Ham or Turkey for the Holidays?

Which do you prefer?

turkey

every single time I eat a ham at someone else's house for thanksgiving it tastes like christmas ejaculated all over it. cinnamon, clove, cardamom, etc

Duck - it's like the best of both worlds when you kosher/brine it.

Otherwise, turkey if it's not cooked back to life.

Turkey, hams are always commercial made fuck ups any time someone "makes" one.

My cousin does this with her ham, too much clove and whatever else spice she uses. I still eat it to be polite, but the flavor of the ham is overwhelmed.

I asked her if for Christmas dinner, I can make the ham, I have a mustard, bourbon and brown sugar glaze recipe that is really good.

Ham. It's very rare I have a Turkey cooked by someones else that isn't disgustingly dry and stringy. Ham is a lot harder to fuck up.

Ham. The soup possibilities from the leftovers are better and it stores longer.

turkey, but the way people prepare turkey usually makes it pretty dry. I just don't like ham. the way ham is prepared usually is pretty bad too. honestly fuck christmas

Could I ask for your recipe?

Use a bone in ham, but I like to score the fat prior to baking, and when it is close to done, maybe 15-20 mins, I take from the oven and remove the scored fat, brush with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with brown sugar, covering the ham, then using a spray bottle, spray the outside with the bourbon. Let it sit for a few minutes so the alcohol dissipates, place back inside the oven and increase heat to form a crust.

Both

Why must I share the same air as poor people?

Now I have a great need for ham.

We have a jew in the family so there's usually both

Honestly tho I like Ham more, especially ham shoulder god damn man

>have a jew in the family

Burgeois knows whats up

Mah nigga.

I usually do beef for Christmas, lamb for Thanksgiving.

Turkey is shit, and ham is boring.

Turkey, I fucking hate the texture of ham. At the same time, I've never bought ham that isn't cheap as fuck, so I'm probably missing out.

Ham. Just had Turkey for thanksgiving.

Ham.

Ham, even when a turkey is done correctly (and it rarely is) it's still not as good as ham to me. Plus you can do dank shit like split pea soup with leftovers.

Like another user said though, duck is also a good option.

I prefer turkey but my parents do prime rib so it makes coming down to visit them almost worth it

Tell those fuckers to go to the ham store or make a root beer glaze

I do a turkey every Christmas. I host it at my house.

Brits sure work hard to ruin a steak

>Brits sure work hard to ruin a steak
Brits have a better steak to deal with.
Their steaks aren't filled with Growth Hormones or Steroids. That stuff is illegal in Europe.

Turkey for Thanksgiving, Ham for Christmas.

Mah Nigga

Turkey. Ham tastes like sadness.

Yes goy it sure is illegal! Heheheh.

Yeah I know, mushrooms and steak never seem to go together.

>thanksgiving turkey
>christmas w/ friends ham
>christmas w/ family all the seafood

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

first off that picture is gross OP

ham>>>>turkey

thanksgiving: both
chrimbus: prime rib roast

I like a nice whole red snapper on Jesus's day.

I was thinking ham for Christmas this year.
Is there a difference between a cheap ham and an expensive ham?
My family has always just gotten a store brand ham, but since I do all the holiday cooking now, I wanted to do something different.
So is there any difference or is ham just ham?

The only difference I know between hams is country vs. city ham.

if you're getting wet cured "city hams" then the difference is water content. In America the labeling is:
Ham - just ham and at least 20.5% protein no water added
Ham With natural juices: 18.4% protein 7 - 8% water added
Ham with water added: 17% protein and 10% water added
Ham with water product with any amount of water added and it'll have it on the label.

then you have shank or butt end. with shank being a better fat/meat ratio and butt being leaner. The butt is harder to carve.

I hate country ham, it's hard and way too salty.
Is there a difference between any city hams though? Any superior brands?

Freshly cooked turkey, leftover ham.

I guess that makes my choice ham, since our dinners at home are normally marked with us getting into a fight and having a short, warm meal before leaving in disgust.

Taking home a nice sliced leftover ham that I don't have to pick off of bones when eating it out of the fridge is nice. But I do wish I could coerce the family into making our turkey differently. It's been the same for as long as I can remember - buttered with some flour in a plastic bag. I've never brined or fried one.

That's actually really helpful, thanks!

That's not a fish!

For me, it's the turducken.

my nigga
nothing like a fuck load of prawns and oyster christmas lunch with the whole senpai

Ham.

I already have Turkey on Thanksgiving, so I would rather have something else a month later.

>poor people
>potatoes and flyover beef casserole
>Winking Owl wine

Thanksgiving - turkey, of course

Christmas - BEEF. Preferably one of the following : standing rib roast, sauerbraten, or thick steaks with seafood (surf & turf).

For Thanksgiving it's both...but it is has to be turkey breast as noone in the family likes dark meat and for the ham, it can only be a good, salty country ham.

For Christmas, it is usually Duck and either Beef Tenderloin or a Beef Standing Rib Roast

Well you see it's like 43 degrees at xmas so your supposed to do sausages and steaks you dumb cunts.

What else you supposed to do in summer?

This. I've never known anyone who has ever actually bought a ham to cook. It's already cooked and they just heat it up. The jamie oliver recipe looks good. I might try it this year.

THE CORRECT ANSWER IS: BOTH.

I smoked a brisket a few years back to take to Christmas dinner. Everyone liked the break from the Turkey/Ham norm. Every year a get a few calls to make sure I'm smoking another one.

Both?

Yeah both.

neither, prime rib

ham, but it has to be that spiral cut shit.

Neither since I"m not allowed or would feel right to celebrate either.