I'm 23 with my own house (3 bedroom 2 bathroom) and like $700,000 in cash. My shitty job makes me about $34...

I'm 23 with my own house (3 bedroom 2 bathroom) and like $700,000 in cash. My shitty job makes me about $34,000 a year before taxes.

I get that I haven't "made it" but is there any reason to continue this job? It's INCREDIBLY demotivating to know I make like $80 per day with no real chance at career growth for a full day of work at a job I'm embarrassed to be working for a boss who probably thinks I'm dirt poor for working here. Anyone else here with a high net worth to salary ratio?

What do you do?

Attached: 1462251551973.jpg (2100x1400, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZlHbjxtECg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you retarded? $20,000 a year is around $80 day.

$34,000 is closer to $140 a day.

Do you work like, 4 hours a day 7 days a week, nonstop?

i trade shitcoins

If you get along with your boss/coworkers and the job doesnt suck, don't quit

Keep the job, while looking for a part-time job that is less soul sucking.

Keep doing whatever made you the 700k.

Don't join the elite brotherhood of NEETdom just yet though.

I mean it sucks knowing I'm not capable of obtaining a high salary but still haven't made enough money to really quit and just live of my money forever.
I was thinking after taxes but ok. The $80 was just an approximation. I was just trying to make the point I guess.

Does your job make you happy? You have enough disposable income to take on a new direction career-wise.

You're salary and quality of life depends on where you live for example I live in one of NYC boroughs born and raised where 100k a year is good but by no means are you set you're kind of in the middle since a starter house on a 75x25 lot split family home starts at 900k.

get fucked, poor faggot

>Keep doing whatever made you the 700k
I think getting lucky with certain crypto ICOs and airdrops were kind of a one-off thing.
It's weird because I've been through 3 different jobs now and I always end up hating them. As dumb and lazy as it makes me sound, maybe I just hate working.

Let me clarify. I work as a teacher now and I love teaching kids, but the job requires me to get up at 5:30 in the morning and commute, then clock in on a computer when I arrive and if it's not before 7:30 more like than 3 times in the year I'm supposed to be fired at the end of the year or something. Shit like that pisses me off. As do staff meetings, etc.

My previous 2 jobs, in completely unrelated fields (finance and real estate) had the same shit. If I were poor, I could see how I would have to just suck it up and put up with it, but there's this constant "what the fuck am I doing this for. I want to go back to sleep it's 5:30 and I'm not getting paid enough for this considering I could probably invest my money safely and with some smart planning retire" whining in my head. And I'm wondering if others here deal with this.

Still. Do you pay 50% in taxes?

>getting lucky with certain crypto ICOs and airdrops were kind of a one-off thing

With 700k, there are a lot more opportunities for you to get lucky.

Job doesn't make me happy but it's my 3rd one since January 2017. Like I explain here: it's never the actual job, but the people.

Maybe I should just try to find a way to work at home or something.

No. $34,000 divided by 365 is 93.15 and at just 15% taxes that comes out to less than 80 so I'm not sure what you're going on about.

You should 1000% leave and try your hand at something entrepreneurial.If you made 700k im going to assume your not a brainlet.Therefore do the patriotic thing and honour the American spirit of innovation and business acumen.

Like what? I'm being genuine here. Crypto ICOs seem kind of dead and I've never seen an airdrop perform as well as they used to. I didn't do a ton of research or anything, just sold when things were relatively high.

Try a manual labor job nearer to your home

I would do anything to even have a fraction of the capital you do. This is a fake portfolio on tech i made a couple days ago.ofc you could probably engage in far more lucrative enterprises.

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-005524~2.png (1440x1536, 190K)

So just leave and budget like 30k a year to live off of until I either make a business or figure out what to do with my life?

I'm too risk-averse to risk this much money on a business though, given that so many businesses fail and I could end up just losing it all.

I have a kind of dream of just doing part time jobs for like $1000 a month but being able to get up late, enjoying the people I work with and what I do, and not having to care because I am just doing it for fun and don't need the money. I have another where I just work at home and can make all my own hours.

I'm just terrified to actually do it. 700k is not enough to retire even with my own house, I know that I'm not an idiot, so it seems like whatever I end up doing I do have to be relatively successful with or I'll end up broke and back in an even worse job than before.

These larp threads need to stop

Sounds alright but I imagine I'd have to put up with the same getting up early and dealing with the threat of "if you make X mistakes you're fired" or "if you don't punch your card in on time more than 5 times you're fired" or something. I just want to feel like part of a team that's working on something together instead of a kid still in grade school.
Ah...so you're essentially saying I should look into putting most of it into big, well-known or bluechip stocks?

I'm not larping at all. I'm also positive others here know what I mean by this. Net worth to salary ratio being relatively high is extremely demotivating and I can't find anything on this online. Maybe I'm just lazy or something.

>23
>lots of money

I've seen this shitpost before...

Attached: asian_girls_makeup_before_and_after_01.jpg (600x451, 40K)

I understand this thinking user.
>running a start-up is like chewing glass and staring into the abyss. After a while, you stop staring, but the glass chewing never ends (musk said this in an interview once)
Your right user 90% of startups don't make but if you do your homework properly you might make it and if you don't at least you can say to yourself you tried.

I doubt I'm the only guy in his 20s with money here but ok.

why aren't you teaching kids at home one-on-one?

besides that, find something you find interesting and learn that. software devs have a pretty comfy life, it's 11:06 here and I'm not even at work yet. if you are any good you can get away with everything, I haven't been in a meeting since months
I would say the nerd ratio is like 5รท, most of the people are regular Joe's . Girls are missing though

Not exactly, what i mean to say is that, for a person with substantial capital there are plenty of well defined "standard" routes to grow that money albeit in most cases slowly.

The world is your oyster. What are you doing? You could rent out your apartment, & invest your 700k in a boring way to generate a 4-5% return.

From the rent/returns on 700k you'll be getting about 50k a year sitting on your ass. Why not use that money and free time to figure out how you can make more money & enjoy yourself while doing it?

youtube.com/watch?v=yZlHbjxtECg

Wow found it by searching.
I'm unbelievably terrified of losing this money though. Probably because I obtained it heavily from luck. But to me it's the difference between one day not having to work again and having to work until I'm 65 hating my job. Even though "at least you can say you tried" I'm just not really convinced yet...

I did that kind of teaching growing up in high school and college for subjects and playing certain instruments (mostly piano). Loved it and that's why I thought I could be a teacher.

Software dev sounds nice if what you're saying is true. I can program on a basic level from those few intro to programming classes people typically take in college, but beyond that I don't have much experience. It'd be a nice skill to learn though, thanks.

I'm scared to quit with so little career prospects, I guess. Also I'm actually married, despite being young (hence the 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom house). So I've kind of shot myself in the foot there I guess... I got married before I got the money. What you're describing is my dream though.

Dont worry, you are definitely not doing horribly. Some people in the US get such savings only once they are 35. Invest the money into something reliable if you want a normal good life. Or take a risk and play with stocks/crypto if you want a chance of making it.

Fucking retard. Put 100k into few alts right the fucking now and you'll be a multimillionaire EOY.

>If you need inspiring words, dont do it
>You have to be wired to do it
He really hit the nail on the head here.

I'm not saying it's like that everywhere and it's not like that when someone just starts out. I got kind of bored from this job, so I kept pushing the limits to see how far can I go. I also deliver, I have high standards for my work, it's always done in good quality and before deadline. It's a couple of years until one get here I guess, if one is not a coding prodigy

>married
I was going to say try traveling the world and meet new people but nvm
RIP

I teach at an international school. Look into it. Super chill.

I see. It's worth keeping in mind though.

What city?

Anywhere around the world.

I teach in China, make $60K a year (2nd year teaching). 17 weeks vacation, half-day Friday's. One semester I teach 4 hours a day, another just over 5.

I actually teach at an international school too, but I was afraid you were my coworker for a minute.
Anyway this country only pays me $34,000 per year for teaching. I didn't know China was so much higher.

China pays well...the best schools in Japan pay well, same with SK, and Hong Kong problem is the cost of living is so much higher.

Middle East pays great but yeah, not going there

I'm pretty sure I work at one of the best schools in SK though, out of only 2 international schools. But it's my first year teaching, and only a strong background elsewhere got me the job, so I'm surprised to hear that. I don't think 60k is the norm here, at all, but maybe with more experience. Anyway I love kids but in the end it just doesn't seem worth it. Sorry.

Maybe if I were teaching out of my house or something.

There's way more than two international schools in SK haha.

Search Associates is a good place to start.

Which alts?

Hmm I'm not sure where I heard that there were just 2 "official" ones and the rest were "technically foreign schools" or something. Anyway I just checked out Search Associates and that seems pretty nice. I will seriously keep it in mind if I end up needing another or want a higher paying teaching position internationally.