/vegan/

Hey, since the vegan thanksgiving thread is a shitshow, can we have a proper vegan thread? Let's keep it friendly, ignore the ignorant trolls.

What do you eat for breakfast? I usually eat fruit because I'm too lazy to make tofu scramble or anything if anyone has quick breakfast ideas to switch it up that'd be cool.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Npkd6mG86go
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I eat my wife's bull sperm. It's super healthy and it natural you reproduces so it doesn't harm the creature. In fact, he enjoys it.

Fuck off

Don't like shitshows?
Stop making these threads.

Tofu bacon and that chemical compound almagamation (I forgot the name of it) with which you can make faux omelletes or scrambled eggs. Some toast with margerine. Juice of choice.

Big surprise. A vegan wants more attention than they're already getting.

no one is a true vegan, stop your shitposting and enjoy eating meat in moderation. Why limit yourself?

I'm not a vegan, but I support threads that focus on cooking and eating food. So how do you make tofu scramble?

i eat cummies OP. rly healthy

Why do you people hate vegans so much?

Same as a regular egg scramble (tofu instead of egg obv) except two staple ingredients to mix in with the tofu which are nutritional yeast and tumeric (and whatever other spices you want to add). Can add whatever veggies you like. I like adding spinach.

>What do you eat for breakfast
I have no habits, can be either salty or sweet, but in general it's going to be the laziest option. Fries for example :)

I think tofu scramble is one of those recipes trying too hard to replicate non-vegan ones, I think it's better to let go and explore other way of cooking, considering the food's texture, moisture, etc.

I make oatmeal. On the days when I have almond milk instead of real milk, it's vegan.

>Being on the skeleton diet
>Skeleton because that's how you end up
>Dead

What firmness tofu do you usually use? What kind of oil?

I use olive oil, also firm tofu. Firm enough so you can crumble it onto the pan. Might have to really dry it after draining with a paper towel or something.

Veeky Forums is about food. Vegan crap isn't food, it's attention whore bait. Fuck off with your shit thread

Have you ever tried to make a quiche with a soft tofu and spinach? Think that would work? And can you make a pastry crust with coconut oil?

because "militant vegans" that supposedly are so vocal in Veeky Forums

>supposedly
>made two threads because one wasn't enough attention whoring

The word you should've put into scare quotes was "vegans." The plural implies there's more than one, but it's always the same delusional nutbar every time.

I haven't tried that but it sounds delicious might have to look up a recipe. But I do know you can make a crust with solid coconut oil.
They're just arguing in there I want recipes/tips. If i wanted attention it's not hard to troll ppl with vegan stuff

>They're just arguing in there

So vegans can't even treat each other kindly? Curious.

I haven't either, but I don't see how it wouldn't work. It just struck me that you can probably get a decent savory custard-like flavor from soft tofu. Maybe like coconut oil pastry crust. Filling soft tofu blended with soy milk, S&P, more coconut oil, turmeric/mustard powder/nutmeg. Spinach. Bake until set. Afterwards brush top with olive oil and take a blowtorch to it to get some additional browning.

I love reading vegan threads after deboning a whole chicken that was walking around a couple weeks ago

It's trolls arguing with vegans

I'm actually shopping rn I might pick up some ingredients and give that a try. Will report back lol.

I'm not vegan, but you could eat Oatmeal porridge for breakfast. It's pretty nutritious and takes less than five minutes.

Now what about a tofu custard quiche with a layer of caramelized onions on top? I think that would be the shit.

what is the point of being vegan?

do you just have a phobia of eating things that were alive?

Yeah, there's loads of good recipies for overnight oats, too.

Just an omnivore who likes good food, but my favorite oat mix is steel cut oats, a bit of maple syrup, cinnamon, raisins, and grated carrots. It tastes like carrot cake. So good.

You usually add some milk and/or plain yogurt with overnight oats, but I'm sure you could add a vegan option as your binder.

>I usually eat fruit because I'm too lazy

I really believe this is one of the major reasons people become vegan, they're too lazy to actually cook. Being vegan is simply easier than learning to cook real foods. Lazy, delusional idiots.

Still an omnivore, but it's usually one of four reasons:

1. Health/fad dieting

2. "Oh no, cute fuzzy mammals!!"

3. Utilitarian ethics (Peter Singer makes a strange amount of sense.)

4. Social signal to indicate membership to a portion of society they emotionally and ideologically identify with.

#3 almost got me, but I'm not a good person.

A rarer, fifth option is religious.

That's why Indian food is the tastiest vegetarian food. Centuries of weird theonomy and the ensuing culinary experimentation.

The point for me is to minimize animal suffering that I'm responsible for.

As for breakfast, I usually just skip it. When I still consumed dairy, my breakfasts were really milk and cheese-heavy, and I haven't found a good substitute, so I just go without. I generally like tofu, but I hate it scrambled.

the only thing you could ever eat that was never alive are fetuses, milk and eggs

Indian food is a legitimately complex and well-developed cuisine. If there were vegan restaurants as good as good vegetarian Indian ones, I'd eat at there.

what about the environment?

You aren't reducing animal suffering

You are increasing animal suffering that is in vain and wasted though

>itt

#3.

Balancing moral and social goods with meat-eating is all located here.

Veganism for religious reasons is rarer than vegetarianism, but there are plenty of good vegan Indian food options.

>vegan Indian food options.

Why does everyone say this? A good amount of Indian food is vegetarian, sure. But vegan? Hell no. They put dairy products in everything.

i eat fruits, drink juice/water/tea, eat nuts, or peanut butter on bread

Absolute true veganism is rarely tried. Every plant we eat got its nutrients from dead animals. I only eat hydroponic vegetables. You're not a vegan and are just as bad as meat eaters.

How long until carniecucks literally start eating bugs? Why are us vegans so fucking superior bros?

I would rather eat vegans than bugs to be honest
By the time we consume all the meat you will have grown weak enough from your diet to prey on

what the actual fuck is wrong with you militant carniecucks? kill yourself edgelord

Veganism for moral reasons is a sham. Manure, blood meal, bone meal, and fish extract are all animal byproducts used in growing vegetables. Farmers have to use control methods whether chemical or biological to eliminate insects and other animal pests.

Crawl down off your false pedestal and admit your hypocrisy. Christ, you're worse than the evangelicals.

Face it you will eventually replace animals in the food chain when humans evolve into different species

They dont want to face the responsibility of their actions mostly. Making themselves feel superior to people who act in a more ethical manner is their defense mechanism so their egos dont shrivel up like their clogged dicks.

are you saying it's better to do nothing than to do something? The number of vegetarians and vegans on earth collectively make a difference even if it's little in your opinion.
Im not on a pedestol, it makes me uncomfortable to eat animal products that's all.

one block of tofu with 1 teaspoon msg, salt, cumin, turmeric and nutritional yeast.

but for breakfast i usually just decore 3 apples boil them till reasonably soft for my vitamix, cook 1 cup oats and add applesauce also adding cinnamon and artificial sugar. i want to get a waffle maker to make waffles and hashbrowns with and eat with real maple syrup. toast and avocado is always great too.

>vegans are so frail they can't eat raw apples
Top kek

eggs benedict

>op: vegans what do you eat for breakfast?
>you on your triggered emotional crusade: STOP STANDING ON A PEDESTAL
You showed him.

i guess i could just chop them but that would be extra work and it wouldn't be the texture i like. you can do it however you want tho

also want to let you know that it smells like a freshly baked apple pie

>the only thing you could ever eat that was never alive are fetuses
kek, so you're vegan but pro choice?

vegan means reducing animal suffering wherever reasonably possible, don't be so silly.

uhhhh duh uh veginz dey so stoopid dat uh...uh...hold on gotta take a nap...........uh du veginz is just so stoopid dey aint even savin duh anermils like im gunna troll thim so hard watch

hey mom moooom! do you wanna see what i did on the internet today??? no mom i didnt get a job yet. stop asking me.

hahaha gotta share this thread with my minecraft bros!!

>moral argument completely rekt. B-b-but we reduce, silly.

11/10
You're a goddamn genius. This is by far the most eloquent post I have ever read.
here's some extra (YOU)'s (YOU) (YOU)
My uncle, his wife and my cousins are vegans. They are the most insufferable liberal degenerates I have ever met.

Not vegan here, but I don't mind them. Usually don't even open these threads, only opened to say this: People like are an undying cancer. Get over yourself faggot

as a vegan i would say that it's reasonable to kill animals/insects that would threaten our farms. this isn't controversial to say. i understand that some everyday products currently contain animal products, when there are alternatives we take them. just because i kill pests on my property, that doesn't make me not a vegan, i still consider myself a vegan. because for me, being vegan means to reduce animal suffering as much as is reasonable. there are many vegans that are just as i am but you will also find people that are more radical to go as far as to not buying vegan products from companies whose leaders aren't vegan. i'm not one of those people but there isn't a "its only this way" approach to being vegan. it goes as far as is reasonable using common sense. i'd just say again not to be so silly. you don't have to be so nihilistic as to say "well you can't save em' all" and go on to cause more suffering and death then you otherwise need to.

I skip breakfast and lunch, just have black coffee, water, and nicotine until I get home from work at 4. Then I stuff my face for about 3 hours.

Last night, we made fried rice (with FYH vegan egg), and also had burritos using home-made tortillas, cilantro rice, freshly cooked black beans, some seasoned TVP from the mexican store, sauteed onions and jalapeno, and some daiya cheese.

to be honest I'm down for a vegan general in the same vein as the k-pop generals on /mu/ or /mlp/ as a whole

give them their own space, let everyone else filter it, and savagely sage/remove veganposting outside of it since no one seems to enjoy it

>as much as is reasonable

You do realize how stupid and subjective that sounds, don't you? To me, it's perfectly reasonable to eat humanely raised and produced or humanely hunted animal products. Objectively, my moral position is precisely equivalent to yours.

Your position amounts to: although it's an animal, a "bug" doesn't count. Although mammals are killed to protect muh vegetables, it doesn't count. Although animals are killed for the byproducts to grow muh vegetables, that doesn't count. You do understand the definition of "hypocrisy," correct?

>humanely hunted

My room mate is a vegan because he's an environmentalist, yet he runs two mini-fridges and keeps the heat on in his room while berating the rest of us for not being eco-friendly.

I told him I'd go vegetarian if he stopped using his separate fridges to prove to me that he was was actually committed to saving the environment and not just riding the vegan ethical high horse.

Are you trying to lose weight?

Id be okay with this if vegan threads werent filled with people trying to start debates

hello, I'm vegan

De-facto vegan here, but I reject the idea of non-speciesism. Of course humans are worth more than other animals, to argue otherwise is asinine. If I'm forced to live in the woods or on the proverbial desert island, of course I'll hunt!

But many vegans take things too far; I would argue that our moral obligation to animals varies depending on the degree of sentience and sapience that they possess. Even most meat-eaters would agree that we should not eat great apes or chimps if there's a reasonable alternative - and probably the same of elephants, dolphins, and other vertebrates with heavily developed brains.

In general, the idea that we should avoid eating things with brains, if we can help it, seems like a good idea to me. Especially if in doing so, it is more efficient on an environmental level, and if there are health benefits, all the better.

But where I think vegans go to far is in assuming that all animals are equal. The adult sea sponge has no neurons, why should I care if I use one in my shower, any more than I care about plants? And why should I care about animals that possess only rudimentary ganglia (insects, mollusks, etc)?

Now, of course there is a big grey area between ganglia-possessing organism and higher-order vertebrates, but the dividing line there is much closer to the former than the latter IMO. For example, pigs have demonstrated levels of self awareness and intelligence that rival dogs - and outstrips cats easily - so why should I consider it moral to eat a pig and not a cat or a dog? And if the only reason I am debating this is taste alone, then at what level does the capacity for sentience outweigh my personal tastes?

tl;dr if I really liked oysters and worms I'd probably go for it, but I don't, so I'm de facto vegan

I agree with this, I'm okay with eating shellfish that are overpopulated and have no central nervous system. I still don't eat it because I don't like seafood but it's silly for hardcore vegans to judge people for eating that stuff.

>Are you trying to lose weight?

No (my weight is stable), I've practiced intermittent fasting since I was a teenager. For a couple of reasons:

1. I'd always get sluggish/tired after eating breakfast/lunch, now I don't have that
2. My shits are extremely regular and I get to experience a couple of glorious hours a day of letting my entire digestive system rest
3. There's quite a bit of research showing that it's beneficial to health (decreased insulin resistance, for example)
4. I'm actually hungry for dinner, and when you're legitimately hungry and get to eat (not just conditioned, "oh it's 11:30am and suddenly I'm hungry), it's nearly orgasmic
5. I've eaten like this so long that I'm just not hungry before about 3pm

>I refuse to kill animals except for those that I've decided aren't quite like animals, although they have all characteristics that biologists since Aristotle to the present have classified as animals. If they don't have a highly developed central nervous system, then I hereby declare they are not animals, contrary to 2300+ years of science. Meat eaters, you may now genuflect at the feet of the superior moral hypocrisy. Oh btw, kill that fucking rabbit and deer eating muh vegetable!

Contrary to 2300 years of science some people belive that's healthy to not eat meat

>Moral obligation
>Dry water
>Cold fire
>Hurdy dur dur

>belive that's healthy to not eat meat

Stopped reading right there. Not only because it has nothing to do with the discussion of moral superiority or it was the end of your post, but because your grammar, spelling and sentence structure indicates a rather low level central nervous system development. Suggest more protein from animal sources as an antidote.

always nice to see reddit trying to fit in on the edgy Veeky Forums

no vegans think all animals are equal you thick fuck.
also clams and shit arent sentient but fishing them out of water destroys and harms a lot of sentient fish. no need to eat that shit anyway. seafood is dirtier than a carnivores shit stained undies

Wow! Profound! What school did you attend to get so powerful at rhetoric? Who was the instructor? Can I peak at your notes? You're incredible. Are you a speechwriter for Trump?

You got me, boi! Great argument. I give up! You're simply too good! I'm outta my league here. Wow! I'm in awe!

anyone have some recipes with lentils they'd like to share? I love lentils but I tend to just eat them plain, wondering if there's anything interesting I can do with them. Maybe like a lettuce leaf wrap.

But... farming harms land animals in the same way. It destroys their habitats and displaces their food supplies.

Also, on what basis have you decided that plants don't deserve the same protection as cows? "They're sentient" doesn't count if you can't prove that "sentience" isn't an arbitrary state humans use for categorizing life that functions similarly to them.

Vegans are a lot like Mormons.
Everyone knows they exist, everyone dreads them showing up, but they know they will have to encounter a few cultists from time to time.

Vegans are more like aids.
Or retardation.

Nobody likes vegans, but vegans.

They're really directly correlated to evangelicals. Mormons attempt to convert, sure, but they know deep down it's insane and simply provides a way to live in an insane world.

Evangelicals and vegans actually believe they aren't themselves hypocrites and instead have some handle on "truth" that is the only path to a comfortably hypocritical salvation.

Plus, you can't do this to evangelicals.
youtube.com/watch?v=Npkd6mG86go

wtf are you guys going on about, can we talk about food

>can we talk about food
>on Veeky Forums
Hah

I bet he thinks we talk about guns on /k/ too!

>Oh hey a vegan thread
>not even vegan
>I should ask if anybody's got any good one-pot vegetable recipes, sort of vegetable ragu style, had a couple of those eating out and they were pretty nice
>oh it's just Veeky Forums getting triggered by people eating things different than them again
You guys are just pathetic, come on now

Try rebbit you trendy cunt

>wanting to vary your meals is 'trendy'
Newsflash, meat is what's trendy now.

Nom the cummies, op.

here is a good guide for cooking vegans

Even plants are smart enough to eat meat.

It's funny how everyone likes to cry about vegans being preachy when there are actual people who go out of their way to come into vegan threads and talk about slaughtering animals. There are plenty of other threads on this board to talk about meat but 1-2 dedicated vegan threads trigger your defense mechanisms so hard that you need to come in and brag about eating meat. Talk about insecurity.

Anyway, I don't usually eat breakfast but when I do I enjoy a simple avocado toast with salt, pepper, and maybe some cherry tomatoes if I have them.

>tfw vegan but hate avocado

>breakfast
Oatmeal. Top it with sugar and spices, or applesauce, or cranberry sauce, or chocolate sauce, or whatever.

Or you can fry potatoes in a little oil. They're better if you use bacon fat, but you're not allowed to, so make do. Put some kind of sauce on it (ketchup, barbecue, steak, whatever you like).

Boiled cornmeal (grits). I do cheese grits, because, again, not vegan. You'd have to do something with herbs or spices. Spinach and cauliflower, maybe.

Some of them are preachy, holier-than-thou dicks. If you make a personal moral choice to not eat meat, that's fine, more power to you. If you press other people to change their moral position to align with yours, you can expect to be as popular as a fire-and-brimstone preacher in a whorehouse. Because that's what you're doing.

Hitler was a vegetarian. One thing about you doesn't make you all-good or all-evil. It's the aggregate of all the things.

the thread was supposed to just be about vegan food, there was no preaching whatsoever but people always come into vegan threads starting repetitive arguments about how it's a shit lifestyle etc.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I never really thought of potatoes for breakfast but it's definitely a good option, might be nice with a tomato sauce too.

How do you prepare oatmeal from rolled oats? (I don't mind about cow milk)