Why even bother try to make cookies?

Why even bother try to make cookies?

> live alone
> decide to make cookies
> make dough
> eat like 5 cookies worth of dough while forming cookies
> feel ill and loose all interest in cookies as soon as first plate is in the oven
> throw away unbaked cookies
> almost puke of smell when taking cookies out of oven
> throw away rest of cookies
> 1 month later
> decide to make cookies

How do you deal with shit like this?

You should try not being a stupid fucking cow so much.

it's not the cookies, user. it's definitely you.

Carefully crafted post. I laughed

try not being a crazy person

I have the same problem as you OP.

I usually put raw pork in the cookie dough. That way, I cannot eat it before it's cooked (I would become sick), but pork is fucking tasteless, so I cannot taste it after it's been cooked.

I cut recipes into quarters a lot, since I live alone also. One whole tray is still more cookies than I need, but the leftovers are more manageable when there aren't so many.

> throw away unbaked cookies
> throw away rest of cookies
for my it's always obnoxious if I see someone throwing away good food.

Give some to the neighbors, make friends girls/guys like someone who can cook

If you lived where you could observe OP throwing away cookies, you'd be close enough for him to just give them to you. But you don't.

Tighten it next time. That way, your interest won't be so loose.

This. Unless i'm actually purposefully cooking for others, I only make one egg's worth of baked desserts

I always freeze most of the cookies. You're already wasting time, dirtying a bunch of dishes, and the oven's on, might as well make a fuckhuge batch and have cookies for a few months.

Once a week, normally on a Sunday, I make a round of cookies/falafel/pasties for the people at work. I enjoy the cooking, I enjoy that the people at work like what I make, and I'm actually sharing recipes and encouraging people to cook more. I tend to avoid baking without a point, or I make some dough, freeze them in batches and then defrost and bake one batch per week. Normally pans out pretty well.

Maybe if I lived in a third world country where eggs have salmonella I wouldn't be so tempted to eat all that dough.

I tried it once, I made a bunch of my red velvet cranberry-chocolate chip cookies and put on a tray at work. Nobody touched them or mentioned them for the whole day. Even wrote some notes about the cookies and put them on peoples desks when they were away for lunch. Still nobody said anything or touched the cookies.

My freezer haven't been working for almost a year feelsbadman. And the property management doesn't have online service request forms.

I suppose it depends on the workplace. There's a decent amount of footwork and manual hauling of shit, so free food always vanishes pretty damn quickly. If it's more of an office setting then people can get a bit conscious about snacking.

Has the same thing happen to me
>Want to make cookies
>Have to go to a couple stores to get every
>Come back home
>Rest ingredients in table while I go mess around for a while
>Look at ingredients, think about the work of making the cookies and regret buying that at all
>No choice but to make them now
>This is my life now
>Half ass cookies
>Make first batch
>Burn second batch
>Cleaning burn cookies is a pain in the ass
>Turn oven off
>Throw away rest of the dough
>Eat 3 cookies
>Repeat next month

freeze the dough in whatever-size portioned ziplocks retard.

probably because they thought it was weird. if it had been just plain chocolate chip cookies, somebody would've tried some. sad to say but a lot of people don't like to try anything new.

I try everything, but I wouldn't eat some coworker's baking.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't eat someone elses cooking, coworker or not. I'd make someone elses recipe, but I wouldn't eat it if they made it.