Why is Ben and Jerry's ice cream expensive?

Is it worth the price?

Other urls found in this thread:

benjerry.com/whats-new/systemic-racism-is-real
brandeating.com/2015/07/explaining-why-some-ice-cream-is-frozen-dairy-dessert.html
sweets.seriouseats.com/2010/07/how-to-make-ice-cream-without-an-ice-cream-maker-the-food-lab.html
uoguelph.ca/foodscience/book-page/overrun-calculations
amazon.com/dp/B00004RDF0/
youtube.com/watch?v=KrbMvoZgppw
seriouseats.com/2015/07/ice-cream-myths.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not really. Blue Bell is superior and doesn't throw its money at every goddamned leftist cause out there

Yeah they just throw it in the garbage next to their infected product

Because its hippie shit made by wanna-be Vermont artisans. Or at least that's what they want you to believe. Happy cows and shit.
One of the company owners was recently arrested at a Bernie Sanders/Black Lives Matter rally in Washington DC. If that matters to you, that's the guy taking your money if you buy this.
Buy their ice cream is you buy-in to their politics. Don't you love it when food items are tied into a whole political ecosystem?

Eh. It's ice cream with real sugar and enough fat in it to 1) be dubbed 'premium' and 2) have decent texture. If you want a massively novel flavor, go for it. If you want better quality for the price, I'd skip it and get Talenti gelato.

benjerry.com/whats-new/systemic-racism-is-real

don't waste your money supporting these jewish marxists

Superior ice cream incoming

Why must /pol/ inject politics into every subject matter?

We won, Trump is President. Stay in /pol/or the comments section on msn.com.

Nigga, it's fucking ice cream. [spoiler]Chill the fuck out.[/spoiler]

Graeters - the only thing to eat after Skyline.

*goldstar

assuming you didn't get mugged

Eh - they're owned by Unilever now. Any crap like that is probably just Unilever trying to portray Ben and Jerry's olde hippie ways.

Jesus Christ. Its worse than I thought.
Isn't Vermont like 99% White? I suggest we relocate the entire Chicago ghetto to Vermont, that would be an excellent learning experience for these folks who value diversity SO MUCH.

It's not hippie-owned any more. Flip over the carton: it bears the Unilever U.

It's so fucking good, whenever I get some I just want to eat the whole tub.

It's so expensive though so it's something you only have occasionally.

Upvoted.

got some last night

People that live in major, rich cities are far more likely to encounter blacks that contribute to society.

But go ahead and continue your senseless ramble on how the 'niggers' are the cause of your problems and your own incompetence.

I mentioned Chicago because I live here, asshole.
The ones who are out of touch are the people in Vermont. Their encounter with black folks is limited to Dr. Heathcliff "Cliff" Huxtable on the Cosby Show.
See, black people are medical professionals and family men! We should march on their behalf! Such wholesome people!
I stand by my recommendation that Vermont should be 50% black before they have a valid opinion on the matter. Isolated people are so easily brainwashed, they have no experience whatsoever.

>rich cities
>Chicago ghetto

do you not know what the ghetto is?

Sure it's worth the price if you like to eat giant planks of frozen chocolate with ice cream the consistency of frozen over churned butter

In Europe it's really expensive because most countries only have absolute garbage ice cream in supermarkets. Like the most basic flavors that taste like shit.

Ben and Jerrys has stuff like cookie dough, brownie etc which is normal to americans but pretty "exotic" to europeans

/pol/ isn't doing anything.

It's fucks like Pepsi that literally tell their customers "if you support trump don't buy our product."

When was the last time a right leaning company did that?

another overly sensitive trumpet triggered by words. when will you fuckers realize youre just as annoying as sjws. stay on your board faggot

Provide evidence that Pepsi ever said that. A Breitbart or Alex Jones or any other propaganda site doesn't count. I want evidence: a video, an interview, something real.

>The right never does that

>What is chick fil a

Almost every southern state has laws that businesses can deny service to whoever they want for whatever reason they want. These laws have historically been used to discriminate blacks.

20 years ago it would've been worth the price.

>weapons of choice
>blacked.com

Chick fillet doesn't do that. The owner spent some of his own money on controversial political stuff

>Don't you love it when food items are tied into a whole political ecosystem?
Yeah, it's great!

Still no evidence of quote. Hmmmm.

So you are trying to victimize yourself over words that were never actually said. You are literally offended at nothing, absolutely nothing. At least sjws get offended at actual words.

So chick fil a spending money to prevent gay rights- a real action with harmful consequences isnt as bad as a fake quote youre upset about. Why are you such a pussy?

Because it's made by kikes, why else.

Freudian projection

Anyone else notice the massive decrease in the amount of mix-ins since unilever took over the brand?

Pls tell me I'm not the only one

>Buy their ice cream is you buy-in to their politics. Don't you love it when food items are tied into a whole political ecosystem?
>It's fucks like Pepsi that literally tell their customers "if you support trump don't buy our product."
this.

stay on your side retard
>>>/tumblr/

Hey, Listeria monocytogenes is my favorite flavor!

Thank god - someone else who thinks frozen chocolate is a gross consistency. Mint chocolate chip ice cream makes no sense to me.

> vanilla, chocolate or strawberrie ice cream is absolute garbage and taste like shit.
>cookie dough and brownie flavored ice cream is superior
I don't think Veeky Forums is the appropriate board for you.

You aren't! And the new filler they must have acquired to put the 'cores' into the ice cream? Pretty nifty stuff.

>triggered by words
Yeah, if some company tells me people like me are undesired then I am fucking triggered.

I don't like the cores. The core always ends 2/3 through the ice cream.

Cinnamon Buns is worth it but almost all of their other flavors just have too much stuff in them, it's like eating candy or fudge/etc stripes with occasional ice cream in between. I started buying Haagen Dazs more because the flavors are basic.

>american education system
I can't wait for Betsy to defund public schools even more, wew fuckin laddie

pic related

>le no breitbart source
>oh but cnn is unbiased reporting :^^^^^^^^^^^)

bleach.

>Haagen Dazs ducle de leche.

Why are there any other ice cream flavors?

Monica

I don't mind frozen chocolate bits but not the fucking 2x4 planks of teeth shattering hell they put in theirs

>Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Party
You try this, I'll try the Haagen Dazs

they have great coconut and pistachio. the chocolate is pretty blah. the mint is shit. shiiit!

pistachio ice cream > your favorite ice cream flavor.

Häagen-Dazs is the same price and way better

Considering god damn wheat flour is in the first 5 ingredients fuck no it aint, unless you like wacky flavours.
Haagen Dazs is far superior in flavour, taste, and ingredients as far as store bought ice cream goes

This one is my favorite, followed by the salted caramel

You don't choose to be black you fucking imbecile

I've never seen that flavour in my area. Their white russian flavour is absolutely amazing

Yeah I moved recently and can't find it now either
Will definitely try white russian

Fellow Ohioan detecte

My nigga, also black raspberry chip a best

*detected

Democracy Now had nothing to do with Bernie Sanders or Black Lives Matter.

it was a bipartisan protest to encourage congress to get money out of politics. Something that both people on the left and the right want.

I'm not American

Black people were discriminated against for something they had no control over. no one is forcing you to be a fact-denying bigot who thinks trickledown economics works

then how about this

see

Jews is the same thing, when people discriminate against jews they're against the hebrew people not judaism itsself

because it's the best, yes if it's on any discount

Jesus user you're a mind reader, that's the one I bought.

You seriously think Clinton wanted money out of politics? You are actually retarded.

She took money from Saudi Arabia for fucks sakes.

Lush donates money to groups who go and attack people with iron bars for lawfully hunting. That's just one example of how companies chose to politicize themselves.

see
Also jews have been discriminated against throughout history, (remember the holocaust?), and to a level comparable to that african americans

We're talking about ice cream, more specifically ben and jerry's, and I'm quite disappointed to see so many people still think it's quality shit, not bath and body products, on top of that it's a UK based company. Try again. Actually don't if you're not going to talk about ice cream.

>(remember the holocaust?)

That's not true. In Nazi Germany it was a race thing, but in most other cases in history, anti-Semitism was because of religious reasons.

But let's return to the topic: So you think it's perfectly fine if companies discriminate against people with a certain political opinion? And let's make it clear: We are not talking about some kind of extremism but of the support of a certain presidential candidate!
How about this: Imagine Google and Facebook would start a vegan campaign. If they find a pic or note in your account which proves that you're eating meet than you will receive a lifetime ban, which means no more Google store, no more Facebook, no more Youtube account etc.
Also it's no longer possible to google for non-vegan related things anymore.
Well, how does it feel if someone tells you how you have to think and what you have to like?

Their Tonight Dough is good. I also really like their exclusive Texas flavor

The topic at hand is ice-cream you silly cunt

It would be massively destructive for a company to do that. Companies have every right to refuse service to people, but the consequence is that someone else will pick up that business. If Facebook and Google were to do that, you better believe there will be a company willing and waiting to pick up the customers that they alienated.

>What is absolute monopoly?

no ethical consumption etc.

>Why is Ben and Jerry's ice cream expensive?

Their product isn't 50% whipped-in air.

>Is it worth the price?

Yes.

>Get generic grocery brand vanilla
>Better than 99% of exotic "artisan" ice creams

How recent is this? I've seen their hippie shit on Facebook as recently as June.

Costs $13 a pint in Australia

I just want brands that use real vanilla and no gums. Natural ingredients

shut the hell up

Making your own ice cream is incredibly fun senpai

The thing about expensive ice cream is that has a higher milk-fat and doesn't have a lot of air whipped into it as it's churned as said. The increase in volume that occurs from the chilled ice cream base to final product is called "overrun".
brandeating.com/2015/07/explaining-why-some-ice-cream-is-frozen-dairy-dessert.html
sweets.seriouseats.com/2010/07/how-to-make-ice-cream-without-an-ice-cream-maker-the-food-lab.html
uoguelph.ca/foodscience/book-page/overrun-calculations

The thing about home-made ice cream is you really need a machine capable of getting the base frozen as fast as possible to keep large ice crystals from forming that destroy the creamy texture you are looking for. Home freezers really aren't up to the task, and for best results you need a compressor-based refrigerate maker and those can run several hundred dollars like this one:
amazon.com/dp/B00004RDF0/
youtube.com/watch?v=KrbMvoZgppw

I thought about using some dry ice packed around my kitchen-aid mixer bowl to simulate the same effect. Otherwise, it's like American-Chinese food and Pizza in that the needed hardware is mostly inaccessible for the home-cook to achieve professional results.

A little ice cream conditioner added isn't going to negatively impact texture and taste and aids in curtailing ice crystal formation along the supply chain sort of like the use of diastatic malt powder in bread baking, but then they go overboard in lower tier brands and you end up with cold laffy taffy.
seriouseats.com/2015/07/ice-cream-myths.html

is that QT lindsay lohan on the right?

no

$3.50 is expensive? Plus they always have the 2 for 5 every month

don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but iceland in the uk does Cookie Doe, Mint Whatever, chocolate fudge brownie and caramel chew at 2.50 bongs

i jump on that ,fuck paying 5 bong a pop

I quite like Krogers Ice cream

And its always a 1$

>Upvoted
That gave me a chuckle

Who makes a good birthday cake ice cream, and where can i get it from

>unconsious racial bias

JAYSUS CHRIST the fuck are these retards thinking are they fucking mind readers

"Worth it" is a strange concept when it comes to a luxury food like ice cream. If you're poor you just buy whatever's cheap. If you're rich you don't even look at the price. But trying to calculate the value of a luxury food product is some real middle class bullshit. If it seems expensive to you then you're probably too poor to buy it - it's not a product for you. It's a product for someone with enough money to see it as an affordable indulgence.

liberal cocksuckers, boycott this shit

>buying pedolever products

I miss you so much

>Is it worth the price?
YOU GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG GOD DAMNIT
CMON