Sriracha

What was 2016's meme food?

kale

honey sriracha

old news, brussel sprouts are on an upswing, but may already be old news tho

bread

fried brussel sprouts are good, im surprised quinoa hasnt gotten a mention

The McChicken.

2012-2015, I disagree with this list entirely aside from the neverending bacon trend, which was a thing. Sriracha peaked long before any of these years but the movie about it was in 2013. I'd sub in kale, coconut water, kombuncha, and the wild crazy pumpkin spice month products, from pumpkin spice shredded wheat to pumpkin spice rum for 2015
>What was 2016's meme food?
Might be savory yogurt flavors like noosa blackberry w/serrano or , yogurt with ancient grains mixed in already, or maybe it won't catch on like wildfire until 2017, I gotta say though I love some lebnah in a restaurant, I'm not ready to buy sun dried tomato basil yogurt.
Maybe 2016 was avocado toast?

Look at Google trends guy, these are real food trend peaks based on the year.

Bowls.

Pho.

Creme fraiche is definitely on the meme comeup

Big Red and Barbacoa, mark my words.

Sushirrito/poke. I've seen a good 4-5 places open up in the last month or two.

Hi Tieu is where it's really at.

It is the best fast food sandwich.

This. At least in California. 4 new places in my area now serve bowls of raw fish. And Mexican snack shops that sell the kind of shit in all those horrible webms along with juices and sweets. Three of those in my area in the last six months

>2015
>sriracha

It was way before that.

I'd say 2015 was adding an egg to everything

Go za

>Look at Google trends guy, these are real food trend peaks based on the year.
It's just your interpretation of the data. Don't forget Sriracha was a documentary movie long after it was a food meme.

>I'd say 2015 was adding an egg to everything
Indeed. And, a good example that a google search trend is nothing to do with restaurant menus.

kale, hands down

This.

PROTIP: If you see anything on those shitty facebook cooking videos, it's a meme.

Just you wait and see.

maybe if you live in the midwest like me. I took my mom out for it this year and it was the first she had heard of it

Not really a food, but those shitty facebook videos of people mixing shit in bowls.

I fucking hate them, and often for no good reason.

Poke Bowls. You'll always have 1 that's mind blowing but for the most part they are underwhelming and over priced.

Kale is more 2013. I'd actually say it's dying a bit this year, it's half the price of romaine in my city now.

Kohlrabi is rising up, though.

Sorry, meant moringa*

Fucking mango

It's definitely avocado, what're you talking about

You guys are all so behind.

>Coffee In A Cone Is About To Be The Next Big Food Craze

pho, 'go 'za, or anything that was not originally a burrito that has been made into a burrito

>Unlike avocado toast, you don’t simply slather mashed sweet potato on a slice of organic sprouted multigrain. The sweet potato IS the toast. Kinda trippy, huh? But I’m a skeptic, and the idea of popping a slice of raw sweet potato directly into a toaster or toaster oven and ending up with something remotely good sounds like wishful thinking.

>It seems the newest trend in food as arrived and it’s multicolored. With the debut of the Rainbow Grilled Cheese a few weeks back, folks were bummed it was only available in Hong Kong. Not so much the case any longer as Chomp Eatery has unveiled their own version of the colorful dish.

>The LA-based restaurant is calling this one a Unicorn Melt.

Why the fuck does it matter?

Are all of you underaged facebook tourists?

>Trendinista: Foodies’ latest find: tinned fish
>Sushi joints and raw bars still rule, but some serious eaters now get their kicks from cans

im not underaged

Poke

Definitely poke.

WHY
IT DOESNT TASTE ANY DIFFERENT
BUT PROBABLY COSTS 3 TIMES AS MUCH

REEEEE

Good. He'e is fuggin delicious. There's an Italian place that does amazing seafood salad near me that started making poke since he already had the ingredients. It's off menu but he gives it to me for free since he's buddies with my cousin. Heading over there after lifting weights makes being a full time student with a demanding part time job bearable.

SALTED CARAMEL

>Bugs — It's What's for Dinner
>A pot luck–style dinner at the house of local edible-bug blogger Aly Moore served as an introduction to eating insects for about a dozen people. The menu featured mealworm Massaman curry, smoked cricket avocado toast, cricket powder–infused lentils and dessert-ish cricket-cajeta cookies.

Is it good though?

(desu i kind of hope eating bugs takes off, i've heard nothing but good things about them nutritionally and would love to get in on this trend without being ostracized by my friends)

Fuck tacos. All year long I've seen normies on Facebook posting about HURR TACO TUESDAY and I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BRING ME TACOS and GET YOU A MAN WHO'LL FEED YOU TACOS.

This.
>DUDE CHIPOTLE/TACOBELL/ELTACOPLACE LMAO

REEE TACOS ARE POISON REEE REEE

REE

REEEEEE TACOS

easily Poke. i'm from bumfuck, nowhere with about 5 chain restaurants that's it and even i've heard a bunch about them. i bet its insufferable the big cities.

>tfw i complain but still wanna try it

jesus fucking christ. whoever writes those taglines should be drawn and quartered

Get it from a good place with fresh seafood and you'll be good. I live in the Chicago area but the Italian place I spoke of earlier gets shipments of fresh seafood from the east coast so I go on days I know it arrives. Gotta be fresh.

Poke bowls

In the past months several poke bowl joints opened in my area and 3 of which are less than five miles apart from each other it's ridiculous.

You're all too blinded to see what's been in front of you the whole time

I swear to Jesus I'm going to actually order a couple of those and see what the fuss is about.

I'm a Veeky Forums noob. What the hell is poke?

I'm so sick of hearing about tacos, I really am.

HURR TYPE @M AND THE FIRST NAME THAT COMES UP HAS TO BUY YOU TACOS!!!

For me its the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

Avocado

2016's meme food is veganism as a whole

Which year was the year of the cronut? Here in Nashville people went apeshit over these things this year but I feel like cronuts were a thing long before then.

hahaha there are so many spelling errors in that search query :D

underrated post

How do you order a shitpost?

never seen a meme of it but this year in los angeles that hawaiian poke was really popular.

everything made of cauliflower

apparently it's a decent source of "dietary fiber", a "vital nutrient".......AKA monsanto chemtrail vitamins

What the fuck if you replaced the 1 in any of these with a 0 it might have been semi-accurate.

This board has always been "foods I found out other people like once I turned 18 and now I'm going to call them hipster while everyone just eats them because I prefer chicken nuggers"

Anyways if you wanted hipster shit that actually regained popularity all around America

2012: Asian-Mexican fusion
2013: Vegan/veggie fast casual
2014: Middle Eastern Street Food
2015: Cuban-fusion which was the 2nd place runner the previous 3 years
2016: Standard Burger and Hot Dog place without pretension +5 dollars

>meme food thread
>full of suggestions from years ago
Do you people live in caves?

>Gender Reveal Cake
Do I want to know what that is?

food in tender form

You invite a bunch of people over and cut into the cake to show either blue or pink on the inside to reveal your coming child's gender.

It's fucking stupid.

that sounds fun idk what your issue is

Are we forgetting Pizza?
Haven't we all seen those countless memes on Facebook on the lines of "I may be single, but at least I have pizza"

I'd put money on 2017 being:

Bibimbap, kimchi, pho. Otherwise:

French food as a whole will make a very big come back in 2017 or 2018. Compared to the current trend of bowls, poke, burritos, etc. I think a lot of people will gravitate to french food because it is tasty, wonderfully coloured, and cultural (you gotta look sophisticated ya Bohemians).

Cold brew. Cold brew everywhere.

Pizza is versatile though. All of the aforementioned items are pretty standard and there isn't much that can be done with them

I haven't seen that meme forced on anyone, though.

FWIW, cold brew is waaaay better tasting and more effective at perking people up than those high-calories Basic Bitch drinks (PSLs)

That looks pretty good though 2bh.

It seems like that was mainly an east coast thing.

In the UK the meme foods are a toss up between:

The whole "Clean Eating" thing, championed by Hemsley and Hemsley and Deliciously Ella et al. Things like organic bowls with kale, black beans and tahini, and raw energy snack things made with dates and almonds and stuff that are actually pretty nice. Lots of cafes and books based around this.

Burgers. Every city has a million new burger places...that and pulled pork. People in the miserable grey urban UK trying to constantly replicate a Jack Daniels advert. Does my head in. Its fucking ubiquitous.

Liquid nitrogen ice cream, but I think it'll be bigger in 2017.

>Bibimbap
That looks pretty good. Those pickled (?) carrots are usually just the perfect sweetness, and crunchy too.

>The whole "Clean Eating" thing, championed by Hemsley and Hemsley and Deliciously Ella et al. Things like organic bowls with kale, black beans and tahini, and raw energy snack things made with dates and almonds and stuff that are actually pretty nice. Lots of cafes and books based around this.

This and poke bowls are memes that I don't mind too much. Lighter and healthier food are nice, it's good to have more options around and encourage people to eat more veg and grain.

poke or "artisan" fried chicken

You got the orders and years wrong but your heart was in the right place
>2008 Cupcakes
>2009 Nutella
>2010 Bacon
>2011 Sriracha
>2012 inception food / food indie of food, plus cupcakes Nutella bacon and Sriracha are still all reigning supreme
>2014 Ramen (remember ramen burger? remember how much ramen we all ate in 2013?)
>2015 Pumpkin Spice

>2015
>Sriracha
the fuck, this is just wrong and never happened.

if you can list 16 of them there none of those were trends.

thanks for posting these btw

Yes

>half slice of cheese

For me it is the McFish, the cuckolds choice of fast food sandwich.