Question for vegan fagets

how come almost all vegan food is copy of meat?

vegan burger, pizza, lasagne etc etc

its like everything vegan foods are a copy of meat food

why??

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.law.stanford.edu/stanford-environmental-law-journal-elj/blog/leading-cause-everything-one-industry-destroying-our-planet-and-our-ability-thrive-it
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You appear to be too young for this site

I agree, I have a vegan friend and all he eats is vegan bullshit that is 'technically" vegan, it is just as unhealthy imo yet they are able to say "no animals injured to make this product". Theyre fags

Maybe the productions originally are created for some variety from vegetables/tofu/grains/seitan, but then lazy people who can't cook try to eat nothing but frozen burger patties?

I think it's individuals who are sad, or at least are more so than the existence of meat imitation products. Some actually taste fine.

Think about it like this: If a cuisine already exists it's just going to be adapted for people with dietary restrictions. That's why there's all the mock meat in Chinese Buddhist temple cooking. That's why beef hot dogs and turkey bacon exist. That's why the Fillet-o-Fish does well on Fridays in Lent. It's easier to adapt an existing cuisine that reinvent the wheel entirely.

In cultures where vegetarianism is more common you find a vegetarian cuisine that's unto itself. India is such a place. In Greece there's a whole bunch of traditional vegan dishes because the Orthodox Lenten fast is basically going vegan for 40 days every year. A lot of Middle Eastern food is vegan or vegetarian because that allows it to fit a variety of religious observances.

It's just in the Northern part Western world there wasn't much of a tradition of vegetarianism. As a result the cuisines ended up centered on meat and dairy. So it only makes sense that in a place like America you can make money selling vegan versions of common foods like burgers, sausages and pizza. Because there are the foods an American who decided to go vegan is likely missing. But most vegans who are serious about eating well are not cooking much in the way of Western cuisine because it really doesn't adapt that well to their diets.

this explanation makes too much sense and doesn't allow people to call vegans faggots so it's going to get completely ignored.

Thanks for the (you) anyways.

Its because its comfort food that doesn't hurt animals, is healthier, and more sustainable to our land and waters. Animal agriculture can't feed our growing population. A developed society has to adapt a vegan lifestyle.

Western veganism IS faggotry.
It's a mess of new age bullshit, misplaced animal rights activism, and personal phobias.

Most vegans live on rice and beans anyway, and end up thin as fuck or fat as fuck depending on their metabolism. Oh yeah, and they fart a lot.

That's what your inbred mom told you, redneck fuck.

>In cultures where vegetarianism is more common you find a vegetarian cuisine that's unto itself.

this is my point why isnt there more of this and less meat food knock offs?

Yeah there's vegan versions of anything you want to eat and is just as delicious, if not, more.

They're there, user. You're just not seeing them. A lot of those foods people just buy the individual ingredients for. The fake meats and stuff are more found in the frozen section of a grocery store because they're harder to make.

What you see processed/prepackaged is not the whole story for vegetarian/vegan foods.

But it's also where you look. Trader Joe's has a lot of curries and shit that are veg

This. Indian vegetarian food is fucking incredible

Because you need a food culture to begin with.
Anglo-saxon food culture is meat, spuds, and cabbage. Not a lot of room for satisfying veggie options.

I live in NYC, so I see plenty of this. We had falafel shops in Manhattan before we had a McDonald's. While there is a competition among some chefs here to make the best veggie burger most places that cater to vegetarians/vegans here are Asian (Chinese, Indian) or Middle Eastern/Mediterranean. If I'm cooking a vegan meal at home those cuisines would be my go to cuisines. But I'd be a liar if I said I didn't have some vegan chorizo in the freezer, because that stuff is pretty good, and I like making tacos and tostadas with it.

The replies on this thread actually gives me hope for humanity :)

[citation needed]

Vegans are still faggots.

Rednecks are faggots that can't read and understand citations. I'm surprised yoy know that word. Good job.

Fuck it, hear ya go.
journals.law.stanford.edu/stanford-environmental-law-journal-elj/blog/leading-cause-everything-one-industry-destroying-our-planet-and-our-ability-thrive-it

Hope you can absorb 1 percent of this information and let me know if you need any help.

How about instead of focusing on veganism, y'all niggas just eat a whole foods plant based diet.

You can still be technically "vegan" by snacking on popcorn/potato chips and soda all day, doesn't make it healthy.

Just eat meals with plant based foods as the base and limit consumption on non-processed animal based products (like yogurt/milk and fish) and you'll be good. Honestly, you could cut out animal proteins altogether and still be fine as long as you take vitamin D/B12 supplements or foods.

True true

I do vegetarian/low animal products because I have an autoimmune disease and its been the diet that has done the best job of reducing the symptoms

The word vegan carries a lot of holier than thou absolutist pain in the ass bullshit with it. I definitely think of what I eat as a mostly plant based diet (still have some meat, fish and cheese every now and then because I'm not a fucking monk). Oreos are fucking vegan, and I'm not eating that shit.

So true. The Smiths were vegans and lived on cocaine and candy bars for years.

Also, fuck you. You make too much sense.

this guy gets it.

>Also, fuck you. You make too much sense.
How fucking old are you? It's COMMON sense and that's it.

>because I'm not a fucking monk

This. In Asia, the strict vegans I met were either monks or very religious people who took vows.

>How fucking old are you?

How do you call these guys in diapers? That's how old I am.
Also, ponies.

Veganism is an eating disorder. It also provides a very easy means of marketing to dumb consumers for the food industry.

Veganism is compassionate. Meat is murder. Animal agriculture is raping the earth. Milk is for baby cows. Eating animals is for idiots. If you don't believe it you, are are brainwashed.

Like wendy's, mcdonald's, burger king, kfc, taco bell, and all the other fast food restaurants have easy marketing for dumb consumers; animal products. You probably eat at those places.

Even though you have some nice trips, your post makes too much sense. Get outta here with your reasonable explanations and start shitposting, user.

You're still a faggot.

How is it compassionate? All you do is choose not to eat meat. That doesn't matter as they're still producing meat on a large scale. You have to actively combat these thugs

Usually making every cooking with fish/chicken/beef and got no idea what to make without them that isnt soyshit or some other bullshit substitude

Tried beans, feeled something missing

>before we had McDonald's
Fuck, what are you like a hundred?