Butter or Mayo Master Race on Grilled cheese?

Butter.

I tried the mayo once after reading it was better from some American chef but it was fucking awful.

That looks like it's been fried not grilled?

>not using coconut oil and sriracha in 2016

I always use butter. My fiance always uses mayo and stuffs pickle slices in the cheese. I like mine and hers makes me want to throw up.

leftover bacon grease is top tier

Mayo is really good, gives it a little bit of sweetness, but the cooking time on it is very sensitive. I cook my grilled cheese on 6, and it seems there's about 10 seconds between not cooked and black burnt, so you need to keep an eye on it

That's not a question.

What's your point, user?

you should try turning the heat down when you flip it
the residual heat of the pan should give you a nice crust without burning it

Leftover oil from frying onions.

I hope you only use unrefined activated coconut oil from a sustainable plantation

You stupid fuck, a grilled cheese is fried

It doesn't contain cheese either.
Complete misnomer.

>That looks like it's been fried not grilled?

Yep. the term comes from diner slang. The flat-top in a diner or restaurant kitchen is also called a "plancha grill". The name comes from that, not what the average person thinks of when they hear the word grill.

>a grilled cheese is fried

So if you grill it, it's a fried cheese?

Do you eat many Steamed Hams?

mayo all the way baby

I tried tartar sauce a couple times, it wasn't bad either

mayo on the inside, butter on the outside

Every single thread.

what would happen if you use cream cheese? and put lox and capers and onions on the inside?

who the fuck uses mayo. butter mah fucka

did you just come from that other thread about the pretentious grilled cheese

Lox would probably be gross in a grilled cheese but cream cheese is good, capers probably wouldn't be bad.

This guy knows what's up

I was all about mayo for a long time, but I recently did it with garlic confit and I'll never do it any other way again. Just scoop out the garlic and spread it on the bread like you would mayo or butter.

Huh?

Hm?

I'm half tempted to drop one into our deep fryer when it's in need of a grease change just to see how it turns out

>Grilled cheese
I hope no one actually eats this

Every day.

I add ham and mustard.

You have to cut the ham up into small pieces though,
Nothing is worse than taking a bit and pulling out a big piece of super hot ham covered in molten cheese slapping your chin.

I dont really get the question, butter or mayo ? when do you add this and where.

I use neither fyi (not obese).

mayo on the outside and then grilling it sounds vile but so does putting it on the inside. wtf whose idea was this ?

They aren't grilled. They are toasted. Under a grill