Mole general

does anyone here love mole ? Taste better than most indian curry IMO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=igs6Dz6VFIc
lamag.com/digestblog/l-a-s-ultimate-guide-to-mole/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never had mole. I have had mole themed salami from Salumi in Seattle, and it's fucking amazing.

You have to go back.

My mom used to make shredded chicken and mole burritos all the time but since she died I've never been able to get it the right consistency. Easily my favorite food.

I really want to love mole, but I hate sugar and sweets, and this shit is just generally too chocolatey and sweet, every time I've tried it.

I feel like a bad person for it.

Agreed. It's a great comfort food. My mom would make chicken soup with rice and mole. We would either mix some in with the soup (which doesn't make it look pretty but it tastes great) or put it on top of the chicken, rice and veggies as a plate.

It's not everyone's cup of tea. At least you gave it a couple of tries. That's more of an effort than most people put in.

Make a bitter version. The base is cacao, fats and chili. How sweet you make it is up to you.

I love it, i never know what to do with the nose though. sometimes i just grab them right out of the ground and eat them

This. there are many variations of mole. Some are sweet, some are not. Some have chocolate, some don't.

what the ever loving fuck is mole?

It's a broad category of sauces form Mexican cuisine. Many of them are (in)famous for the very long list of ingredients.

I braised a turkey in apple cider, cognac, apples and celery and served it in tortilla shells with mole sauce. Not authentic by any means, but it was pretty great.

It was my first time making mole and it was pretty good

Mexican curry duh flyover noob

Can't imagine there's much meat on them and aren't they a bugger to catch?

d..d....dyou have a recipe user?

No, I don't bother to make it personally since I live very close to a fantastic Mexican market where I can get it. They make it fresh.

but there's a zillion recipes on google

Try it at a restaurant first so you know what it's basically supposed to taste like, or even order a jar online. If you make it from scratch with no idea what it's supposed to end up like, you have little chance of nailing it.

I haven't made it yet, but the red mole by Rick Bayless seems authentic and looks really good without too much work, although it's still quite a bit of effort. I'll probably try to make it this winter when I have nothing else to do on a cold nasty day.

His black oaxacan mole is supposed to be incredible but I can't see expending that much effort. Although if I really like the red, I might attempt the black.

it's super rich, so you'll probably want to avoid eating too much beforehand

youtube.com/watch?v=igs6Dz6VFIc

Mole coloradito is one of the favorites because it isnt as labor extensive or hard to make like negro and chichilo

user mentioned Rick Bayless and I remembered I have his cookbook

could post his mole if you want.

Oh... halfway through the thread I thought you people we talking about the animal.
Now I wonder how they would taste... or how to even get ahold of them. I don't think they'd taste too lovely.

Why not? Slow cooked with mirepoix and red wine I'm sure mole would be delicious.

I saw his red and oaxacan black on the internet. I was going to use those. Have you made his from the cookbook? Are they the same?

The best on enchiladas.
>wants enchiladas now

enchiladas are boring, chilaquiles are where its at

Black has different ingredients that are hard to find in the US. I'd start with the easier moles

I like mole tamales, never had it in anything else

Theres a couple things Mexicans know how to do and thats mole, tacos, streetfood and seafood.

I want Mole negro so bad ;_: all we have is poblano here

there are many types, some are kind of sweet, others not very much so

Sorry for your loss. Very few people can make good mole.

lamag.com/digestblog/l-a-s-ultimate-guide-to-mole/

The first thing I'm going to do if I ever go to la is try the mole

Why not both?

I thought this thread was about the animal Mole up until this post.

Just had some of the best food in a Mexican restaurant in Chicago. mole is heavenly

Im ready to try this stuff since im tired of tjat sweet stuff thats easy to find ... Of course i dont expect much especially since having my aunt making homemade stuff is what would compare it to =/

>mole hot
>costena
m8..

mole is pretty meh to be honest
shitty gummy mexican rice

Fuck me mexican food is shit.

Green mole is not sweet at all.

its the best

Neither is Yellow , huaxmole, chichilo, and estofado de mole.

Indians and their stinky curries are eternally BTFO by mole ranchero

>jotolisco in charge of food

Had to wait for west coast time zone to get a reaction from dirty wetback faggots.

Lrn 2 tell time

Holy fuck how do you guys clean pots after simmering the fucking mole?, it sticks like a motherfucker to my pans, or do you prefer it all runny and shit?

>runny and shit?

ew

same as I clean any other pot. Perhaps your pot is very thin or otherwise shitty?

Let it soak in hot soapy water for a little bit then go hard on it with a sponge. Remind the pot that you're the one in charge

I love that shit. that's the only dish my grandma makes decently.