Sup lads. I dun goofed and have way too many uncooked portobello mushrooms from thanksgiving that about to go bad...

Sup lads. I dun goofed and have way too many uncooked portobello mushrooms from thanksgiving that about to go bad. Anyone have any recipe suggestions that'll utilize like a pound of mushrooms? Money is kind of tight due to holidays and I can't really afford to let anything go to waste.

Thanks in advance cu/ck/s.

Nothing filling, you're fucked.
You could turn it all into a gravy or sauce though.

Yeah I figured that. I was thinking maybe slow cook a big ass stew but I already have way too much chili left over from a tailgate.

Anyways, bump for other random suggestions.

pickle them

Huh?

do i stutter, bitch?

It's time to make a mushroom soup with butter, flour, milk, onion, garlic, and herbs. Get after it, OP.

Freeze what you can't eat.

Broth (mix in with sofrito of typical veggie broth)
Burger (dice and mix with beef or sautee and put on top of burger or marinate and grill like a burger)
Powder (dehydrate and grind, use as a seasoning)

My favourite use for old mushrooms is drying and making powder. I'm borderline autistic about drying random shit to make powders, though.

make duxelles and freeze it.

Bury them in your yard and enjoy new mushrooms next year.

remove the gills, fry it in butter and then turn it into a sandwich. make some fucking pesto and maybe some tampenade n shit

Lotta good suggestions here. Thanks bros. I wish all of Veeky Forums was this helpful.

This. Duxelles is great

How do you dehydrate them?

That, use it as filling for some dumplings or something and you're gold

With a dehydrator

Mushroom risotto. I love that stuff. Make sure you use good quality preferably homemade stock.

>slice thin
>put in pan with butter
>garlic optional
>fry
>consume

just have them as a side to whatever you are eating for dinner

Toss into oven at around 125F for several hours

I don't know how to make it, what ingredients it has (other than mushrooms I think), or how it usually tastes, but give mushroom tart a try.

The one that I tried was fantastic, and I don't even like mushrooms at all.

I might have meant to say mushroom pie instead. I'm not sure. Good luck.

Mushrooms go with literally anything.

Mushroom soup, chuck them in omelettes, or make garlic mushrooms with them.

Can chuck them in a bastardised pot of chilli or bolognese too.

Thirded. You can use this in or on just about anything.

I'm surprised nobody suggested a mushroom stroganoff. Oh well, what can you expect from a cooking board, eh?
Admittedly, Portobello mushrooms would be a bit bland, but there's nothing that fresh parsley, stock, mustard and cream can't fix.

Make a blended mushroom soup. Pretty much just mushrooms butter some water salt and pepper. Top with cream or olive oil. It's one of the tastiest things. You could ate potato too I guess.

>some water

Stock, bro. Stock. Who the fuck wants to make a soup with water?

>Stock, bro. Stock.
Unless you only have a store bought stock, then you're better off using water.

Make a goulash with beef or pork and a ton of shrooms

OR saute them and put them on a steak

That's a nice spoon