How does Veeky Forums like their nachos?

How does Veeky Forums like their nachos?

Gas station-tier nachos are a guilty pleasure of mine. I'll buy em whenever I go to a sports event

eat my suck fucking traggot

PRAY FOR CUM

I like gas station hotdogs too.
There's something about the rollers.

I love nachos, I made some a week or two ago and made a thread about it.

mixed seasoned ground beef with refried beans, and made my own nacho cheese sauce.

in big plate / platter, lay down one layer of chips,

drizzle a lot of cheese over them, and sprinkle meat mixture on it, and sprinkle with diced tomatoes and jalapenos, then another layer of chips, more cheese, meat, tomatoes and jalapenos, light sprinkle of olives, lots of dollops of sour cream and guac.

Best god damn nachos I've ever had.

I like just chips and cheese like in your pic, not sure if that's what you mean by gas station.

gas station nachos are top tier, op. i usually get two of those little cups of jalepeno with them and a fountain drink. great snack

I used to make mine like that but have since changed to tostadas which are really like 1 big nacho. You get much more even coverage too.

I like mine like pic related

how can fucking anyone eat anything spicy along with soda?

i can't even eat pepperoni pizza with soda, because the spice and the carbonation just agitate each other and it becomes very uncomfortable.

I love baked (or broiled) real cheese nachos, but I will certainly eat shitty cheese syrup nachos. The way I make them at home, is layers of chips and Tillamook cheddar (and sometimes some other cheeses I might have on hand), and some hot sauce (usually tapatio or valitinas or whatever it's called). I don't usually dress it up with anything like meat or veg. A local bar makes a pretty solid baked nachos with olives, chicken and jalapenos, and some other shit. I get that every once in a while.

I guess I'd say I like them simple, but not gas station tier. Though I'll still stoop to gas station tier.

Huh?

i'm not too sure. as long as the soda is cold, and the food isn't too spicy, the tastes don't seem to clash that bad or effect one or the other in a negative way. i know what you are talking about though. but i just don't think those pickled jalepenos are hot. just vinegary, and a bit spicy

>no meat
>no beans
>no refried beans
>no hot sauce
>no shallots
>unflavoured cornchips
wtf

>mouth waters from sodium

99% of the jalapenos people eat have been pickled to some degree and arent even remotely spicy, often more sweet than anything.

Hm?

Yellow corn chips spread out on a cookie pan.
Ideally cheese and salsa done individually on each chip or just cheese spread out with salsa dribbled on top if I'm lazy.
Finish off with Lean Ground beef, bison, elk, etc. and a bit of taco spice.

The mound of chips and shit in the microwave method is shit.

I usually make nachos whenever I make a crock pot full of carnitas. I also make homemade refried beans to go with it.

Extra hot salsa
Queso
Lettuce
Peppers
Onions
Ground beef

wa la

No cheese barely, looks like shit

>Single layer of chips
>add shredded pork
>Shred over some monterrey jack cheese
>Broil until melted and ever so lightly browned
>Top with crema and pic related

The best.

well it wasn't

How do you "refry" beans?

Melt some of these in a bowl with some hot sauce/salsa of choice and dip my chips

weird, i've only ever got velveeta in stainless steel barrels. Didnt even know it was street legal

>make nacho cheese sauce from scratch
>heat up chips a little
>make ground beef and season it
>dump ground beef on chips
>dump sauce on chips
>dump pico de gallo on chips
>add in spoonful of guacamole and sour cream
>drown it in hot sauce

round tortilla chips" tostitos" preferred
nacho cheese from a can or made with cheese and milk
tons of pickled jalapeños, sliced.

this is it.

this is all.

these are best.

Refritos are only fried once, it's a misnomer

400 gram bag of cheese favoured nacho chips

half a pound of beef seasoned in something spicy

quater pound of chicken seasoned

Whatever spare meats are around (pork, bacon, ham etc)

400 grams of cheese

Set down one layer of chips, then sprinkle cheese and meat. Repeat until you have none left. Into the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes

Haven't done this in years since I started taking care of myself.

Lettuce on Nachos?

You're a mad man.

Add refried beans to your meat after you season it.

I don't like pico de gallo, so instead I use diced tomatoes,

other than that, you make it just like I do,

but I add small cut pickled jalapenos

I once tried american liquid cheese substitute nachos. Actually really really gross. I assumed it would taste great because.. well it just looks so indulgent ajd trashy it couldn't pissibly be all that bad.
But nah, it is actually legit uneatable. Must be an acquired taste

CARNE ASADA NACHOS IS THE THE ONLY CORRECT WAY TO EAT NACHOS.

It's not that weird, people put lettuce on tacos and shit

>That insanely yellow cheese with weird texture
I don't know how you guys do it over in the Land Of Freedom™ but here in Londonistan I would not eat Nachos with that fake cheese sauce shit on it.

You can put whatever the fuck you like on nachos - Jalapenos, pickles, salsa, Chilli, Guac, Hot Sauce, onions, lettuce, shit you go ahead and put bacon and ice cream on there if you want to - but for me it always has to be proper cheese. A bit of grated mature cheddar mixed with grated mozzarella does the job just fine, much better than cheese sauce anyway. Everything else is a bonus, if the cheese is bad then it ruins the whole thing.

Wat

When I was in high school, they'd always serves nachos nearly every Tuesday for lunch. The best shit, topped with sour cream, corn, salsa, and jalepenos.

Once in a while I'll usually go to Moe's to order a plate of Billy Barou nachos and go apeshit with toppings. That shit gives me a literal fucking mouthgasm. Must be the queso they drizzle on it.

heat up a cup of milk in sauce pan, 1 table spoon butter, 1 table spoon flour, then stir in your cheddar and mozzarella until it gets a little thick-ish, taste it see if it's nice and cheesy, as it cools it'll thicken up.

that is how you make cheese sauce, and cheese sauce is 100x better for nachos than regular melted cheese.

Can make it with any kind of cheese you want. To get the kind of cheese in the OP, the "insanely yellow cheese with weird texture" use 7 or 8 slices of american cheese.

It's pretty amazing.

or you can go the easy way out and use velveeta cheese, with a little bit of milk microwaved.

Now I'm craving nachos, but I don't have any chips or anything so I'm just gonna go to the gas station,

I haven't had gas station nachos in years.