/smg/ - Stock Market General

Mid teens edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Attached: 1500394373918.png (806x330, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4155931-sprint-turnaround-year
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-13/havens-just-aren-t-safe-any-more-as-markets-rumble-goldman-says
discord.me/xavier
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FAIL

>you will never make it
>you will always be a wagecuck and live a life of misery and shitsqualor
I'm losing hope tbfam.

I'M SORRY FOR FAILING YOU ALL

I'M FUCKING DOWN 0.3 TODAY. DAMMIT I WANT GAINS.

This thread has /smg/ in the subject so Im longing it, shorting the other thread.

You haven't failed us, manager Comfortable.

Attached: 1520493540217.gif (500x382, 125K)

agreed

MID TEENS!!!!

which is the real thread

Speaking of which, how's the hedge fund doing?

Reminder from last thread, this dip isnt over, yet.

Attached: doublebottom.jpg (652x414, 70K)

gotta reframe your mindset into one that is grateful for the good things, and enjoys the moments. it's the only way otherwise you'll just view all your moments as you already do

Power hour will bring everything to all time high, just watch

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1507231819218.png (700x700, 591K)

KEEP DROPPING

NEED THEM SWEET TVIX GAINS

remove your trip as punishment

Rip market.
I'm glad it's over.

Thinking of picking up some S (Sprint). I've been a cell junkie for a while and have had their service for nearly a decade.

Went from decent to shit tier to much improved. Not enough low spectrum bandwidth for in-building penetration using standard macro cell buildouts.

I could go on, but they are in a good place with 5G given their large amount of 2.1 to 2.6 GHz holdings and have been righting their ship financially for some time.

Just ran into this SA article which reinforced my thinking if investing.

seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4155931-sprint-turnaround-year

which member of Trump's cabinet havent been replaced yet? I need to figure out how long I need to short for.

yeah just let it be the big one already ffs

Did the GE bagholder off himself yet?

bearfags go back to your commie honeypot infinitychan

>actually wanting to overpay for your stocks

Yeah, a true 5g company.

not yet

Attached: 1493687485533.png (870x86, 20K)

Attached: 1477798779885.jpg (1024x904, 101K)

It is the absolute state of the bull

Attached: Bear Devour.jpg (500x503, 173K)

Buy the dip in CLDR. It's been having nothing but gains over the last two weeks.

Thank me later.

you can talk a big game and spam your shitty memes but everybody knows you're all talk with like a $1k robinhood account

you probably made less than $100 today

nasdaq hasnt even dipped to previous all time high, still in a rocket ship bull market would need to be under 6,000 for a while for anybody to think about bear market

this. bears have been getting fucked for months.

>Tech is leaving humanity behind

Attached: 1520889213172.jpg (271x271, 5K)

Just risk-off my shit up sempai.

Attached: IMG_1624.jpg (750x307, 39K)

Buy gold and silver, lads. It'll be a great hedge for what's about to happen.

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-142145.png (1440x2880, 216K)

what happened with ford?

Attached: shaking_pepe.jpg (1252x1252, 111K)

For all the shit talk that goes on in here why isn't there a Veeky Forums paper trading league for people to actually back up their claims?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1193x927, 118K)

i want my mommy

Yeah no, gold and silver could drop at the dime of a hat, they arent attractive investments anymore and kept low

Attached: 1483179766002.png (516x526, 205K)

>Paper trading

Attached: 1518888370255.png (912x905, 1.23M)

>Investors buy calls when they think the share price of the underlying security will rise or sell a call if they think it will fall

So if you can long and short with calls, what is the point of puts? Absolute brainlet here

Here is a story about a Goldman Sachs research note finding that "no safe havens -- and no assets or equity sectors -- have had a positive beta to the VIX recently." That is, when the CBOE Volatility Index goes up -- because the U.S. stock market becomes more volatile -- no asset class goes up with it; stocks and bonds and gold and oil all fall as stock-market volatility rises. (Bitcoin too, though Goldman doesn't say that.)

You could imagine a story in which the development of volatility products caused this breakdown in correlation: Back in the olden days, when you needed to buy gold to hedge against rising equity volatility, gold prices obligingly went up when equity volatility did. But now that you can buy equity volatility directly there is no need to hedge against it with gold, and gold has quite sensibly become a worse hedge against volatility.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-13/havens-just-aren-t-safe-any-more-as-markets-rumble-goldman-says

>t.brainlet

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-142649.png (2880x1440, 240K)

Red day on very low volume. Story of the sector tiday us good news = flat, no news =a couple percent red. I scooped up some discount shares on my US indoor growing tech play FFT at 65 cents earlier.

Not much to report really. I'm mostly using this flat or slight downward trend period to identify which small cap stocks are most stable and which have weak support.

Did anyone buy Arista Networks(ANET) on the $60 dip they had about 3 weeks ago and make a $70 per share profit already?

I feel so stupid I was going to buy it at $240 and decided not to and yesterday it was at $307

Attached: Arista.jpg (151x84, 2K)

awesome, you showed me nothing

hey man come to xaviers, we have an OTC room where we talk weed.
discord.me/xavier

you too

Potentially. Most carriers have holdings for 5g in the 20-60 GHz range which traditionally limits them to line of sight. Newer tech such as MIMO and beam forming increase range and make Non-LOS possible, but 5G, especially at those frequencies will require an antenna on every light pole.

AT&T is currently experimenting with inexpensive "plastic antennas" to offset the cost attached to deploying so many pico cells.

I'm thinking that Sprint will have the the 3g/4g equivalent of 600/700 MHz. Allows for less CAPEX needed to cover more area.

My concern is attached to backhaul, which Sprint has done terribly with in the past (using *maybe* bonded T-1s while rivals at a cell site are using 10/100 Mbit Metro-E and Fiber). They've used Microwave for tower to tower backhaul, so that's helped a bit.

I'm hoping that working with Charter helps in the backhaul department.

They've also been having customers help them by giving away 4G repeaters to customers and businesses. Smart move as 4G is more fragile than 3G.

>1 post by this ID

>Gold and Silver aren't attractive investments anymore
imagine how dumb you have to be to think this

based netflix

people itt think that looking at a chart is DD

buy RSII and GRCK

thank me later

xaviers is absolute garbage, kys you dumb brainlet nigger

Not as dumb as the person investing in gold and silver
fucking retards

Attached: 1509749882008.jpg (125x120, 3K)

Lot of hostility in this thread today.

sometimes this thread is full of hate, for no reason.. at all.. people just hate just to hate

need a good meme stock to swing within a few days

anything at a premo price?

uh huh over 200 users, most of which are here.
beginners, experts, and guys who have gotten good enough to quit their job and trade for a living, and bots to help you trade.. and you're gonna talk out of your ass?
everyone who joins the room loves it, quit bitching because you were too autistic to not be banned.

>Gold
>DD
This general is hopeless.

Attached: 1520889636631.png (645x729, 121K)

I'm sorry user, the fund is just not doing well today :(

It should be, Hate and Anger is peak of life

We're lovey dovey on green days i promise.

Attached: 1519043734521.png (306x306, 112K)

I just want to see all time SPY highs again :'(

Welcome to Veeky Forums

>bots to help you trade
sounds like you got some pros over there

gold has alot of things that effect it, not just its chart..

basically what everybody is already is doing when they shill some stock with no proof they have any skin in the game.

>2 posts by this ID
>shows up to shill hit shitty chat room where they circle jerk about their own intelligence
>"Everyone" is already their user!!
>that's why Xavier sends payed shills to desperately recruit dumb fags

Congratulations on your dumbass club, seriously

Attached: 1507573118013.png (708x702, 355K)

Alright alright we hit the previous ath nasdaq lets reverse now

Attached: 1505632189227.png (243x232, 98K)

crash?maybe?

Bear Cycle just started, strap in.

20 or so talented programmers.

Relax dude, I post the link once in a while for noobs asking questions, it helps them a lot.

NASDAQ double topped, countries are starting to bicker. Soon 10 years since the last recession, the longest period we've gone without a recession. I'm gonna buy the bags off you permabulls for cheap.

in your dreams fags
watch this, Power minutes, Shoot, or Ill do a handstand

>Brainler said gold was a bad investment
>Prove him wrong
?
Whatever. PREP THE BEAR.

Attached: 1519994832392.png (607x608, 382K)

I don't think there's gonna be safe havens during this crash. Sure, gold is a good hedge in the sense that it can't go to zero, but I don't expect it to do much better than the other things

Don't tell me to calm down you faggot, shove a broad sword up your asshole then canon ball of a building

Attached: 1507511637803.jpg (684x487, 139K)

didnt the market just have a borderline crash like 2 months ago, what the fuck is going on

Gold and silver arent inverse to the market retard, they will go down with the market because us dollar will rise
equities always performed better

I looked into it
Gold dip too in 2008
Gold is only good against hyperinflation

That's the fucking point of gold. It doesn't move, and only increases(slowly) in value, but check out what silver did during the last crash.

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-144759.png (1440x2880, 243K)

There's still Mattis. Who are the other adults in the white house?

Did I say anything about gold being inverse, idiot? Did I say there were safe havens? Gold is a hedge against fiat collapse, not your regular asset dumps

well actually, you fucking nigger, I replied to the wrong person

I feel the absolute R A G E ITT

Attached: 1488688777279.gif (365x359, 223K)

ok its cool guys we are mooning now

>AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
>MY PAPER

i lost 10 cents today

Attached: pepe_it_ends_now.jpg (228x221, 4K)

can I get a refund?

Attached: 1510772418391.png (104x32, 7K)

BASED

Just call the customer service and explain the situation carefully

will they take me to the moon?

Attached: michelle_obama.png (750x732, 386K)

what do you guys think of buying FENG tomorrow? thinking it might hit its 4.94 support and if it doesnt, even more reason to buy. Its in a nice dip at the moment

They'll give you what you deserve

are you one of those coinfags that come here to troll?

wow that was so fucking BASED
FUCKING BASED

JUST

Attached: Capture1.png (203x37, 3K)

are you ok, my dude?

It's only 1% you'll probably get that back and then some tomorrow

This is fine

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-150237.png (1440x2880, 161K)

will you be my sugar daddy?

I think he's lost it