How does one reset their palate?

I intend to spend all of December on unseasoned steamed veg and pan seared chicken with only water to drink. Will this allow me to have a neutral palate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NelIXCuuSZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kill yourself

Will that reset my palate?

>pan seared chicken
Retard
youtube.com/watch?v=NelIXCuuSZ0

>Trashman losing weight

I'm doing this to clean slate on flavors/reduce burnout from shitty food. It's a flavor thing.

His advice still applies. Taste is like hearing, eyesight, any other sense. Stop overstimulating it and it becomes more sensitive to finer detail. Avoid fat, slat, sugar (that includes fruits, nuts, other natural concentrated sources of these things) for several weeks, and you will naturally become more attuned to the trace presence of these things in other foods. Vegetables will have complex flavors to you, etc. It's pretty simple.

I stopped eating stuff that's overly processed, sweetened, and packed with sodium a while ago and came to like natural foods much more than before. Fruits, for instance are now taste way sweeter to me than they did.

Now I'm trying to cut down on seasonings to better appreciate the taste of the actual food, so we'll see how that goes.

Basically, just cut out junk food for a while and you'll see some differences.

For Palette 5 or superior
>Open Settings
>Open "Palete"
>Select the "Flavors and Gestures" Tab
>Go to "Advanced"
>Click on "Reset Palate's flavor history" and OK
You may have to enter some food in the UFL to see is the cookies got deleted (if you did not it will autocomplete), if not you must check the "Cookies" box (It's under the "Good taste" box; do not check that one) over your "Reset flavor history" button

If you use iPalate
>Kill yourself

Do people really need to do a reset to appreciate the basic flavour of food?

I guess I'm lucky I never really liked overly seasoned and complicated food and drink.

underrated post

no, it'll activate your almonds, though

Two and a half weeks is pretty much how long it takes. That's how long it took me to start enjoying food again when I went vegan. Everything tasted like cardboard for the first two weeks, then halfway through the second food tasted good again.

It might take a little longer for you, because steamed veg and pan seared chicken everyday sounds much worse than going vegan.

>halfway through the second
meant to type "halfway through the third"

If you place both your index finger and your thumb on each side of the toungue, while with the other hand touch the tip of tongue. Then give a squeeze for 15 seconds.
Palates reset.

You already stated you're a vegan, after that no one cares what you meant to say

Just have some sorbet you dumb fuck.

These days I'm an omnivore who manages to control his tendency toward high cholesterol with a mostly (but not entirely) vegan diet. It works.

Kek
How does that work?

You can reset your pallet drinking seltzer water or pellegrino, perrier. You don't have to do a special diet for it sir.

I find it useful to just stick a pen tip into the tiny hole under my tongue to push the button.

Do I need to hold it down, or can I just press it?

Kek'd