Sharping

Right, so what's the best cheap way to sharpen the knife?

We got sharpening rocks, sharpening mobile stations, electric sharpening mobile stations (are those good if they are affordable?), even those flexible tape things.

Unrel, but fappable unrel.

Best and cheapest? A basic whetsone with a coarse and a fine side. But that does require a little effort on your part.

Pull-through sharpeners do a mediocre job but they are super easy to use.

A basic pull through works fine for kitchen knives.

What about electric pull-throughers? I've seen some really cheap (and used) ones.

Damn who is this semen demon

Sarina Valentina.

So what am I looking for in a whestone exactly?

Thanks bro

How new are you? That's a man btw.

Anyway OP I use a flat surface and sandpaper. Works well.

> flat surface
What's that? I'm new to /ck. Is it expensive tho?

>That's a man btw.
nope, 100% girl

99, -1% for her ultrafeminine penis in the place of pussy.

only women can have feminine penises

kek'd @ mental gymnastics. Just admit you're 1% gay, it's really not hard at all, you fucking faggot.

I'm not attracted to her though. I just respect that she's a beautiful woman :)

> I'm not attracted to her though
Get a load of this faggot.

daily reminder that sex changes are impossible

daily reminder that with a lot of girls you won't know for the fuck of you if she used to be a man unless she told you in which case she still might be just fucking with your insecure ass

WTF SHE HAS A DICK

GODDAMIT WHY WOULD YOU POST HER

Google "kitchen knife whetstone grit". Grit is the important thing. Too low and you're just scratching your edge, too high and you might be sitting there for hours. Depends on the condition and quality of your knife.

Same as the manual type. They do a mediocre job but they're easy to use.

By mediocre job what do you mean exactly? Like I only care about sharpness pretty much.
I also need to sharpen fighting knives.

>I also need to sharpen fighting knives

> i got so triggered by your post i had to reach into my fedora folder

>Cheap method of sharpening a knife/
Use a steel?

Well a thick plane of glass works well enough, but you can buy even flatter I guess flats for like machining and shit. Just a nice flat surface cause obviously you want the edge to make even contact.

Countertop works too though lol.

Oh please, surgical fake vaginas are nothing at all like the real thing. Only a blind retard wouldn't notice the glaring differences.

That user is correct, sex change is not possible. Only heinous disfigurement.

You haven't seen any though.

It couldn't even get wet

Are you serious? Do I need to bring out Chris Chan?

i know there's a webm. someone right now has it on his harddrive. can't be long until it's posted. you know which one i mean!

>she

there's that word again

also your entire post is untrue

Trips of truth

Your entire life is untrue you retarded faggot, get out of the closet already: it's obvious you want some dick to rape your face.

Guys is this true?

>her

Goddamn she's fucking fine!

What's her name?

Kill yourself /v/ermin

lad...

>I also need to sharpen fighting knives.
Lmaoooo

I wish I had taken a picture of the knife I fixed the other day that had been repeatedly "sharpened" on a pull through. Took ages to fix.

OP, get an angle clamp system, anyone can use them and they work fine unless you're sharpening a long blade, and even then you can make it work. A Sharpmaker is also a good bet, especially if you're just maintaining edges.

A honing steel doesn't sharpen knives.

Aye but a sharpening steel like the one pictured does

Also nice digits

kek

>implying men can't be semen demons.

Turn a ceramic coffee mug upside down. Hold knife blade at 45 degree angle to rough ring on underside of muh. Run back and forth until desired sharpness is achieves.

>surgical fake vaginas
I had the pleasure of treating one of those up off and on for a few years... Highly recommended.

What I liked was it never gets loose no matter what. Maybe over many years, but with normal use, nope.

:^/

Kek, I know physics too well to believe that easily crushable mug can sharpen a KNIFE. Nice try tho.

>that easily crushable mug
what sort of fucking ceramic mugs are you using?

What do you recommend for angle clamp systems?

I have a lansky one but that is way too small and inconsistent for kitchen knives.

Is dropping buku bucks on a wicked edge / edgepro sharpening system my only option?

>buku

sorry meant beaucoup.

>I'm not attracted to her though. I just respect that she's a beautiful woman :)
kek

What's funny? Or are you one of those oppressors who scream about HURR DURRRRRR MENTAL ILLNESS SUICIDE RATE KEK CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE

You clearly don't know shit, pal. Coffee mug sharpening is pro-tier.

I've used my lansky on blades up to 8 inches long just fine and I think moving the clamp would work for longer ones. They're nice since the kits allow for heavy reprofiling and getting a really keen edge right out of the box.

The sharpmaker, for instance, isn't so good at reprofiling a damaged blade and expanding it to do so costs more. It's better for routine maintenance, though, and can handle serrated knives.

Also maybe look into getting a gatco clamp. I use that with lansky stones.

>Oh please, surgical fake vaginas are nothing at all like the real thing. Only a blind retard wouldn't notice the glaring differences.
there are cases of them fooling gynecologists, srs has come a long way in the last 10 years. there's of course many hack jobs, and those are the ones you hear about

incorrect

You need a good whetstone, doublesided, with one side around 300-400 grit and the other around 1000-1500 grit. Look up youtube vids on how to sharpen properly.
If you know what you are doing you can also use a belt sander and a cotton cloth buffing wheel for sharpening and removing the burr. Nothing is quicker, but nothing can fuck up you knife quicker , either. Use low grits (80-100), very light pressure and make very quick passes, like less than 2 seconds for each pass on one side of an 8 inch knife. That will ensure that the friction heat doesn't destroy the temper of the steel. Remove the burr with the buffing wheel and rough buffing wax.

Also: A steel is only good for refreshing/righting an already sharp edge. use a smooth stell for that. An aggressive grooved steel is good for nothing, really. A diamond steel removes material like a whetstone, but less well. A ceramic rod rights the edge, but also removes a tiny bit of material andresharpens, so it can be a decent compromise. But it is just a compromise.

>45 degree angle
Are you sharpening scissors?

Top kek

The WorkSharp WSKTS is widely recommended (no personal experience). It is basically a miniature belt sander designed for sharpening knives.

Yes.

o-ok

OwO

Are these a meme?

Look at them
Obviously they are

Obviously. It couldn't be that in 2016 there's actually something more progressive than a friction brick or sharpening electroscamstation. Silly. Corporations know better what works and what doesn't, if it's not popular it must be shit. How else!?

Apex Pro is the best clamp system.

Google says her name is Busty Redhead

YW

That thing is a dude, regardless of any hormones or fake tits added to it, and it will always be a dude.

No ovaries? No womb? Then it's not a woman, and never will be.

OP, just get a cheapy pull through sharpener and use right before you cut anything.

How often do you need to sharpen your knives that you need some hundreds of dollars setup?
The vast majority of home chefs don't need anything more than a 40$ victorinox and a pull through with a steel. Save nice knives and expensive setups for the low volume professionals they are actually useful for.

>cute trans woman confuses the "straight" boys

>implying I pretend to be straight when I jerk off to traps

mai waifu

kek. Because it's true.

What? That you do the same or that I jerk off to traps?

The bottom of a ceramic coffee mug.

name?????

Sarina Valentina. There's a benis there though.

Goddamn she's fine!

What's her name?

No balls though so theres no way for sex to be gay