Staking your link tokens for payout rewards

So I have a little over 130k links that I am going to be staking for payout when mainnet is released.

However, should I use linkpool.io or should I try and set up my own node running on my computer?

Which, in your opinion would be more profitable for me? I'm assuming by then link will be at a dollar or more once everyone tries to buy in to generate passive income like me.

So i'd have ~ 130k worth of links being staked on my computer. Or should I put that in a pool??

Attached: 1518745604162.png (1000x1000, 777K)

Use AWS

What's that acronym stand for?

Anal Wasp System

Amazon Web Services. And just follow Thomas node setup guide.

Kk, thanx user

do you have to pay to set it up on AWS?

hey
hey buddy
you don't need LINK to set up a node
it's the least important factor
really you should set up the node ASAP cause uptime is the biggest factor

not a dev. but what's the risk your personal node gets hacked cause we don't wtf we're doing vs losing 30% to linkpool. how can we make sure our personal nodes are secure?

Is having a gaming desktop at all beneficial to having an efficient node that can stake a bunch of links? Or does it really just matter on the internet provider I have.

Yes but it's not expensive.

no clue
a gaming desktop is certainly more than enough for a node though

Follow Thomas guide and choose a good password. I only know some basic Unix commands and managed it. You should also join the node channel on slack, a lot of helpful people there including Thomas.

Attached: 68C72680-8813-45F6-9125-CEFC952B6F2E.png (457x500, 59K)

Brainlet here asking. Do you need a powerful computer? I have a shitty macbook air, do i need to upgrade before the mainnet?

That will depend on the contract. I assume link amount will be important and the more link you have, the more contracts you can handle.

Id imagine so man. I'm gonna go and put 1 or 2 thousand dollars on building a good desktop hooked up to etherenet. Running these nodes, solely dedicated to just that. Maybe mining if it can handle it...mining for shitcoins lol

i think everyone's getting confused regarding staking rewards. i highly doubt it would be a constant percentage regardless of price because that would mean businesses and other large entities would have incentive to keep the price down. instead, once things stabilize, we'd see a rough value of how much each data request costs. nevermind the volume, rarity of data, etc etc. i dont think it's something as simple as "i have 10k LINK .5% monthly at $100 per link". no way it's going to be as simple as that. better try to figure out how much volume there would be, setting how your node to be fast and reliable, and finding data that would be profitable

Btw is link just a fucking meme or what? Is it a genuinely good project?

Attached: 42tu9J9I_400x400.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Meme

>130k link
you have no clue how rich youre gonna be.
lucky

lol no it's just a meme, boyo

Anyway, I'm in the process of building a new house at the moment, moving in mid-april. Debtslave. Will set up a server in my tech-room for running a node as well.

There are free VPS options on AWS. What are the specs needed for a node?

It's easy to use chainlink...

even i can use it...a disabled xir gendered glob from minnesota...

we here...mom dad and me...invested everything and we develive in serger and crew in s.f. ...went there in '83 and saw the dead...love the tech revolution theat's going on there now...great stuff...AAALLL AROUND!!!

I'm NOG a arobot. ;-)

Attached: 3AQi4.jpg (315x315, 8K)

You spent 75000 on Link?

>a good desktop hooked up to etherenet

You have no idea what a raid array, fibre channel, power supply redundancy or in fact anything about IT do you. The state of this board sometime.

I have over 1m but I'll let others work out the kinks before I "STEAK" my precious

Attached: 1520775968472.jpg (3530x2648, 2.51M)

I don't know what any of that shit is and I majored in IT

But who is gonna use your nodes instead of linkpool's?

this. The number of people I see saying they're going to buy a computer for running a node on is extraordinarily cringe worthy.

So what? Use a computer with 4 gb of ram on a windows 7? That's ideal right? rofl..gtfo

top fucking kek
TFW
EVERYONE USES AWS
ENDS UP CENTRALIZING THE ORACLE NETWORK
SERGEY WILL BE SO DISAPPOINTED
T.39k bagholder