Is this good hummus? I just bought a bunch of it

Is this good hummus? I just bought a bunch of it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre
alternet.org/world/companies-and-consumer-products-boosting-israels-brutal-occupation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't like it. I get the store brand before Sabra. Tastes funny to me for some reason

it's not bad. tastes like hummus. I still like my homemade better but am usually too lazy to make it.

It's great if you like your hummus infested with listeria. They had a major recall, so i'm surprised you were able to still buy it

is this what all hummus tastes like? i thought it was a little too much bean flavor but its the one hummus ive tried

Neh - kind of has a sticky/pasty mouthfeel. But, desu, I'm not a hummus fan. I prefer my chickpeas whole!

Honestly, I didn't really like it. The local Greek and other Middle Eastern restaurants do it much better but if you are looking for a commercial brand I would say fontaine sante is by far my favourite. You can find it at costco.

Is there a bigger rip-off than store bought hummus? Make it yourself, idiot.

Last time I bought Sabra I got a call from the grocery store saying it had been recalled for some bacteria or something

May want to check dates and production location. A bunch of their shit just got voluntarily recalled for listeria contamination

>Is this good hummus? I just bought a bunch of it

firstly, good job on buying premade hummus. unless it was on sale there should be no reason you would need to buy it, since its cheaper to make yourself.

secondly, it's all a matter of opinion. some people like it, some people don't. personally i think it's okay.

F

>Hummus

It's gross

i think of this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre and the scum Israelis that profit off that over priced shit. make your own dude its so easy

yeah, seriously, they just had a recall last week for that exact product.

>Kebabs removed by Lebanese Christians
>REEEEEE FUCKING JEWS

??

apparently reading is hard for you but first paragraph states that they were ordered by the IDF. and sabra supports the IDF directly alternet.org/world/companies-and-consumer-products-boosting-israels-brutal-occupation

make your own you goddamn philistine

Tahini isn't cheap.

Tahini: 1 cup toasted sesame seeds in blender. Olive oil to the consistency you want (thin or thick) and blend to form paste.

Where's the expense? The electricity for the blender?

Confirmed

None of them are safe, the dates or where they're produced don't matter. Just throw that shit away.

Not that user, but I can't seem to find sesame seeds anywhere I look. I feel fucking cursed, they're always out when I make the trip to the store I know they're at.

How the hell did your grocer know you bought it?

>buying plain hummus

No.

/thread

He made that shit up

I know I'll probably get shit on for this, but Whole Foods has raw in bulk. Also, any Asian market will have them. You have to toast them but you can do that quckly in a skillet.

F

yes if you like listeria monocytogenes

Like most commercially made hummus they use citric acid instead of lemon juice, which makes the results less nuanced in terms of flavor. It doesn't have the kind of freshness the lemon juice brings to home made. Also using soybean oil instead of olive undermines the flavor a little. So while the end result tastes like hummus it's pretty dumbed down tasting hummus. Also it's not quite as creamy as a really good hummus should be.

Major Recall on sabra hummus

If you have a rewards card with that store and ask them if it tracks your shopping and they say no?
They are fucking lying.

We track the shit out of that.

F

The best hummus Ive ever had was at this small Israeli deli in Riverdale, NY.
The Israelis might have (((questionable))) ties to things but damn if they don't make amazing hummus and pita bread.

>ate a shitload of this today
>read the thread and findout about the recall
welp RIP me.

good bye user o7

Olive oil is expensive as fuck.

i just survived the food poisoning off this. godspeed,

I like the roasted red pepper hummus on a turkey sandwich

Plain flavor actually tastes a lot worse than-holy fuck I just realized that recall is probably why the last batch I had tasted off. I didn't get sick but my mouth started feeling chalky and gross

But as I was saying, the pine but one is way better than orig

what's the difference between a lentil and a chickpea?

never paid to have a lentil on my face