Breakfast Cereals

Hey Veeky Forums. I'm a breakfast cereal fan (Crackling Oat Bran is my #1). What are your favorites?

Anything with an animal mascot and sugar

For me, it's Reese's Puffs. The best breakfast cereal.

i never understood why they made it that shape. It made it hard to eat. also it's way too sugary and disgusting cereal is for children

This cereal is for blacks only

Mate, I'm white as the motherfucking snow, and I love the shit out of Reese's Puffs. Hell, I love ANYTHING Reese's for that matter!! I pump fucking peanut butter and chocolate into my blood everyday till I get diabetes.

Fuck it.

Alright Veeky Forums,

I haven't had breakfast cereal in over 10 years. Convince me which cereal is the best, and I will get it during my next shopping trip.

Havrefras ("Quaker Oat Cushions").

Reese's puffs are pretty good, but if you want something that has at least the facade of being healthy, try Kashi-branded stuff. It's generally pretty good and if you get something vanilla flavored, you may love them as much as I do with some banana cut up inside. Honey bunches of oats are amazing too. Also good with banana. I don't eat many cereals that don't go well with banana. Maple brown sugar life is good too.

For me, it's multi grain cheerios.

Cracklin' Oat Bran is king due to the fact that it actually gets better as you let it sit in milk. It's absolute genius.

Those look interesting. Are they more the texture of Quaker Oat Squares or Frosted Mini Wheats sans the frosting?

Geezus this needs to come back.

I'll ask the guy who invented it... he was a prof. of mine. Though I would guess it has something to do with maximizing surface area as the cereal is kind of slow to absorb milk.

And yes - cereal IS super sugary. Shit's decadent. My favorite quote on it came from the guy who invented it: "Know why it tastes like cookies? It IS cookies!!!"

I don't know, I've never had those. Havrefras (roughly "oat crisp") is pretty common here in Sweden, but I don't think I've seen those two.

It's a very thin but hard shell around a hollow inside. The texture is a little bit like crisp bread, but thinner.

тнey вroυgнт ιт вacĸ, ι вoυgнт ιт jυsт тнe oтнer day. jυsт as sнιттy as ι reмeмвer.

Hah! Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my favorite cereal, Lucky Charms is a very close second.

My mother and I used to fight over the French Toast Crunch. I thought Fruit Loops were the "black '''people'''" cereal?

Literally the best food of all time, closely followed by

Master tier: Grape nuts over unsweetened yogurt, with some spare jelly or jam on top for sweetness.

cocoa fresh

Holy shit. You actually made breakfast cereal, generally a totally shit, sweet commodity (which does have its place), into something a human being could eat on a daily basis! My hat is off to you, good sir.

Has anyone tried these? They were apparently made by Quaker Oats until 2014, when it was sold to Post. I love graham crackers, but I have to keep sugary cereals out of my house.

To be honest I'll eat about any cereal though.

I've never seen this. Does it actually crackle?

Grape-Nuts: You'll Love the Crunch

pic related is severely underrated

highly doubt it's healthy at all despite the branding.

I don't eat cereal
I'm lazy so I avoid carbs like the plague

Make way for the king

Can you see why it's the GOAT cereal?

It has a more granola-ey texture. They are basically tiny cookies that melt into granola in milk. If you're going for maximum decadence, you should probably put half and half on it.

I think I'm going to! The lack of sugar intrigues me.

Nigga I can /taste/ it.

I could demolish a box of this in one sitting.

Right now? The base Honey Bunches of Oats, Malt O meal's fake Captain Crunch /w crunch berries, French Toast Crunch, Corn checks.
Rest in pieces to the OG King Vitamin. We miss you family.

wheat chex have a special place in my heart.

Just got this for the first time today and it was delicious for $2.5 a box

best cereal

this is the best, so comforting to have thsoe big chunks of wheat and frosting in your mouth

>that last one that has been in the milk for the whole bowl

almost better than sex

Hence why I can't keep sugary cereals in my house. Last time I had a box of Captain Crunch shit got kinda weird.

Off-brand cereals are dank. The huge Malt-O-Meal bags are GOAT, both in terms of quality and packaging.

You are the worst kind of person. Soggy cereal is nasty, which is exactly why Cracklin' Oat Bran is GOAT.

"soggy" mini wheats are not even soggy by normal cereal standards though due to their high density

>not buying off brand
damn I thought there were more cheapskates here

What's wrong with indulging once in a while.

>buying off brand
im not poor so i have no need to do this

You're right - they don't sog so much as moosh. Still gross. Cracklin' Oat Bran falls into this soft, sweet granola-ey substance and is just orgasmic.

Self loathing?

>loading on carbs for breakfast

guaranteed way to make your day shitty, and tired by 2pm

Marshmallow Maties >>> Lucky Lame-Ass Charms.

my nigga

This

Dafuq is that?

animal crackers, but for breakfast. they're nice if you want something low in fat.

Animal are my favorite type of crackers. The chocolate ones are novel. The frosted ones are crack.

>frosted

okay, at some point we can't call these crackers anymore

Heyheyhey - the dough is the same, maintaining its cracker status. The frosting is irrelevant... Deliciously irrelevant.

Hell yeah, this and crispex are the best.

Crispex is the best unsweetened cereal! It's all about those hot little hexagons hold the milk.

I hate to burst your bubble but crispix is not unsweetened.

>Milled Corn, Rice, Brown Sugar, Salt, Malt Flavoring, Baking Soda, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Iron, Niacinamide, turmeric Color, Zinc Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D

I stand corrected. The food industry puts sugar into everything. They know.

Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds