What even IS that thing?

So, I bough a persimmon fruit on the spur of the moment, however here in poland it's rather exotic fruit, so I'm eating it for the first time.
What should I expect? and can I even eat it raw, like apple or something?

if its orange and a little soft just slice it up and eat it

Wait until it is a bit softer. You can eat it like an apple. Smells sweat with a hint of honey.

They are pretty awesome if you ask me.

use it in baked goods.

Tastes like candy.

well well, ty all.
here goes nothing.

Really bland kind of sweet tomato
Some people love it for some reason

Tastes like a sweet pear, and it's really soft...
man fruits are awesome!

>man fruits are awesome!
We're with you OP

They taste nothing like tomatoes?

Just wash it and use a knife to remove the green shit. Eat it whole. It's very sweet.

HOWEVER if it's unripe prepare to pucker up, buttercup. You can freeze and thaw it to make it edible, but it'll be a bit mushy.

might of ate a bad one or really average one, it's taste like honey as long as you don't eat the part that numbs your mouth

my first experience with the fruit, still good desu

it tastes good but is messy to eat

Make a cracker crust with white & whole wheat flour. Rub top with olive oil. Top with diced persimmon, tarragon leaves, red onion, a hard Swiss cheese, broil under high heat until top is browned. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.

You have to wait until they turn black, then you can dry them.

it tastes like cum desu

Dried persimmon is GOAT

You can rub it on a shirt and the pulp will remove stains.

Treat it like you would a pumpkin and make bomb ass cookies.

Persimmons are the fucking bomb. Just avoid the unripe ones -- let them soften up before trying to eat them, otherwise you'll get a mouth full of awful taste that leaves your mouth dry and numb afterwards.

Also, if they're really ripe, you can leave them outside to dry if you've got the weather for it. They get ridiculously sweet and soft. Leave the green part in if you do this, since it can be a pretty good place to grip it -- it will fall apart if you aren't careful.

>Made the mistake of eating an unripe one once.
I didn't think I would be able to spit again.

>tfw only eat unripe ones
Never felt the weird "numbing" taste the people in this thread stated. I cant eat it ripe , its too sweet

Same. I prefer the crunchiness of an unripe persimmon. Never got the numbing either.

persimmons happened when a mango fucked an apple

fuyu or plebe level can eat crunchy, master race hachiya must be ripened but then golden orange nectar awaits like no other

It tastes like semen

They're great. Wait until they are soft and eat them without the skin and green thing.
I've also heard that it's seeds are used as a spice, but they are squishy and tasty like any other paet of the fruit, so I suppose that you need to dry them.

They taste like candy as other shave said, but not a super-sweet candy. It's a very strange taste for a fruit. One fruit only has 30 calories somehow but you would think it would be much more based on the flavor.