Oatmeal made me stupid

Anyone with food allergy or other related experience know what might cause this? I'm foggy, slow, my speech is strange. It's happened a few times but I've realized this is not normal. I've been trying low carb/gluten free a bit and have felt great, but after trying this a few times I'm wondering if I should see a doctor. Only a packet of oatmeal and I'm feeling right and stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oat_sensitivity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you got the gluten thing man

If it's only oatmeal, just don't eat it.

Google says gluten sensitivity can cause sluggishness/tiredness after gluten consumption but who fuckin' knows

Yeah but when I scanned around wiki it said stuff about brain lesions and huntingtons and parkisonian. Should I go to a doctor?

It's not just the oatmeal. Its happened with bread. I haven't been paying full attention or talked to anyone about it.

Yeah, so I guess I did the "elimination diet" and reintroduction without really knowing it. Should I be doing this with a doctor's guidance?

...... Oatmeal contains no gluten. Do you KNOW what gluten is?

I guess not. This oat sensitivity page leads back to gluten.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oat_sensitivity

Like I said it's happened with bread. Then what's the deal?

Again, I came asking for advice not looking for a gluten related thing.

Okay so I checked my box. It DOES NOT say gluten free on it anywhere. Pretty much everything does these days. I'm not having any skin irritation or stomach related issues. Just foggy and weird.

Listen I can deal with gluten sensitivity or whatever. I just want to know if this sounds like huntingtons or a brain tumor. Should I go to a doctor?

the fact that you're asking for medical advice on Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums in general probably means you need a doctor. don't let Veeky Forums kill another man for the holidays

>Have obvious medical ailment
>asks mongolian tree painting website whether he should go to the doctor
Yes go to the doctor, you fucking mong, no one here actually knows what they are talking about

>don't let Veeky Forums kill another man for the holidays

This could probably apply to a number of boards lmao.

Thank you for telling what I should already know. Also for the laugh. I love this mongolian tree painting website.

So maybe they process it near something that contains gluten. Or maybe they just expect you to not be a fucking idiot and know that gluten isn't a combination of storage proteins from oats, but rather from wheat.

quit scanning the internet for medical advice and GO TO A DOCTOR.

Go to your doctor you probably just have gluten sensitivity. Iirc it's a reaction to the massive insulin response.

>Anyone with food allergy or other related experience know what might cause this?
Allergic reactions are fucking simple: your body develops a red itchy rash wherever the allergen touched your skin. Imagine poison ivy. That's an allergic reaction. If you were allergic to something in the oatmeal then your lips, tongue, mouth, and throat would be itchy and inflamed.

I dunno what this is, but it's certainly no allergy.

You've had a small stroke. No big deal. Take a couple aspirins and take it easy for a few days. You'll be fine.

Sounds like a spiritual awakening,try a vegan diet.avoid carbs.

>ISCHEMIC STROKE IS DEFINED BY LACK OF BLOOD FLOW TO BRAIN TISSUE LIKELY DUE TO ARTERIAL BLOCKAGE WHICH WOULD CONSEQUENTLY DESTROY BRAIN MATTER. ASPIRIN WOULD BE INEFFECTIVE.
>HEMORRHAGIC STROKE IS DEFINED BY ACTIVE BLEEDING IN THE BRAIN WHICH EFFECTIVELY "SUFFOCATES" THE BRAIN AND RESULTS IN TISSUE DAMAGE. ASPIRIN IS AN ANTI-COAGULANT AND WOULD THEREBY INCREASE BLOOD FLOW AND CAUSE RATE OF TISSUE DAMAGE TO RISE.

IN BOTH CASES ASPIRIN WOULD BE INEFFECTIVE OR AT WORST DIRECTLY HARMFUL.

I SUGGEST YOU LEAVE MEDICAL ADVICE TO THE PROFESSIONALS MY MAIN MAN.