industry, then have their babies taken away from them, often to become veal - the process of which involves restraining the calves so they can barely move and feeding them a deficient diet.

Those cows also produce massive amounts of methane gas and feces, destroying the environment. Part of why animal agriculture is the number one cause of anthropogenic climate change.

And those cows would be getting milked by their babies if they weren't stolen from them. And those cows still suffer horrible pain from being milked.

And this is just a brief summary.

www.theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/animals

>www.theradicalvegan.tumblr.com/animals
what a factual, non-biased source of knowledge you have there
respect

anthropomorphization

>theradicalvegan
>tumblr
Noice.

If you actually clicked it you'd see a ton of undercover investigations. Inarguable evidence.

kys

Nigga that's just a picture of a skinned hoof

The funniest part is that this ad hominem isn't even the strongest "argument" against that retard

like those holohoax websites, gnome sayin'?

I have over a 4.0 in college and an IQ of 160. I am probably smarter than everyone on this board put together. Just because you don't understand someone doesn't automatically make them stupid.

>it works
>implying
So do sugar pills

TCM exists because it's a huge industry bilking the elderly and idiots out of money as "certified medicinal shops" sell poor quality or false ingredients. It's the worst kind of hoodoo bilk.

>cows suffer pain from being milked
>in fucking plying

Most calves are fed out to become steers, not veal

Milking doesn't hurt the cow

Large Scale vegetarian farming produces MORE greenhouse gases and is WORSE for the environment, for a LOWER calorie yield than traditional farming

the stuff about the anal rape and constant pregnancy, now that's true.

How much the cows care emotionally about their young being taken away, that's debatable.

What isn't debatable is your diet is self absorbed first world nonsense, born of a people too BORED to have anything better to do and too WELL FED by all that agricultural industry you hate to even conceive of the fact that if their diet ever became anything more than a niche behavior for kooks, millions would die. Worse, the move towards "natural" pesticides is causing a resurgence of vermin that is harming the health and quality of crops. WORSE, PRODUCING ALL THE VEGETABLES REQUIRED BY VEGANS AND VEGETARIANS IS PRODUCING *MORE* GREENHOUSE GASES AND METHANE TO BE RELEASED BECAUSE THEY NEED SO MUCH FERTILIZER

If nothing else, your food is touched by industrial cow shit. So not even "vegan" food is really vegan.

God, meat eaters are so weak. They can't even acknowledge undercover investigations are real when they share the name and location of the farm, and even have lawsuits against them.

Ok cool nice edick senpai but that means nothing here and does nothing to support the significance of any of your claims.

I understand you. I didn't call you stupid, retard is generally used in a colloquial sense.

To anthropomorphize is irrational.

"Oh no we can't have that power outlet removed to knock down the wall, it resembles a face uwu"

The amount of idiocy/lying in this post causes me physical pain. I stopped reading after "that's debatable". Too much idiocy for me for now, sorry. I'll try to be patient and respond to people like you seriously another day.

You're a fag

You're probably baiting, but on the off chance you aren't:

Please, as a fellow vegan, I ask you to stop posting. You're doing way more harm than good. Seriously. Your posts are making me consider chomping down on some nice juicy meat just to spite you.

If you really can't leave or stop posting, at least stick to the animal abuse angle. And drop the fucking condescension and stop shilling your blog.

t. vegan

Do it, go buy yourself a nice juicy slab of meat and have a bbq or something

You're what I call a weak vegan. You probably haven't been vegan for more than 6 months, and are clearly still in the apologetic vegan stage - desperately trying to relate to meat eaters, and as a result unconsciously making a joke of the cause. That "respect" meat eaters feign for you is merely tolerance for you not making them feel bad about themselves. They don't actually respect you, and your methods will never get them to go vegan.

I mean I could play politician and claim I can see how people think butter tastes good - but deep down I'm thinking it tastes fucking putrid. I'd rather be honest and risk sounding ridiculous to people who don't understand, than a sugarcoating apologist who lies to placate meat eaters.

And I make no money from my blog. It's purely a public service and saves a lot of time copying and pasting. Would you rather a link to a blog or have the entire thread spammed with the same exact information?

No one ever respects vegans for being vegans apart from other vegans.

You are a faggot.

Stop shilling and shitting up Veeky Forums

go butter your balls and abuse them
4/10, 1 for making me reply and 3 for making 18 other people reply

I'm a girl. And I'm not a troll. You just have trouble accepting reality.

You stopped reading just before the real arguments came up and you got rekt. How convenient.

Also, I grew up on a farm, almost my entire family on both sides are farms, and my childhood home is next to a dairy farm and just down the road from there is a chicken house. I also know plenty of people who raise animals, cows included, for slaughter. Hell we even had our fair share but those were for mostly private use.

Pretty much everything you mentioned is not true from everything I have personally witnessed. Sure, stuff like that probably goes on at huge places but it isn't the norm and anytime that much money is changing hands there is going to be corners cuts and there is going to be corruption plain and simple and it is certainly not limited to the food industry.

There are factory complexes in China the size of cities where people work, eat, and sleep and never leave. They even have fucking nets on the windows to keep people from trying to kill themselves.

I feel much worse for those people than any of the animals I cared for and raised to be slaughtered and eaten by my family.

Stopped reading when you claimed "I grew up on a farm". I worked with many farmers and my family has farmers. And guess what I learned from that?

Farmers lie a fucking lot.

Stop trying to confuse people, shill.
Everything I said was either standard practice or extremely common (noted by the word "often").

I really don't have the patience to address all your lies and idiocy tonight. It honestly hurts my brain because I would have to write so much to debunk what you're saying and I know it's not worth it because this is Veeky Forums and the mods will probably delete my posts soon anyway because they like to censor vegans.

>stopped reading before the part agreeing about corruption
You're not even trying anymore

You're goddamn right. I'm going to bed - done with you fuckheads tonight.

>Earth Balance tastes better than butter
Calling bullshit on that. Butter is used in very nearly everything I make because it's simply superior in every way to anything derived from plant oil. Also, you're a species traitor who desecrates the efforts of humanity's ancestors that moved our bloodline from prey to predator.

Thank christ you whiny instigating cunt.

>guess what I learned from that? Farmers lie a fucking lot.

You do realize that everything you eat comes from a farm and most likely comes from small family owned farms like mine, right? We didn't raise animals to sell. The only animals we had were pets or for personal consumption.

I don't acknowledge an animal can be abused
Abuse is a term for humans

>Gardein tastes better than turkey
Great I'm going to add it to my turkey
>Earth balance tastes better than butter
Great I'm going to add it to my butter

Any more recommendations my vegan friedn?

Kudos to being an anemic vegetarian but all meat substitutes are highly processed disgusting foods that your body will struggle with to digest. Earth balance is oil and water with artificial flavors and a chemical emulsifier to bind them together. Butter is milk fat and cream. It's much easier to digest and process. Same as meat in moderation. If this is the shit fuel you put in your body then you're gonna have a bad time. I'm Happy And healthy with meat and fresh vegetables. You're a walking corn byproduct.

(You)

Tofu is literally just bean curds
Tempeh is fermented beans
combining different whole foods such as black beans and rice or kidney beans with wheat, will also give you complete proteins, rendering substitute foods obsolete.

I'm talking about Gardein, Morningstar and Tofurky. Tempeh and Tofu are hundreds of years old and made naturally. The meat substitutes are disgusting lab created foods. They use methyl cellulose, xanthan and other gums and emulsifiers to bind them. Meat and butter are natural as fuck even less processed than Tofu. If you want to eat meat, just eat meat. We are omnivores, with canines in our mouth, our bodies are built to break it down. It's like bread, store bought bread is so processed it's disgusting and lasts two weeks in a bag. Real bread without dough conditioners lasts one day before getting hard. It's not gluten people are having issues with, it's processed foods. This isn't hard to understand. If people want to take an ethical stance because they are animal lovers, more power to them. Just quit acting like it's a healthier alternative, because it isn't.

I agree. Although. There are a lot more processed meat products than vegan meat substitutes, and even 'clean' meat might contain meat glue and/or slurry, have additives, been injected with saline and have artificial coloring. It's not as simple as avoiding 'processed' foods anymore.

One thing I don't get is why go VEGAN. Why not stay vegetarian? There's lots of local farms where 'the lovely animal friends' are living decently, roaming about freely, having company and friends, if you're worried that 'booohooo capitalist farms use machinery to torture poor animals to make them produce and they live in compartments worse than Auschwitz'. C'mon now, why go vegan? You're just unnecessarily depriving your body of nutritious elements.

To all our vegan friends I would like to inform you I just bought 2 pounds of high quality steak and a whole 6 pound chicken
I will make myself a steak for lunch and then during the afternoon I will revoke the chicken completely and i will fry the breasts and marinate the right with my own secret recipe
This will provide enough meat for a week

True that

And that right there is the average vegan. Obnoxious wanting to project there insecurities on everyone else. Don't get mad at other people not wanting to be a part of your weird mentally ill hipster trend diet. By the way your already a hippocrite. Scientists have already proven that plants feel pain very similar to how humans and most animals. So when your eating that salad it's actually screaming in horrific agony. Want you to think about that.

Because rational thought has no place online, especially not Veeky Forums. You're either a sinless vegan or you're an evil animal abuser who tortures animals personally. There is no middle ground here.

That being said, I agree with you 100%. You don't have to reject eating meat in order to avoid factory farming. I prefer to do so regardless of animal rights issues simply because factory farmed meat doesn't taste very good compared to either hunting wild game or dealing with small local farms.

Actually some vegan meals are good if you add meat to them
I like those sticky sweet potato nuggets but I like them more with a pan fried chicken thigh

In there tiny minds they think they can make any form of wheat germ or or whatever taste like the real thing. News flash it doesn't. Plus if they hate meat so much why do they try to emulate constantly. Even vegans are struggling with there bullshit diet.

fuck yeah, black bean burgers cooked in bacon fat with bacon are the best

Keep telling yourself that. Nine times out of ten most family and friends won't give you approximate criticisms. Also considering how obnoxious you are I doubt they want to hear for an hour about "how wrong you are!" And "my food is delicious!". Your that guy everyone just wishes silently you would fuck off.

I don't get the point of bean burgers when falafel is a thing

I like using a large portabello mushroom cap. They're fucking delicious (and I'm not vegetarian or vegan)

I don't know I had both and so far the absolute best meat was factory farmed but in a restaurant owned by the factory that got the absolute best cuts

Just make stuffed mushrooms instead
Mix some ground beef with some ground pork, sausage or bacon for extra flavor

I love stuffed mushrooms but why not enjoy both ways? A large portabello cap cooked on the grill is fucking delicious.

When I stuff mushrooms I usually go for the mid-size ones since they are more "bowl" shaped. For the filling I cook bacon, chicken hearts, shallots, and thyme with the chopped-up stems I scooped out of the caps. Pack the filling inside the caps, egg-wash and panko just the "stuffing side", then deep-fry them. Delicious. But not mutually exclusive to a nice large cap treated like a burger.

I don't buy mushrooms so often because they are expensive here
Making a mushroom burger seems like a waste to me since you can get an actual beef burger instead for cheap
If I get my hands on some fine mushrooms I'm making something better

>without provocation

shit i'm vegan and you sound like the most annoying cunt ever
why are you cooking vegan meals for meat eaters, stop trying to convert other and live your lifestyle for yourself not others

Did you know a vegan diet goes against evolution and you are essentially on the same level as an Alabama hick preaching creationism?

Good quality beef is significantly more expensive than a portabello cap in my area. Yeah the cheap-ass ground beef is cheaper, but who wants that?

I don't really trust the butcher to really ground my meat and not sell me the usual shit and lie to my face
And i don't grind at home so I'm stuck with that shit

>I don't really trust the butcher to really ground my meat

Why not? You can watch him work.