Tea thread

What is your best-loved sort of tea, user? How do you steep it? Let's share our experiences!

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX
teaguardian.com/
amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_11?fst=as:off&rh=n:16310101,k:akbar&keywords=akbar&ie=UTF8&qid=1480685484&rnid=2941120011
etsy.com/listing/465493220/dickoya-bop-black-tea-from-sri-lanka
etsy.com/listing/465493220/dickoya-bop-black-tea-from-sri-lanka?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_de_de_de_e-home_and_living-food_and_drink-herbs_and_spices_and_seasonings&utm_custom1=cf114e5c-cd56-4ce3-a08f-e7b072500d1b&gclid=CjwKEAiA1ITCBRDO-oLA-q_n8xYSJADjBQfGqQf1GicNeMPogF6f_jTg86EmrA6LaQo0mg_t-AT0ahoCxTvw_wcB
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_strainer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stick it in a mug with milk and two sugars.

A spoon of sugar and a splash of milk is nothing compared to other elements of one's diet.

I stick with a sweetener tablet myself. They're good at balancing the flavour without actually adding that indicative sugar taste. Also, I deserve cancer.

chai is pretty good desu

Actually if you try to put a spoonful or two of honey in your cuppa it does taste a lot better than just sugar or some sweetener.

But honey is a lot higher in calories...

>But honey is a lot higher in calories...
oh no, 10-15 more calories in your coffee...

>What is your best-loved sort of tea, user?
Cool, sweet and black, like your wife's boyfriend.

>How do you steep it?
Coffee pot. Fight me.

>Cool, sweet and black, like your wife's boyfriend.
>tfw no waifu

Last thread was made the 17th, was thinking of making it a weekly, or in case of last time where it lasted 2 weeks without 404ing every two weeks on thursdays.
Here's the pastebin btw pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX
there are some things to be changed(some user posted some sites), ill post the latest version tomorrow or something

weekly sounds good desu yo.

waiting on my white2tea samples. Need to buy a cheap gaiwan first though since i only have a kyusu. Might order a cheap amazon one for quick shipping

Does anyone smoke weed and do Gongfu?

ALL things considered, honey is a much smarter option.

the turkish tea is my favourite tea

Did it a few times, pretty chill, dont really feel like it adds anything though, the weed high kinda ofuscates the tea high. Dont really smoke anymore, I get super hazy the days after

>Wife and family all love tea
>Constantly getting new types to try, new ways to brew etc.
>I've got the most sure hands and am heat resistant so I end up making at least half of the tea for them.
>I'm also allergic to Tannin so 90% of tea makes me ill with just the scent, and drinking any is as good as taking ipecac.
I wish there was something I could do to join in on the enjoyment.

if you don't like tannin, try some rightly steeped (around 20-50 sec) green tea

>What is your best-loved sort of tea, user?
Dong Ding Oolong

>How do you steep it?
Infuser Basket

How long do you steep it for? Anything more than 3 minutes is usually too much.

Even for black tea?

Well it depends on how you steep.

If you're going gongfu style then 30 seconds is usually good enough. But if you want a dank cuppa tea then 3 minutes is usually perfect. 4 minutes it begins to have that tannin taste, and at 5 the bitterness really shows.

6 minutes is literally fucked.

Just found an awesome website.

teaguardian.com/

Been there a couple of times but forgot about it. Gonna read that Dianhong article later tonight. Thanks.

Got the Dinosaur Gushu set from Chinalife today. The Pip Killer is amazing. Anyone else tried any of them?

Darjeeling First Flush, 2 mins, longer than 2:30 and it's ruined

pretty much any tea in 70C water.

Is it a meme to boil the water at 100C for black?

Yes it is.
It's definitely an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means

I had a feeling, because I can quite literally hear the tea becoming singed which makes me wonder if it's being damaged.

Black tea should be brewed at 90-95 depending on the size of the leaves. 90 for buds and small leaves.

Lets not be dogmatic here, experiment with different temperatures before finding your go to way, in my experience teas at lower temps are more sweet and floral but lose some of the texture and earthier darker notes which are pleasant too

Well it's not written in stone, just guidelines. It's hard to be scientific about it anyway if you're not having one of those temp fixed kettles.

how the fuck do you deal with loose leaf tea?

Easy as fuck.

Sencha. A few steeps in a kyusu usually no more than a minute each.

You insert a sound into your urethra? How does that help at all?!

For a single cup a paper coffee filter works in a pinch.

i like the guy from youtube but i would not trust their puers since they always claim ridiculous age like 1000-1600 year old trees
their other stuff is fine generally

you deal with loose tea leaves by getting fucked up on meth?

>Mate straws

nigga you're doing it wrong.

lemon tea, best tea.
boil water, pour in a mug, add lemon tea (or tea + lemon), add a teaspoon of honey,let it stay for 5-10minutes. done.

They have taster packs you can taste ot for yourself no need to trust

Drinking this with milk and honey right now. Fucking recommend that you buy it and give it a try.

The only tea I can say I loved without adding anything to it was three years ago when I visited Sri Lanka. Their tea is next-level and is worth every rupee I spent on it

Yeah, you just drank good quality tea which you can find easily online. No need to stop drinking just because you went home m8.

Are you not supposed to steep green tea more than twice?
Somehow the third steep always tastes kinda bad

Agreed, I only do two steepings when I brew greens western style (which is almost always). But that's kind of nice as well, I feel bad when I don't want to drink more than two steepings of other teas because you don't really want to waste and throw it away

Poppy Tea

Depends on the tea and how you're steeping it. If you brew it hotter or longer you'll start to get more bitterness.

Can a cup of black Ceylon tea have higher caffeine content than a cup of coffee, I wonder?

my nigga

i have been enjoying lapsang souchong lately, smoked black tea, crazy strong taste but rather pleasant if you're into islay whisky and such

Where do you buy good quality?

what country are you from?

Just got into tea. Made some masala chai, tasted exactly like how I remember back on the trains in India.

Anyone experiment with the ratios of spices? I'm doing 500ml water/.5inch cinnamon/3 cardamom/2 clove/1inch ginger, wondering how I should try mixing it up next. Also, has anyone tried adding fennel, mint, or nutmeg?

I'm thinking I want to do a hyperparameter search over a few years. Maybe I can assume a convex surface and run gradient descent?

United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands.

On a related note I was really horny the other day and was fucking around with sounding and I also had a cup of lukewarm tea so I figured why not funnel some of this into my dick through a pen case?

Of course there was no pressure so it didn't even go into my dick but I was far too horny at the time to think of that.

Cold steeped osmanthus tea for summer.

Get a French press, I make tea in mine, but on the odd chance I'm wanting some coffee it works for that too. Works so much better than any tea infuser and pot I've ever used.

If you lived in Europe it'd be a lot easier to get ceylon tea for you because everyone drinks it over here

Looks like you can't buy tea from AliExpress anymore starting next year. I'm thinking of getting either that 30 Puerh sample or the communist cake from Oleg now.

Black tea being higher caffeine than other teas is a myth.

The things that mostly determine how much caffeine a tea has are the age of the tree and the location.

man why do teafags always take gay ass pics like this

tea fucking sucks

I really doubt it. Probably about half the amount or so.

Check
pastebin.com/SWNA0rLX

Why?

I haven't bought tea from ali. Is it any good? Seems like you can get scammed easily. Is that Oleg guy selling good tea?

could you recommend a ceylon tea source?

more precisely i am searching for ceylon tea from the dickoya region. cant seem to find anything in the pastebin

Why do you have to have specifically ceylon? Try some Chinese or Taiwanese black teas

WRONG

stick a bag Yorkshire in a mug, boiling water, splash of milk. Simple, proper, none of that foreign muck.

the tea will be a gift for my grandmother who once visited ceylon and cant find a source for the tea. that is why i am searching specifically for dickoya ceylon tea. help would be appreciated.

amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_11?fst=as:off&rh=n:16310101,k:akbar&keywords=akbar&ie=UTF8&qid=1480685484&rnid=2941120011

Alrite, I live in Euroland so I don't know American sites but Ceylon is really standard so just google and you'll find.

Anyone got a US source for whole handmade yixing pots?

Also suggestions for a nice Gong Fu tray? I'm doing some christmas shopping for my brother

Yunnan sourcing maybe
But fully handmade yixing pots are expensive as fuck, you're probably looking for semi-handmade

Yunnan sourcing has a few cheaper ones that are handmade but use clay blends, have one, like it a lot

I dont' mind dropping 2-300 USD, I was told that they should be around that

admittedly I don't know anything about this stuff

>
> I can quite literally hear the tea becoming singed

Wut?

Fuck off Dawkins you brought this curse into the world.

kys and face the god you don't believe in

Alrite, just don't buy a too big pot if he drinks alone. Try 100-150ml
200 is too big for one person

i live in euroland too but i still cant find a good source. its not that simple i guess

Literally every regular teashop carries ceylon tea, just google "ceylon" with the grade you want and add "buy" I'm sure you'll find quite a lot of ceylon carrying teashops

Took me all of one minute ffs..

etsy.com/listing/465493220/dickoya-bop-black-tea-from-sri-lanka

etsy.com/listing/465493220/dickoya-bop-black-tea-from-sri-lanka?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_de_de_de_e-home_and_living-food_and_drink-herbs_and_spices_and_seasonings&utm_custom1=cf114e5c-cd56-4ce3-a08f-e7b072500d1b&gclid=CjwKEAiA1ITCBRDO-oLA-q_n8xYSJADjBQfGqQf1GicNeMPogF6f_jTg86EmrA6LaQo0mg_t-AT0ahoCxTvw_wcB

recently some 2008 ripe puerh I got as a gift and my favourite twisted dragon green tea. I have over 50 varieties though. I usually steep for a few seconds in my gaiwan if I'm at home, but at work I have one of those convenient cups that lets you steep it in the cup.

What nation in Europe?

What's the tea culture like over there? I'm curious because here in America people are literally tea-tarded, most just drink ultra sugary iced tea from McDoodles or their pumpkin spiced chai "tea" with whip cream on top.

Regardless of the truth or otherwise of the tree age claims, the sacred owl shu cake makes a beautiful cup. My favorite tea this autumn.

I feel like watching an ancient Chinese documentary to better understand the origins of tea and why they created it.

>What is your best-loved sort of tea?
jasmine, hot, with nothing in it

>How do you steep it?
I steep the thermos/mug that I drink from and leave it in until I finish and pour more hot water in

Not exactly sure but it might be related to Chinese regulations.

I haven't bought one but I think an user from a few threads back mentioned how he put his face there which makes him somewhat more legit.

Nana mint, lapsang souchong, ginger, chamomile. The ginger goes nicely with chamomile and the mint, too.

Drinking a 12 year old pu erh to start the day but more of a sencha guy

Could someone tell me what is going on here with the tea brewing? This animu is supposed to be set 1930's Japan.

He's pouring hot water over loose tea leaves in a small strainer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_strainer

I mostly drink earl grey but I do try out various sorts of green/black/red tea that I happen to come across at the local tea store.

Tea strainer wins it!

Nice get

Any idea what kind of tea was prominent around that time?