Al/ck/

Old thread is kill, long live new thread.

Starting off with a question, do you even bother with measuring/portion control anymore? As in, do you still use a 0,2 or 0,5 glass, full glass, mug, straight out of the bottle? Where are you right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-holland-netherlands-dutch-euthanised-alcohol-addiction-alcoholic-netherlands-a7446256.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i drank one time a few years ago. not even close to worth.

>decided to see what hype is all about. >buy 750 ml jameson bottle
>holy fuck like $50
>get home, get on vidya
>k time for shot
>oww that burned and it tastes like grass that someone threw up in
>whatever take another shot
>another one
>another one
>nothing
>dont feel drunk. still seeing normally. still pwning on vidya
>start chugging shots
>an hour later roughly 650ml gone
>whatever this sucked
>get up. dizzy. get urges to do a bunch of stupid shit. somehow walk downstairs and manage to take dog for a walk and back safely.
>walk to bedroom
>about to call ex and beg for sex
>forget what i was doing. fall face first onto bed.
>pass out for 2 hours
>wake up
>worst nausea of my life. everythings spinning. everything hurts. puke for 45 minutes straight.
>pass out for 4 more hours
>wake up
>sick for 2 days

fuck you alcoholics. booze is for degenerates. never again.

>question

I don't care. I usually do right from a glass with a little mixer. Never measured

Also:
I drink every night. It started in law school. I am a couple of years out, work nearly 60-70 hours a week now. I leave my bustling office to return to nothingness (my nice apartment) I try to work out/run at least 4 times a week to kill the time and stay in shape. This only partially fills the void. After I leave work, work out, I still have a couple of hours to kill before bed. So I hit the bottle, usually about 5-6 drinks before I am tired.

I work every day to avoid being alone. I know that when I am alone, I get bored/lonely so I start drinking heavily. I have dated before, (women seem to like me as attractive and personably) but I tend to get bored with relationships and leave.

This thanksgiving has been especially heinous, because the entire office is closed for some maintenance issue. No one in or out. I went to my Family dinner, and left after it was over. I went to the bar. The next day I started drinking wine before breakfast. I haven't stopped. I have work tomorrow and will probably fall asleep in 3-4 hours.

Am I an alcoholic? I fear that eventually I will not be able to work anymore and my life will spiral out of control into a drug-induced binge for 5 years before I die in an accident or liver poisoning.

What do I do? I have tried other hobbies. None seems to provide me with the satisfaction I get from drinking, working, and exercise.

>first time drinking was alone

you must be a tremendous faggot. Eat shit.

Of course you're an alcoholic. The "I drink every day to take my mind off my empty and meaningless existence" is a good giveaway.

Yes, you're probably headed for worse than you have it now. It's going to become increasingly hard to do anything about it.

>What do I do?
I'll be fucked if I know. I got married and had a kid, and it all kept my drinking at bay for a couple of years, but I'm slipping again and can't find anything new to hold on to.

Finding a point in life? Corny as it may sound. Find a partner worth being there for.
>she gon cheat on you with BBC Chad anyway and take your house and kids
Might happen, doesnt have to.
Life is unpredictable, so you just have to take it as is, instead of pondering endlessly.

Im in almost the same boat as you, actually, or at leas rowing next to you, but with the flip side of the coin. Good woman who I can see my future with, but working a dead-end loser job with no skills.

We have to set ourselves some goals, because like that goodfornothing nigger Denzel said, Dreams without goals are just dreams.

In any case, cheers to you, working-in-the-morning-but-not-giving-a-fuck-drinking-anyway bro.

Small tip: when not overly hung over, drop a propyphenzone/caffeine combo with lots of water somewhere an hour before you need to wake up. You may not be clear as day, you may even fail a breathalizer test, but there will be no headache and you will be able to function (until you get to some caffeine source at least).
tl;dr ever feel like taking some of your fellow al/ck/oholics for a drink and talk shit over? I feel a lot of us need just that.

Im on a bottle of bourbon every 2 nights. 70cl, massive measures with a mixer. I have a lot of free time and it leads me going to the shop at 6:30pm and not stopping drinking until im ready to be sick or tired. See if I just stop this, am I going to run into any withdrawal risks?

Read. Get into philosophy. Learn about your emptiness.

Are you trying to kill him as quickly as possible or have you actually ever found philosophy to offer reasons to live?

Idk, all philosophy has ever done for me was that it made me more depressed. Though some of the Eastern stuff was somewhat calming, even while reaffirming that it's all meaningless.

So I guess you may be on to something. Any recommended authors?

Drink 12 beers a night on top of half-5th of whisky. I have auditory hallucinations all the time, trouble sleeping and weird dreams. Visiual fuck ups(don't know how to explain)

Been doing his for 7-8 years. Somehow I maintain a job. My life is miserable though

Nope, I just put it into a glass over ice and add water or soda until the bottle is gone.

I measure units consumed by bottle now although I'm presently two days sober.

lol babby's first bottle of Jameson.

>had my first bottle of Jameson when i was 17 (cost about $40 AUD)
>ended up drinking underage b& in park with mates
>drank about half the bottle having nips, ended up chugging the other half towards the end
>went to meet friend, went from zero to FUCKED so fast
>spent the rest of the night collapsing mid-walk, projectile vomiting probably almost died of alcohol poisoning.

Actually haven't had a drink since Thursday last week and that was a screwdriver, not like multiple drinks or anything. Although I smoke a lot of pot and stuff to chill in my downtime since it's cheaper than getting drunk unless you homebrew.

Piss off you fucking normalfags.

Is crazy Smirnoff guy still with us or is he kill?

Haven't been to these threads in a while. Still drinking far too much and too often but I am still at the stage where it is fun, I feel pretty much fine, and have no real reason to stop other than knowing it is bad for me. Going to start Witcher 3 again tonight, such a comfy game to play when drunk as shit

hit a low ive not been at for a good while

woke up family after drinking around 8L of cider because i was attemptingto make food at 3am
completely blacked out, dont know what the fuck happened or what i did
apparently i was sent to my bed. i wasnt able to speak. i fell over and hit my head at one point i think
whelp. now they know im back drinking, i should now probably stop drinking forever.

i fucking hate my total incompetence when it comes to being sober

Who else here got drunk to the point shitting himself? Happened to me twice, I'm only 20 so both cases were witnessed by family members, of all the stupid shit I did in my life I have never been more ashamed than after those two times. The worst part is cleaning up - went about 2 months without being able to look at any alcoholic drink.

i went into work today but they didnt need me so i started drinking at around 10am, now im 5 beers deep and i think im gonna keep going. luckily i live alone and i dont have to answer to anyone

Alcoholic here.

Question for fellow alcoholics, is it even fun for you anymore?
I mean, it's still "fun" for me in a sense but I feel like it just brings me up to a baseline. Like what I normally felt pre-alcohol. Also, I find it nearly impossible to watch TV or movies sober anymore. Thankfully I can still vidya sober, and actually prefer to so I don't suck.

>Question for fellow alcoholics, is it even fun for you anymore?
no

>I mean, it's still "fun" for me in a sense but I feel like it just brings me up to a baseline. Like what I normally felt pre-alcohol. Also, I find it nearly impossible to watch TV or movies sober anymore. Thankfully I can still vidya sober, and actually prefer to so I don't suck.
alcohol doesnt help me be better at anything, in fact i am much worse at things i am good at when im drunk

Worst I did was throw up in my sleep a couple times after a huge night out when I was in my late teens early 20s. Never had any butt trouble.
I imagine the second time was way worse than the first?

Perhaps Siddharta by Herman Hesse.

I am also more interested in the eastern stuff.

>tfw alcoholic and do alcohol reward and dependence research

At least I'm not conflicted about animal research, most of what I do to my animals I do to myself.

I'd give anything to be a rat lever pressing for drugs in an operant box until death.

drink it more slowly. i would wait like 20 min between each shot if i were u so u can carefully get urself to a nice spot. if u just have a few u will rly enjoy the feel

What should I pick up from the LCBO when I head over there tomorrow night my fellow Ontario canooks?
Don't drink wine or vodka.

If hard, first glass or two I eyeball it so the flavor doesn't ruin what I'm eating. If I'm not eating anything works really. As the night progresses the liquor to soda ratio increases in liquors favor.

Typically I drink wine, I use a glass for the nonexistent classiness factor but count by bottles. I don't like day old wine, so if I open it I finish it. Alcohol should not be wasted.

Haven't been sober for more than 12 hours in the last 2 weeks. Can't stand being sober when I go to bed, because the emptiness starts to set in and I can't fall asleep. Ironically, due to the drinking (I believe) I wake up with cold sweats throughout the night and never feel fully rested anyways. So in order to counter that I take ambien while drinking, but my tolerance has built up to the point that I still don't fall asleep if I have a distraction (TV, Movies, My fellow al/ck/s etc.). So I still end up getting shitfaced, but also almost guarantee a blackout.

I use sex and alcohol so that I can forget about the constant emptiness I feel, as well as my responsibilities, but when I'm alone, the emptiness is overwhelming, so I always turn to alcohol.

Alcoholics don't die peacefully. It's really bad in the end. My girl will leave me if I drink more than once a week, so I pound a 750ml whiskey down each week. It's still fun but it's getting boring. More of an escape from a mountain set of bills that never seem to cease.

It's insane. I'm doing this knowing I don't have to but I keep choosing to.

Socially anxious al/ck/ here.

I feel like my drunk and sober self are warring against each-other. When I'm sober I think about the things I did while drinking and I hate myself and I want to kill myself. When I drink I feel content and pleased with myself.

I don't want to stop because I don't really feel like myself when I'm sober.

What drugs can I get to make myself happy without alcohol. I don't want to die at 35 from liver failure but I also don't want to go to a psychologist. I've heard SSRIs numb you and kill your sex drive permanently which is the last thing I want.

Are all rums this sweet?

Drinking this and never really got into rum.

Absolutely not. That's not even "rum" in the real sense of the word, that's a flavored drink that's based on rum.

Is this more of the "real deal"?
I drank it a week ago, and remember that I liked it but I was too drunk to remember what about it I liked.

I drank the dark one.

>Are all rums this sweet?

well, rum is made from SUGAR cane so...

... i think it's ghastly to be honest.

Yes, that's more of the real deal.

Also keep in mind that there's many different variations with rum. You've got your white rum (un-aged), your dark rum (aged in wood barrels), "black" rum (molasses-like taste), and then highly aged rums that taste a lot any highly aged spirit. There's spiced rum too. Among your standard white/dark rums you have variation between the different areas which make it. There's a lot of variation there.

The "it" being rum or bacardi?

The sweetness I get but it taste kinda like some sort of vanilla candy, seems fishy desu.

Impressive. You must have a cast iron liver.

Actually the second time I didn't even remember how it happened just woke up still drunk af and went to toilet and to drink some water. When I came back I saw a couple dried chunks of shit on the carpet. Still was to fucked up to do anything so I cleaned everything up when I woke up a couple of hours later.

The first time was sort of more embarassing because my grandfather (former alcoholic too) cleaned after me after I drank too much to be able to find the shitter with my ass (ended up on the floor). I fucking wish I was lying.

No you'll be good. Maybe minor withdrawal, but it shouldn't be too noticeable. You should cut down before it gets worse though, it always does.

2nd night sober
got the shakes
cant fucking sleep yet
at least i ate some green vegetables and fruit today, hopefully that will help me get through this bullshit.

ive come to the realisation that i have to never drink again, or im just going to remain an active alcoholic and die by the time i am 30

Story? What were the reactions the second time around?

>Visiual fuck ups

Not sure if it's what you're describing, but during the day when I start getting withdrawal symptoms before I can have a drink it's like my vision is one of those old movie theater reels, like I'll get quick black splotches and dashes across my vision every once in a while

Keep at it bro, it sucks ass but just try to remember the anxiety and shitty feelings of withdrawals and try to think of that when you inevitably contemplate drinking in the future. Is one night of being drunk worth the multiple days after having shakes and sweating?

Do Americans really measure alcohol when they're drinking?

>ive come to the realisation that i have to never drink again, or im just going to remain an active alcoholic and die by the time i am 30

That's the sad realization for a lot of us. I hate that my friends can go out, have 2 or 3 beers and call it a night and go to bed without having the urge to keep going. But I just can't do that, I have a lot better luck just saying I'm not going to drink that night. When I commit to not drinking, it's fine because I'm in that mindset. But when I say "eh, I'll just have a couple" I end up drinking until I black out

I've been a real heavy drinker for about 5 years now. I used to drink until I blacked out every night but in recent months I've started getting into fights and causing trouble with friends and family. I've never been like that before and it kind of scares me. I guess I'm either going to have to cut it completely or learn how to moderate myself better.

it's time to cut it. you know it'll just get worse.

>Starting off with a question, do you even bother with measuring/portion control anymore?

I get a handle per week and usually finish it, mostly due to Football season my alcohol consumption has gone up. I still however limit myself to 1 handle a week unless coworkers want to go out

the problem is that drinking alleviates those feelings, if only for a night, but if you dont drink then that's all you're left with for an indefinite amount of time

I'm on Buproprion, it's an antidepressant that doesn't kill your sex drive.

I've been buying moonshine at work for $5/24oz. Shit will make you retarded it's great. Supporting my fellow employees is cool too

don't fuck with antidepressants

Sitting here with my delicious "meme beer", got some flatbread pizzas working, I'm feeling comfy

Idk if stone is considered 'meme'

They have some good beers at decent prices.

Well lads, 25 years old and I've been diagnosed with alcholoic pancreaitis and fatty liver. Not sure how to feel

Shit man, how long have you been drinking/how much per day? I'm 24 and have been drinking heavily for about 2 years now and always justify it by saying I'm young and can handle the physical problems. What's the "treatment plan" for that, besides not drinking?

Ever since I turned 21. I drank some before then but not like I did once I was legal. The plan is basically to stop drinking. It's reversible at this point. I also need to lose some fucking weight.

Didn't get through the full bottle of Wild Turkey last night. Now there's two or so drinks left in the bottle sitting on the bench tempting me. I had planned to be done with booze until Christmas after that bottle but now that it's a new night I'm sure that if I drink it I'll end up buying another bottle.

how long after taking antibiotics does one need to wait to start drinking again?

how often and how much do you drink?

That's bad news. Is the damage reversible?

How much do you drink a day?

how much do you weigh?

Im 24 and have been heavy for a bit. kinda worried

im on buproprion and lamotrigine

its alright; makes sober daily life way easier when im in a sad phase

no sex drive issues from those two, just whiskey dick

I drink about 16 ounces (~475mL) a night. Sometimes more. I was told it's reversible but I need to stop drinking and watch my diet. Whether this means I'm done drinking forever is anybody's guess but I think for now I'm just gonna back away from the bottle.
5'9 250lbs
Before booze I was below 200. Fuckin alcohol man

Whats a cheap way to keep getting drunk? I don't care about taste but even bottles of vodka are a bit much at times.

But then I'd rather not be seen buying frosty jack stuff from a shop. Considering buying champagne yeast and brewing my own stuff out of cheap orange juice or something, think it's viable?

I make my own booze but it takes a lot of work and isn't really price friendly for the home distiller/drinker.

It takes a week to make my mash and then a day to distill it, then after 5 weeks I run it all down and get about 5 gallons of 110 proof whiskey.

And that's not drinking any of it for a month.

The recipes I saw seemed decent from just juice and a pack of yeast, that can make like 7% stuff in a couple of days.

I'm not after making my own good microbrewed beers or whisky or anything. I just want to get that warm feeling cheap.

well I guess if you want to drink alcohol slurry then you can dump baker's yeast into a tub of honey but it's not my cup of tea.

I think I'm a pretty bad alky but I haven't stooped that low, good luck.

Fuck man, that is a wake up call if ever I saw one. I am a similar age and been drinking heavily since I was 21, especially in the past year so I am worried about this and trying to cut down.

What symptoms did you have? Glad to hear it is reversible.

Painful as fuck abdominal pain in the upper right side and I couldn't hold anything down for the life of me. I'd just violently vomit it back up. I've got a prescription for painkillers and anti-nausea meds.
I'm not gonna be touching booze for a long time. The withdrawals will be miserable but I don't want to fucking die.

But you should be fine long term though? Good luck man, have you been getting much in the way of withdrawals?

This has genuinely put the fear of god in me

I think I'll be fine. Just can't drink for a long long time (I should quit entirely)

Crazy insomnia for up to a week, irritability, anxiety, rapid heartbeat, no full tremors but I get twitchy. I thank God that I have a prescription for Xanax. It helps take the edge off.

>Whats a cheap way to keep getting drunk?

cheap wine.

anyone else at the pub right now? currently sipping a pint of bitter and going on my phone to make it look like I'm waiting for people

I'm just drinking from a bottle of rail now. My life went so wrong I hate myself and want to die but I'm too afraid of death for anything but a slow suicide

>independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-holland-netherlands-dutch-euthanised-alcohol-addiction-alcoholic-netherlands-a7446256.html

>want to drink
>day 3 of sobriety
>want to stick it out
should i just go eat food?

Yeah m8
Keep up the sobriety

I'll try to greentext:
>be 17
>parents are out of town for the weekend
>walking on crutches because I played hoops drunk
>grandpa as always stays with me because he has nothing else to do
>all his past friends are probably alcoholics or dead
>before he comes I make a friend bring me half a litre of vodka
>sit in front of the computer and drink 1/3 of it
>with some juice for kids tastes not that bad
>go hide bottle in bathroom because he's about to come
>feel a little buzzy, no one notices me walking weird
>it's getting late 1,5 hour since I started drinking
>finish the bottle in 30 minutes and hide it
>go for a smoke, finish it quick
>suddenly everything becomes blurry and shaky
>don't wanna shit anymore so I sit on the cold floor
>wake up tomorrow morning in bed with hungover
>I think I remember picking up shit and putting it in the toilet
>my brain probably just wants it to be true

Second time I said I was going to the party because I didn't feel like interacting with anoyone (no idea how much I drunk but mixed vodka and beer). Remember nothing after returning home. Next day I found dried shit on my carpet and was too smashed to pick it up while going to toilet so I came back to bed and cleaned it having slept for another couple of hour. As I said, wish I was lying.

Just buy a case of handles at a place like costco or sams club, it looks like you're buying for a bar or party and you don't have to be seen buying liquor every day

Fuck man that's the closest ill get to living my dream of being a rat in an operant box lever pressing for heroin.

>16 ounces (~475mL) a night
of what? pure ether? hard liquor? cause otherwise that doesn't seem like all that much

Suggest stuff to watch on youtube while getting drunk.

Vodka. I've gone off on a few benders in the past where I polish off a 1.75L bottle in like a day and a half. I think me being a fat shit contributed too.

look up masoakis

Veeky Forums related

I've been tapering down over the past few weeks and am down to 2 beers a night. Just wanted to let you guys know that multivitamins are a fucking life saver. If anything, just remember to sort of eat and take your multivitamins and you'll be a lot better off.

this

Alright so idk if this is exactly a question, maybe I just want some input (this seems like the most appropriate place to ask).
I've never drank enough to feel anything, but up for about a year I did smoke weed semi-often. I have anxiety and eventually stopped smoking weed because on the come down and days after I would get horrible racing thoughts that would keep me up at night. What I really want is something that'll calm my thoughts, and just make me a bit more peaceful and happy. I'm correct in thinking I'd enjoy alcohol right? I don't like partying or anything. Just want something to mellow out with while a play games sometimes.

Bought a bottle of local pear and a bottle of apple cider. Which one do you personally prefer?

welcome home

is he the guy with the really dirty kitchen that tried to defrost a steak by lighting a paper towel over the steak while it was on the toilet.

been famous here for years

I'll be picking something up tomorrow then

>pear cider

Uh, you know it's called "perry," right? No you don't. So, you've never bought, tasted or seen a perry. Stop being a moron for a moment.

Guess what niggas!!!

My PI said he'd accept me as a Ph.D student! (used to be masters student)

This calls for a drinK!

youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Anybody got a whiskey rec for a guy who wants to be able to afford to stay drunk 24/7 but also enjoy the taste of the one thing left in his life to enjoy?

I still measure spirits because I like to get the proportions right for mixing

Wine I don't bother measuring, and beer is packaged as single serves so measures itself

>implying a bottle of wine isn't a single serving

I have never been able to open a bottle and leave some for later. Be it one, two,or three. I just throw the cork or lid straight in the bin now

Epictetus

What is the worst job to drink at, morally speaking? I'm a lifeguard and I've drank at work twice. Never got myself hammered, but just had to go into the bathroom and sneak a few drinks so I could sit on stand for half an hour without vomiting due to withdrawals.

Yeah, that's right. The bottle will be empty tomorrow morning come hell or high water.

Congrats famalam, what's your field?

>tfw PI spent $120 on scotch for me last time we went to a conference

Genetics

Ug I'm so hungover I had a 6-pack of 9% abv beers.