Red rice

what the fuck is tbis bullshit?

i got one cup red rice sampler and cooked it. shit took TWO HOURS to get tender and its a starchy gross pile of crap. I am pro at white, brown and wild rice

how the f do you cook this shit

Might be a glutinous variety? Was there any other info on the packaging? As with all rice I would suggest letting it soak for at least an hour and then rinsing it again before cooking. Get it to a rolling boil then lower heat and cover. Shouldn't take longer than 25 minutes to cook under these conditions.

>Not rinsing first and steaming.

Fucking Veeky Forums can't even cook anymore. Just suck it and go to McDicks.

wo the fuck does any of that. white rice is 16 minutes in the pot 2:1 brown rice is 35 minutes 2.5:1 there is no steaming rice or washing rice that's for eyetie and french faggots that don't know how to cook and eat rice, the food of the real people

no it was from a mail order meal-in-a-box thing, just a brown paper pack that said "red rice"

Sorry user, but adding scallions to instant ramen isn't cooking. :^ )

your shitposting has kept my advice thread on p1, for which i thank thee
>you're

Shitposting is advice, though. :^)

>place red rice in rice cooker
>add water in roughly 2:1 ratio
>walk away and fuck off at computer for ~15 minutes
>place broccoli in oven at 400 with salt, pepper, olive oil and a touch of garlic powder
>walk away and fuck off at computer for ~10 minutes
>slice and wok fry some beef marinated with lemongrass paste, soy and chili oil
>eat rice, beef and broccoli while fucking off at computer again

after 30 minutes at a simmer it was literally crunchy grains in water soup, what have i missed

You need to level up cooking to 30+ to craft it faster.

Stop that. Do not 'simmer'. Simmering is for insecure people. Turn the heat to maximum, and duct tape the lid on. Boom. Red rice everywhere. Now you can lick it off the floor, cooked to perfection.

no clue, but i'm sure you either did not get rice or you fucked it up supremely. probably the latter and it probably wasn't simmering.

Some weird ass grain labeled red rice that was actually red bulghur wheat or something? That's kinda what it tastes like, but never heard of red grains like that

Mate I think you just ate solid, plastic rice.

>not reading the instructions
I WONDER WHAT WENT WRONG OP

OP here.

there were literally no instructions

Good thing that we have things like google and cookbooks to refer to!

did you really fuck up red rice my dude

like goddamn

there are machines you can buy at walmart for 30 bucks that can do this shit

thought from the image that it was chili

I'm sorry, the rice fairy didn't come down from the sky and inform me there was another kind of rice out there that needed to be cooked for TWO STRAIGHT HOURS that would show up in a food box in the mail so I assumed I could make rice in a pot like a human.

UPDATE

I ended up cooking and mashing some chickpeas, added garlic, onion and spices and two eggs, made fried rice patties. pretty good my dudes. they needed about 5 minutes on a side to hold together but legit made a delicious meal out of this crappy "rice"

Why?

I don't see any beans

>ayy lmao