Worms armageddon

>dat feel when you buy an expensive monkfish and its full of worms

would you guys remove them and eat the fish anyways or toss it?

Worms are food too, eat it.

are you fucking serious?
You would have to grill it to charcoal just to make sure and where is the point in eating that?. Even if one of the eggs survies. have fun getting your asshole tickled from then on to an occassional "hi there how you doin?"

how "full of worms" are we talking? if there are just a few and you can remove them before cooking, you're good. assuming you cook the fish properly, you should be fine. if there are more than a few, i'd probably take the fish back to the store.

worms add texture man, eat it as is

ive pulled 3 out after removing the skin, but therell be more on the inside.
I wouldnt even consider eating it desu, but as ive found out monkfish, same as cod and a couple of other fishs, are almost always infested with worms, which get pulled out by the fishmonger before selling to the best of their abilities.

Remove worms, cook fish to 145F, enjoy. Parasites are not really uncommon in fish. A good fish monger will remove them when filleting the fish. Also, a lot of fish sold has been frozen for 12+ hours, which will generally kill the worms.

Oh my fuckin god in what disgusting shithole of country are you living in? This is a desaster and a serious health risk! Burn it and dedicate the rest of your life to take the shop to court!

i tossed it immediately, but i feel like a pussy for tossing it, now that i looked it up and know that its something common that youre just not confronted with, since the fishmonger does it for you.
Was just wondering how other people would react and trying to figure out how id handle it the next time i encounter it

you know that in most Restaurants they just take out the worms and serve the fish?

I'd've tossed too dude. Sure it's irrational, unnecessary, pussyish, whatever. It just gives me the heebie jeebies and would already make the meal unappetizing.

Don't feel bad for tossing it. And do NOT believe the tards here telling you worms in fish are normal. If it actually is normal in your country though, I recommend to never eat fish you did not catch yourself.

Fresh edible fish may not have worms. It's a serious condition and is a sign for even deeper reaching problems in food hygene and cold chains.

I get all my fish from family in Alaska, even if I found a worm id eat it cause it's been frozen for over a month, and I cook that shit. Ice + fire = parasite free.

Retard. You probably have more parasites in your overblown gut than in a single fish, self caught or otherwise.

Was this a farmed fish or wild caught? Just curious.

i dont know sorry

that would also be my first reaction, but i suggest you check it out yourself, there are many articles about worms in monkfish and even youtube tutorials on how to remove them

Don't eat that shit without picking it apart to confirm no worms.

Most wild fish have worms in them, it isnt something that develops after they are caught. Farmed fish is less likely to have parasites because they are medicated.

GROSS

>people still eating ocean caught fish while i enjoy a high quality farm fish at my local mcdonalds

I still prefer a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese, some Hot Fresh Fries, and an Ice Cold CocaCola.

But farmed fish is better because lol no worms.

>b-but ocean caught is fresher and tastier!

Stay pleb and full of worms, you 3rd world weebs.