>this is like my mom used to make
>what are your plans for...
>are you mad about something?
>I'm so shocked after the election
>you in school?
>working?
>where do you see yourself in 10 years
>I have these activity cards used to start conversations
Why do people insist on talking the whole time while eating? Is the concept of "eat now, talk any other time" so foreign?

>autism

Just let them Talk, nod friendly and make some approving mhm Sounds.

What pisses me of is when I'm cooking and people talk to you the whole time. They don't help or even ask, but since you are stuck in the kitchen it's perfect time for them to spill all their bullshit into your ears.

Good, good, can't complain, glad you like it etc

I haven't done this in years but my answers were always short

Because they're often eating with virtual strangers, including family, and are so insecure and uncomfortable they can only deal with it by having constant banter.

I fucking love eating in silence.

>this is what autists actually believe

Sounds like an anxiety ridden NEET all right. Used to be like you, then I got a job, experienced a lot of good and bad, and now I'm in college while working on the side. None of that bothers me any more.

Maybe your family just sucks. Mine is fairly well educated and successful enough to be middle class. We all share similar enough values that differences can be solved with understanding conversation. You really get to learn about other people's perspectives.

Too bad your either living in fear or anger.

This is pretty pathetic

if you dont wanna talk to people why do you even eat with them in the first place? go eat out alone.

Sounds like youre still insecure about if not still experiencing these exact issues, autismo

>Why do people insist on talking the whole time while eating? Is the concept of "eat now, talk any other time" so foreign?

Nigga i wish my family would be the least bit socially competent.

i precisely hate eating out with my family because they have nothing of interest to talk about, our table is quiet as fuck and it's just thoroughly embarrassing compared to the other families and groups of friends.

i think the worst time was when we were in an italian restaurant, and we're the only goddamned asians in the restaurant.

Sounds nice to me. I don't find things embarrassing, sticking out or not being like everyone else isn't something I try for but doesn't bother me.

Tell them their smalltalk is so stale that you couldn't even make french toast with it.

Maybe because they actually care about how you are doing and dinner is a social event?

>tfw too late to back out of 2 fucking days with my shit family

fuck me I should have made an excuse about a roommate's thanksgiving or something

convo isn't the problem, it's my parents being alcoholics who will piss themselves and stumble around spouting nonsense from 6 pm to 10 pm, as they do everyday, the difference being i'll be present for it

>We're the only Asians in the restaurant.

I don't understand how that will be a problem.

Just add sleeping pills to their drinks, watch them pass out, finish cooking, eat by yourself, take the leftovers home and never talk to them again.

Leave a note telling them they should really learn to control their drinking, and that you were really looking forward to this thanksgiving with them, but they had to let you down again, to boot.

Autismus Maximus saves the day again

>wow user your hair is looking a lot thinner
Thanks a lot, dickface

>Not just cutting it off.