Eating Disorders

So we see a good bit of alcoholism here on Veeky Forums... but does anyone else have an eating disorder?

I can't eat sugar; it causes me to binge.

alcoholism is so much sexier tho

Eatsonly once a day. Eating feels bad and makes me want to puke for some reasons, even if the food is well-made. Often i never eat at all. Just lie in bed and sleep instead. But these days I feel the back of my knees giving up now.

Alcoholic with an eating disorder here
Attempting to reign in bulimia and alcoholism at the same time is proving challenging. And I have been gaining weight recently due to the steady increase in alcohol consumption. Which has been making me rather pissed off

Why not buy some soylent? It's fairly benign-tasting, gives you just one thing to get used to, and gets the meals out of the way. You'd feel better :o

Because then he wouldn't be a special snowflake anymore

I am anorexic, BMI 14.9.
I don't really have a good reason for this. I am just disgusted at the idea of gaining weight. Fucking disgusted by it. I know I don't have much time left, I am weakening by the day and live alone on inheritance so nobody has even seen me for months outside of a large coat. I'm basically done. Fatness just disgusts me too much, I can't fucking bear it. I've been eating 400 calories per day recently and passed out last week.

Eh. I have a bucket list at least of 35 pre-death achievements I'd like to have, most of them are anorexia related. Will post soon

related

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I was once in a similar position. I rejected buying soylent because it was more convenient and more nutritious to buy protein shakes. I could even get them from the same gas station I was getting my gatorade (gotta stay hydrated) and mixers from, which happened to be right next to the liquor store.

Are you the guy that tossed the entire plate of bacon and eggs

I never feel full, ever.
I strictly plan and control my diet (still eat delicious food, just in controlled amounts), 1500cal a day, most of the time, because if I don't I just cannot stop eating. I basically took a cheat week visiting family for thanksgiving and I would basically just eat and eat until the pain of my distended stomach made me stop (but I still craved more). Ppl think it's funny, despite my being extremely thin, I will eat like an entire chocolate cake by myself.

Point is I wish I felt the natural limits most people seem to, but I just don't, and need to constantly be micromanaging instead, or I'll go totally overboard. Feels like it qualifies as an eating disorder idk.

[subscribe]

Relatable.

Orthorexia?

Pizza is my weakness, I eat well usually, but when we order a pizza I eat an ungodly amount

I was very fat at one point and started dieting.
I hit my goal weight 23 lbs ago. Not sure if I have an eating disorder or not but I feel like if I change anything in my diet I'll freak out and start binge eating. This diet has taken me over a years worth of effort and I'm very nervous about changing it.

Bulimianon here
I originally had anorexia, years ago
I wish I still had that. Seeing the goals reminded me of how things used to be. I'm probably looking back with some rose tinted specs on. But I wish i didn't feel compelled to to force my head into the toilet every time I eat :^(

I'm quite depressed at the moment.

I recently watched family movies over the holidays. Seeing myself at age 11, when I was skinny and perfectly normal and knowing that while these were being filmed, my mother was constantly telling me I was "obese" and subsequently put me on the SlimFast diet (2 meal replacement shakes a day, and I wasn't allowed to eat dinner with the family)

I used to hurry and binge before she would get home from work, and it led to a massive struggle with bulimia and binge eating that I still struggle with 13 years later.

It hurts to know that the happy kid in the videos was in the midst of abuse and developing not only eating, but mental disorders, that would effect them to this day.

Granted, I've lost about 30lbs from my highest (known) weight, and I'm buying shoes this weekend to start working out again next week.

The struggle with my binge eating is still hard to beat, but now that I'm living alone, it's easier to manage since I control what's brought into my house. I am probably going to go on a raw diet for a few weeks soon to get rid of my cravings for shitty foods. I did a vegan diet before, and lasted about two years or so, and lost 50lbs, but fell off the wagon and gained a bit back. Hopefully I can stay on track this time and not fuck up.

Coming from an alcoholic who has also struggle with bulimia and anorexia my whole life, it's really, really, REALLY not any better.

Yeah. Been there, done that, it's terrible.

I'd love to take my bulimia to anorexia. It's cheaper AND better for your teeth.
...heh.... :\

Yeah - why doesn't satiation sink in?!

Fatty McDaddyFuck lol

The thought of gaining weight terrifies me. Fat people disgust me. Your bucket list is interesting...
>Steal lard from store and hide under bridge
Care to elaborate?

Bulimic , used to just be a binge eater. I recently turned bulimic a few months ago and it's terrible. I eat until I'm writhing in pain and then throw up. Repeat x3. I don't usually plan my binges but once I start eating it's full force.

Yeah but if we were able to control our appetite we wouldn't have this problem.

Why does my head hurt after purging? What part of the brain is it?

>TFW had a binge eating disorder after rapidly losing 30kgs a few years ago
>Literally figurative hell
>Would eat on a diet for a week and then binge until literally throwing up and consuming more for three days straight
>Absolutely rekt my guts, in tremendous physical and psychological pain
>Too embarrassed to seek help
>Haven't binged since September 1st
>Going to all you can eat buffet tonight
Wish me luck, bros. I'm pretty sure I've got this!

Why are you going to an all you can eat buffet? Also as a fellow bulimic I'm jealous of you.

Why are you embarrassed to seek help? Eating disorders is not Schizophrenia and a shitload of people have it. If you do it again just go get it, ask for Vyanese instead of Anti-Depressents and you got superpowers.

Why do you think schizophrenia is supposed to be embarrassing?

I have a semi body image disorder. Ever since I lost all my fat, started lifting, and got a 6 pack, I've became disgusted with myself any time I feel remotely fat. If I can't feel my abs I usually feel disgusted with myself for a while. At the same time, food is one of the only things that makes me happy. I like to enjoy food, but if i go too far and gain weight, it fucks me over again. Not the worst issue in the world, but it's had a slight damage on my life.

The thing that makes you fat is sexier than the thing that (often) makes you thin? Nnnnno.

Because their genetics made them looney. Eating disorders are a result of wanting to fit into society and schizophrenia is something you can't control. One is fitting into the tribe the other is coming from shit genes.

>be embarrassed of something out of your control
Still not following

drunkorexia is where it's at desu.

drink heavily and manage to stay five pounds above an underweight bmi.

my body looks like shit tho.

post hands.

I feel as though people in this thread would know something that's been bothering me.

I had intermittent fasting as a result of pretty bad depression for a few years, and even now tend to eat one meal per day. I don't feel very good when I eat, and my friends keep telling me that I take a weirdly long time to use the bathroom. Have I ruined my guts? Or is it probably just something unrelated?

>Why are you going to an all you can eat buffet?
Because my friends are going and I'm recovering from a mental condition and I'm confident that said mental condition isn't going to ruin my life any more.

For the record it did not. I ate until I was full and no further. I'm not home and don't feel like eating any more. Bros, I think I'm cured.

>Eating disorders are a result of wanting to fit into society
Not always the case and certainly wasn't the case with me. It was more of an addiction to behaviours than a physical appearance based desire but ok user M.D.

>Bros, I think I'm cured.
You're gonna make it

Seconding this. Eating disorders are about control and obsession rather than psychial appearance.
There's a reason why anorexics will keep starving themselves even when they know they are hideous and their behavior is damaging their looks.

Been like this since 3-4 years old but so much food tastes horrible, even the smell of them lets me know how they taste and on many occasions even looking at some meals make me feel sick by being able to tell what kind of ingredients are likely in there and I'm right most of the time.

In terms of meat I only like a few types of Schnitzel, Hamburger meat, bolognese, thinner sausages, some types of ham and bacon but that's about it.
Pizza wise I only like Pizza with sauce or just those herb and garlic focaccias. Melted cheese gives me a headache as does too much of any other cheese, and even then I only like bocconcini, parmesan and two others.
I only like fried rice with parseli and bacon, nothing else in it. I hate the taste of strawberries but don't mind strawberry-flavored things. The only fruits I like are apples, pears and bananas. The only veggies I like are broccoli, carrots and potatos. And of course there's other stuff I like including white bread, milk/white chocolate, etc.

Put me in any third world country and I'd die of hunger if they don't offer these types of basics. I hate this but I can't help vomiting or getting nauseous even putting a smed of something on my tongue after a few seconds, food I've never tried before taste awful. Someone please let me know if there's a way to alter our taste buds, I know those miracle fruits change one of our senses for a while but I want to hear if there's anything else.

The trick is to drink so much that you throw it all up and don't process the calories kek

I can't get myself to eat in the morning. I just don't have any appatite.

Fairly skinny but slightly under the weight i'm supposed to be. I love to snack and cook.

Can some one please give me some advice on this?

Actually the trick is to fast all day, and only drink clean liqour like vodka or whiskey when you drink. You can get drunk on 150-300 cals and since the alcohol kills your appetite you can manage on that for the day.

drink your cals

My eating disorder is that I have no self control and a lack of empathy causing me to not restrain myself despite other people being disgusted by my fatness.

it hurts because its fucking awful on our bodies and fucks loads of shit up.
wow, well........good job, i couldnt have done that shit, even when i have months of doing well, the monster is always in the back of my mind just waiting to pounce on the opportunity to take over again, possibly because ive had these problems for a very very long time now? i dont feel like ill ever fully "recover" only manage. with inevitable periods of relapsing into heavy restriction, then a period of binging and purging, then a period of time making an attempt to get better etc etc
some people just dont like eating in the mornings, but what i could suggest is a ripe banana or two, or perhaps some other sweet fruit would be more appealing than a blander starch or something heavy like eggs or meat (for me anyway) just throwing out some ideas for you, fruit doesnt require any prep either. my best friend had this similar problem and he started to do this and it had helped him a bit.
you may just need time to get used to it
or you may just not ever like eating in the mornings, if so you can eat more later
of course my issues are completely different to yours but i hope this helped a little bit.

>I can't get myself to eat in the morning. I just don't have any appatite.
hey me too

I'm a bored eater. If I do not occupy my mind with something, I think about food and I get hungry. Doesn't help that I rarely ever feel full.

Last September I was 137 kg and am now down to 73 after realizing what I needed to do was simply occupy my mind. And it also helped that I occupied it with exercise.

But I still have days every now and then where I eat 2 pizzas within 30 minutes, but it usually causes me to go run for 21 km the day after.

I only eat in the morning. I eat one, one and a half meals at most.

I had the same issue, cut out sugar in all forms (starch, sugar, any carb that isn't fiber) and now I feel normal. I can eat until I'm full and then stop, whereas before I'd eat when I was bored, eat until I physically hurt, etc

Had tests done, and apparently I was prediabetic and insulin resistant, my body couldn't handle the sugar, and the spiking insulin was suppressing leptin (the feel full hormone) making me unaware I was full and thus binging.

I don't eat pasta, bread, potatoes, or fruit (except for berries) and once a month have a beer (way more sensitive to alcohol, so one is enough) and feel great, have lost 60 pounds, and don't really miss the stuff I had before.
I don't tell anyone though because I don't want them to think they've got to change their eating suggestions to be considerate, I can eat pretty much anywhere.

I don't think it's an eating disorder, OP, more of a metabolic disorder thanks to shitty genetics.

favorite low cal drinks?

water

>tfw impulsively ate a whole pizza
>tfw still hungry afterwards

I used to be thin. I hate myself

Went from puking after heavy meals on hs to anorexia, lost 30kg in 3 or 4 months, then I discovered weed and have been stable ever since.
>foodwishes
That doesn't make you hungry ?

Binge eating.
I don't have any way to properly deal with my feelings so when I get sad, depressed, or upset, I go and eat a bunch of shitty food to feel some sort of satisfaction or happiness. But this is followed by a wave of deep regret and disgust because I just look at my fat self in the mirror and realize how pathetic I am. So, I grab a joint or some shitty vodka and drink + binge eat once again. This whole situation will probably never change u til I alter my environment. But that costs money, and I need to get a new job.

Martinis. Boodles Gin. Dry. Shaken. One olive floating around in the bottom.

What type of pizza tho.

Tombstone =/= Digiornos

You were probably eating some fagget thin crust shit.

fat people shouldn't be able to claim eating disorder.

if you have 70lbs to lose...you don't have an eating disorder

you're just being normal.

normal people don't eat to excess.

I don't know if it's an eating disorder or attached to another condition.

But my stomach can sometimes just get randomly weak as shit when eating. To the point of gagging. Like its worse if I'm eating say, a steak or something and end up with a really gristly piece. If I can't chew it fast enough and swallow it, then I'll start to gag and I'll just need to spit it out. After that pretty much the whole meal is inedible because I'll have a problem with chewing and swallowing, it will just keep making me gag. Things like cheese sauces can be bad for it too once they start to get colder.

It makes me nervous now the idea of having a nice meal with people because then I get worried about ruining the meal by gagging if this happens.

here are my strange eating disorder quirks

>binge eat a lot of spicy food
>stomach no feel too well
>eat milk to settle the heat in belly, create spicy mush
>throw it up

don't consider myself bulimic because I don't do it often

>binge eat ice cream
>feel sick
>throw it up

it actually tastes pretty good coming back up, I don't see how people hate purging

basically I binge eat a lot. mostly when I feel bored or excited. It's a problem. Spent about 200 dollars on food this month, nothing sustainable, just shit that can't be used a lot.

I used to be anorexic as a teen but that was really more of a side effect of depression.
Ended up in a clinic where they force fed some of the other girls, terrible times.

Pizzas are actually expensive if you breakdown the cost to make them. Spend that money elsewhere.

How did they force feed them? I can imagine a teen girl with a plate in front of her, and carers around them. If I were in that fucked up situation, I can imagine just sitting there til I fell asleep.

through a tube

I'm a depressed, anxiety ridden fat fuck with legit thyroid issues who binges to feel something positive in their life.
I'm also a trans dude on testosterone and that increases weight gain and appetite. This is hell.

will teach you what to do

You can only refuse food for so long before they tube you.

tube through the nose

i'll occasionally chew something tasty and spit it out. I don't know if it's a disorder because I don't do it all that much. and I make sure to eat something real after so I don't get a stomachache.

I have MS and I binge eat when I get really down. Usually sweet things since they don't require much cooking, if at all. To make matters worse, I applied for disability two years ago and my final hearing is next Tuesday. Nerves are shot and I keep shoveling food in, even with medicine to help.

Bulimic for 7 years. Makes me feel like I'm always "starting over" every day. Feels miserable. I always slip up and eat. Sometimes don't purge because I'm in good company and don't want to disturb them / "waste" our money and throw it down the toilet.

Used to be more in control (kind of) - did a lot of exercising and restricting between binges... now I just take stimulants sometimes. Feels weird.

i just finished with an outpatient program. i had to put on 50 pounds.

YOU LOOK GOOD THOUGH RIGHT?
AS LONG AS YOU LOOK SEXY YOU CAN ENDURE THE PAIN.

what do you weigh now? are you back to being a skelly?

>jump down stairs and break 4 ribs

b-but why? why 4?

You're not alone buddy. I'm pretty good with eating normal amounts.
But when a pizza is around, I just can't help myself, the beast takes over

tfw not anorexic and bmi is less than two points above that

why is it so hard to gain weight Veeky Forums

This is extremely disturbing

because you've never had to deal with schizophrenia. it's really fucking embarrassing when I have an episode, even when I'm alone.

Most normies on here have no comprehension of what serious mental illness looks like.

Being overweight does not prevent you from getting a eating disorder. Granted if they develop anorexia or some shit and stick with it they won't be overweight for very long, but you can for a short time be anorexic and overweight. Also the first line of your post and last line directly contradict each other

>fat people shouldn't be able to claim eating disorder.

>normal people don't eat to excess.

Which is it? Is obesity caused by an eating disorder, or is overeating normal?

most people in general don't have any idea what serious mental illness looks like, I wasn't diagnosed until I was found with self inflicted cuts all over my torso, I can't blame people for not getting it but its really annoying sometimes.

Who hurt you?

This guy again. Doing all you can sushi this saturday.
I'm so fucking confident. Three months strong. If this thread is still here I'll report back.

I might even... limit myself to a certain amount of servings and then stick to that limit!

see

On and off anorexic but I've been pretty good for the past year or two.
It's going to shit again though but I don't blame it on a eating disorder. I can't eat within the first few hours of being awake or I feel so nauseous sometimes I do throw up. I still try to force some shit down before I go to work. And with my full time job now has me lifting and moving constantly from 4pm-4am that even stuffing my face with pizza and Ensure I still keep losing weight. I was 125lbs two weeks ago but now I'm 117lbs. Haven't lost or gained anything this week yet though.

Do it for me man, do it for me.

what binge eating disorders dont count?

>tfw been a stress eater for over a year
>would exercise regularly so my weight stayed manageable
>get into really bad depression over the summer
>start binging on junk food and fast food
>quit my exercise routine so start gaining weight back in a hurry

Over the course of this year, I've been both the skinniest and the heaviest I've been in a long time. I've started going back to a regular diet, plus I joined a new gym, but I still slip up sometimes.

Went from 300 pounds to 130 at 5'11 in the course of a year and developed an eating disorder.

I can't eat around other people, can't watch them eat too. I eat once every 36 hours and when I eat I binge, I swear I won't do it again,but I always do. I do purge, but only if I ate too much shit, or drank too much water, which leaves me nauseous.

That's not that bad. As long as you're above 15 you're fine.

I don't feel hunger and I don't feel satiated. I might go the entire day if I am busy with no desire to eat anything. Other days, especially when I'm feeling happier, I can't fucking stop eating. I fluctuate weight a lot, losing it in the winter months and gaining in summer months.

I can fit my hand around my shin, but my pinky only goes halfway around my wrist.

Is this normal?

>why is it so hard to gain weight Veeky Forums
Because peanut butter is at the top of your food pyramid instead of the bottom.

Binge ate myself to 400 pounds when my mum killed herself since she raised me with the belief of "when you feel bad, eat good food, because good food makes you feel good, you won't feel bad anymore". It stopped working since she left me. Suffered a heart attack at 25, so I purge almost everything I eat now, which is close to 2500 calories a meal.
I weigh 270 now and I wish I could talk to someone about this, but I wish I would never wake up again. Maybe I just want to be better and know it's impossible.
The "wow, you look like you've lost weight" comments are bittersweet. Sorry for the blogposting.

>get into really bad depression over the summer
What happened? And what sort of stuff did you binge on?

im at 142 as of this morning.

I eat too much of your mom's pussy lamo

God damn

>300 pounds to 130
>the course of a year

Can you take your excess skin and stretch it the length of a city block?

Nope. No excess skin, no deflated tits, Other then a few stretch marks that I had when I was 13 and beginning my expansion, I have no loose skin and the scars are all healing fairly nicely.

If I CTB by obesity/hyperhydration, it's faster and the mortician might be annoyed that I'm overweight. If I CTB by starvation/underhydration, it's slower and the mortician will be glad I'm underweight.